Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 21/04/2013 until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 21/04/2013 until 8pm:
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs: -
Number of demonstrations: -
Peaceful revolutionary activities: -
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 4
Number of shelled places: 6
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 2
Number of defections: -
1) Injured and wounded:
*Aleppo countryside - Safira: casualties fell due to the artillery shelling of the southern neighbourhood in the neighbourhood in the afternoon.
2) Amariyeh: a number of buildings were burnt due to the shelling:
3) Aleppo countryside - Arabeen: impact of the devastation in the town, which surrounds Kuweirs military hospital:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Salah al-Deen: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia in the neighbourhood and in Hashkal area in the evening.
2) Amariyeh: clashes are taking place between the FSA and Assad’s militia since the early morning.
3) Sakhour: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia.
4) Leiramoun: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia in the evening.
• Places that were shelled:
1) Salah al-Deen: artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
2) Amariyeh: artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
3) Sakhour: artillery shelling in the evening.
4) Leiramoun: artillery shelling in the evening.
* Shelling of Aleppo countryside:
5) Tel Rif’at: rocket launcher shelling at dawn.
6) Safira: artillery shelling in the southern neighbourhood in the afternoon.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen (armoured vehicles/tanks/jets):
1) Aleppo: helicopters flew overhead New Aleppo [Halab al-Jadida] and the surrounding neighbourhoods in the morning.
2) Aleppo countryside - Safira: new military reinforcements arrived to the defence and scientific research factories, consisting of 11 tanks, 5 rocket launchers, 2 doushka vehicles and 2 lorries carrying soldiers.
1) Jamiliyeh: a campaign of raids and searches was carried out in the area by Assad’s militia for the second day in a row.
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Bustan al-Qasr: clashes took place between Assad’s militia and the FSA at the municipal palace.
2) Ma’adee: rubbish spreading in the neighbourhood 20/04/2013
3) Baghdad station: a mortar shell fell on a residential building near Muesatee opticians. There are reports that a number of people were injured yesterday evening.
4) Sokaree: a number of shells fell yesterday evening. Many helicopters were flying overhead.
5) Maysaloun: destruction in residential houses 20/04/2013
6) Itha’ah: monitoring Cornishe road 20/04/2013
7) Old Aleppo - 20/04/2013
-Great destruction in the historic cotton souq [market]:
-Drinking water has been cut off to the surrounding neighbourhoods due to water pipes being exploded in the cotton souq:
-Great destruction in Khan al-Barsham due to the shelling:
-A historic house completely destroyed due to the shelling:
8) Aleppo countryside - Jarablus - Amarniya village: funeral procession for martyr Khalid Farouq al-Isma’eel, who was martyred during clashes in the 17th division in Raqqah 20/04/2013http://youtu.be/GrZc00XoFyQ