Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 28/03/2013 until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 28/03/2013 until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 1, in addition to a number of undefined arrests of young men in Hamdaniyeh.
Number of martyrs: 11
Number of demonstrations: -
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 3
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 3
Number of shelled places: 12
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 1
Number of defections: 4
1) Injured and wounded:
*Firdous: a number were injured by the shelling.
*Maghayer: people were injured by the mortar shelling.
*Bustan al-Basha: a soldier from the Free Syrian Army (FSA) was injured by Assad militia snipers from the direction of Midan.
*Aleppo countryside - Tel Rif’at: over 20 were injured, including women and children, by the warplane shelling:
-A child injured by the shelling:
-A child injured by the shelling:
2) Kallaseh: a rental car was burnt after a mortar shell fell on Kallaseh square in the morning:
3) Aghyoor: impact of the destruction:
4) Hellok: a campaign to clear out rubbish was obstructed due to Assad militia targeting machines of Aleppo city council:
5) Aleppo countryside - Tel Rif’at: cluster bomb shelling from warplanes:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Aleppo international airport: sporadic clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia around the airport.
2) Hellok: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia at Shaykh Ruz crossing.
3) Firdous: snipers targeted passers-by between Jisr al-Haj and the Firdous traffic signs for the second day in a row.
• Places that were shelled:
1) Bustan al-Qasr: mortar shelling during the early hours of dawn, which was renewed in the afternoon.
2) Kallaseh: a mortar shell fell in the morning.
3) Firdous: mortar shelling in the afternoon.
4) Ba’eideen: 2 shells fell in the afternoon.
5) Maghayer: mortar shelling in the morning.
6) Hellok: mortar shelling of Shaykh Ruz orchards in the afternoon.
7) Bab al-Nasr: a shell fell in the evening.
8) Salah al-Deen: 2 artillery shells fell in the morning, in addition to warplane shelling:
*Shelling of Aleppo countryside:
9) Mare’: surface-to-surface rocket shelling during the early hours of dawn.
10) Deir Jamal: artillery shelling at dawn.
11) Tel Rif’at: warplane shelling in the evening.
12) Duweiraniyeh: artillery shelling in the evening.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen:
1) Aleppo countryside - Hreitan: many warplanes flew overhead in the evening, with tanks surrounding.
1-2) Firdous: 2 unidentified martyrs were killed by the mortar shelling.
3) Firdous: child Jalal Mastinee, 17 years, was killed by the mortar shelling.
4-7) Kallaseh: 4 unidentified martyrs, including 3 who were in a rental car and an unidentified child who was crossing road, were killed.
8) Aleppo countryside - Injareh: child Muhammad Yousef Bin Isma’eel Rastam, 14 years, was killed by a bomb explosion.
9) Aleppo countryside - Tel Rif’at: Yahya Omar Badran was killed by the warplane shelling.
10) Aleppo countryside - Tel Rif’at: female Fawziya al-Sakran was killed by the warplane shelling.
11) Aleppo countryside - Talaleen: Muhammad Abdul-Jabbar, 20 years, was killed during clashes in Sakhour in Aleppo yesterday.
1) Jamdaniyeh: Assad’s militia carried out a campaign of raids and searches, arresting an undefined number of military-serving age, amid a cut-off of electricity and communications.
2) New Aleppo: a man in his 40s was arrested from inside a minibus at one of the checkpoints in the neighbourhood, giving the excuse that he is from Bustan al-Qasr.
• Peaceful revolutionary acts:
1) Masakin Hanano: the directorate council distributed water do civilians due to its cut-off.
-The directorate council in Masakin Hanano repaired the main water pipes, which have been damaged for 8 months.
2) Intharaat: Aleppo city council sprayed pesticides on residential buildings:
3) Hellok: Aleppo city council disposing of rubbish:
1) the defection of 4 soldiers from in front of the governor's palace was secured.
1) Kallaseh: picture of the car that was hit by a mortar shell, which lead to the martyrdom of 4 people; 3 who were renting a taxi and a child who was crossing the road.
2) Aleppo: letter from Aleppo university to Damascus university: “the university of the revolution heals the wounds of Damascus university with its own wounds”:
3) Intharaat: interview with a member of Aleppo council:
• Delayed videos and news:
1) Restoring the roads in the northern countryside 27/03/2013:
2) Masakin Hanano: demonstration calling for freedom and saluting martyrs 27/03/2013
3) Firdous: 2 people were injured Tuesday evening after snipers targeted passers-by between Jisr al-Haj and Firdous traffic lights.
4) Sabe’ Bahraat 27/03/2013
-A warehouse was burnt after it was targeted by Assad militia snipers:
-FSA soldiers preparing to put out the fire in the warehouse:
-Inside the warehouse, burnt due to Assad militia sniper fire:
5) Qastal Haramee: monitoring Assad militia barricades 27/03/2013
6) Neirab airport: monitoring Assad militia barricades above the oil factory near the airport 27/03/2013
7) Aleppo countryside - Safira - Khanaser: clashes between the FSA with military reinforcements approaching Khanaser 26/03/2013
8) Western Aleppo countryside - Kafarnouran 27/03/2013
-Colonel Abdul-Jabbar al-Akidee, head of the military council in Aleppo and its countryside, visits Kafarnouran village:
-Colonel Abdul-Jabbar al-Akidee visits the graves of martyrs in the village and reads the Fatiha: