Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 26/03/2013 [SYRIA]
• Summary for 26/03/2013:
Number of arrests: 1
Number of martyrs: 21
Number of demonstrations: 1
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 8
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 4
Number of shelled places: 23
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: -
Number of defections: -
1) Injured and wounded:
*Bustan al-Basha: 2 people were sniped by Assad’s militia.
*Itha’ah: 4 soldiers from the Free Syrian Army (FSA) were injured after an artillery shell fell on the neighbourhood.
*Shaykh Khadr: a woman was sniped by Assad’s militia from the direction of Suleiman al-Halabi.
*Bustan al-Qasr: 2 people were injured, one of whom was wounded critically, due to a mortar shell which fell.
*Sokaree: a child was injured by shrapnel from the artillery shelling.
*Salah al-Deen: a person was sniped by Assad’s militia, and another person was injured by the renewal of artillery shelling in the evening:
*Ansaree: a number of people were injured by 2 artillery shells which fell.
*Amariyeh: 2 people were injured by Assad militia gunfire.
*Qadee Askar: someone was injured by an artillery shell which fell near Qadee Askar roundabout.
*Tareeq al-Bab: a number of civilians were injured by the warplane shelling in the evening.
*Aleppo countryside - Hreitan: a number were injured, including children, due to the artillery shelling.
*Aleppo countryside - Azaaz: a child was injured by the artillery shelling:
2) Old Aleppo: Assad’s militia burned one of the bazaars in Old Aleppo, after failing to break into ‘Aqbeh neighbourhood and one of the markets in Madina:
-Smoke rising from a bazaar in Suqeiqa due to Assad’s militia burning it.
3) Old Aleppo: next to the destruction in the prison road:
4) Bustan al-Basha: devastation caused by the shelling:
5) Salah al-Deen: a general clip of the destruction in the neighbourhood:
6) Eastern Ansaree: impact of a shell which fell on a house:
7) Saif al-Dowleh: destruction inside Abu Ayoub al-Ansaree mosque:
-Impact of a mortar shell which fell:
-Destruction inside Saif al-Dowleh park:
8) Aleppo countryside - Hreitan: impact of a shell which fell:
-Impact of the shelling:
9) Aleppo countryside - Safira: civilians targeted by Assad militia snipers:
10) Aleppo countryside - Tel Rif’at: 2 scud rockets fell on the outskirts of the city at dawn.
-The crater caused the first scud missile which fell between the cities of Azaaz and Tel Rif’at:
-The crater caused by the second scud missile which fell on the outskirts of the city Tel Rif’at.
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Rashideen: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia in the evening.
2) Saif al-Dowleh: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia in the morning.
3) New ALeppo - Jam’iyet al-Muhandiseen: a large explosion was heard from an unknown source in the evening.
4) Aleppo countryside - Safira: civilians were targeted by Assad militia snipers.
• Places that were shelled:
1) Shaykh Maqsoud: mortar shelling in the late afternoon.
2) Saif al-Dowleh: mortar shelling in the late afternoon.
-Tank shelling in the morning. Helicopter shelling was renewed:
3) Mash-had: mortar shelling in the late afternoon.
4) Itha’ah: an artillery shell fell.
5) Marjeh: a mortar shell fell in the evening.
6) Sokaree: an artillery shell fell in the evening.
7) Ba’eideen: artillery shelling at dawn.
8) Bustan al-Qasr: a mortar shell fell in the morning.
9) Salah al-Deen: tank shelling in the morning, which was renewed in the evening.
-Smoke rising due to the fall of an artillery shell:
10) Jisr al-Haj: an artillery shell fell in the afternoon.
11) Ansaree: 2 artillery shells fell in the afternoon.
12) Qadee Askar: an artillery shell fell in the evening.
13) Bab al-Hadeed: artillery shelling:
14) Tareeq al-Bab: heavy machine gun shelling from warplanes in the evening.
*Shelling of Aleppo countryside:
15) Deir Jamal: violent rocket launcher shelling during the early hours of dawn.
16) Kafr Hamra: artillery shelling during the early hours of dawm.
17) Hreitan: artillery shelling in the afternoon.
18) Azaaz: artillery shelling.
19) Tel Rif’at: 2 scud missiles fell on the outskirts of Tel Rif’at at dawn.
20) Hayyan: rocket launcher shelling at dawn.
21) Duweiraniyeh: tank shelling of the village in the afternoon.
22) Sharfeh: artillery shelling of the village in the late afternoon.
23) Khan Touman: artillery shelling of the village in the evening.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen (tanks/jets/armoured vehicles):
1) Jamiliyeh: warplanes flew overhead the neighbourhood and the surrounding districts.
2) Saif al-Dowleh: helicopters flew overhead the neighbourhood, in conjunction with heavy clashes in the morning.
3) Amariyeh: helicopters flew overhead in the afternoon.
4) Aleppo: warplanes flew overhead the eastern districts in the evening.
5) Aleppo countryside - Atareb: helicopters flew overhead:
1-5) Saif al-Dowleh: the bodies of 5 unidentified martyrs were found rotting. They were sniped in the neighbourhood, opposite Saif al-Dowleh park:
6) Saif al-Dowleh: child Ahmad Mazkazki, 17 years, was killed by the shelling.
7) Saif al-Dowleh: Taher Abtinee, 68 years, was killed by the shelling.
8) Bab Antakiya: an unidentified marytr was sniped.
9) Shaykh Najjar: an unidentified martyr, in his 20s, was summarily executed.
10) Shaykh Najjar: an unidentified martyr, in his 40s, was summarily executed.
11-12) Midan: two unidentified martyrs were sniped:
13) Aleppo: female Fawziya al-Rasheed, 30 years, was sniped at the garage checkpoint.
14) Aleppo: Hassan Maqrash, 19 years, was killed during clashes in Saif al-Dowleh.
15) Aleppo: Ali Bin Muhammad Eid Qabas, 36 years with 6 children, died from wounds he had sustained 3 days ago during clashes near Maysaloun hospital.
16) Aleppo: Ahmad al-Abd, a defected soldier, was killed by the shelling of Qusayr in Homs:
17) Aleppo: Ahmad Iz-ul-Deen, a defected soldier, was killed by the shelling of Qusayr in Homs:
18) Aleppo countryside - Hreitan: Muhammad Haj Yousef, 48 years, was killed by the shelling.
19) Aleppo countryside - Safira: child Tareq Bin Subhi al-ahmad, 14 years, was killed by a mine explosion caused by the regime army in southern Tal’aran.
20) Aleppo countryside - Safira: child Muhammad Bin Hameed al-Ahmad, 12 years, was killed by a mine explosion caused by the regime army in southern Tal’aran.
21) Aleppo countryside - Atareb: female teacher Fatima al-Sayyid was killed by regime snipers in Mo’dhamiyeh in Damascus countryside.
*Martyrs from other provinces:
-Hama countryside: Anas al-Hami, a member of the FSA, was killed by the shelling in Hreitan.
-Sabe’ Bahraat: child Yousef al-Da’dou’, 16 years, was killed during clashes in Sabe’ Bahraat 23/03/2013
-Marjeh: Amer Bin Mahmoud Ghazal, 31 years with 3 children, was killed during clashes in Amariyeh 18/03/2013.
1) Khaldiyeh: according to Aleppo News Network, Assad’s militia stormed 2 houses in the neighbourhood and arrested a young man, taking him to an unknown location.
1) Marjeh: demonstration calling for freedom and the fall of the regime.
• Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1) Sha’ar: volunteers sprayed pesticides:
2) Marjeh: removal of accumulated rubbish in the neighbourhood:
3) Sokaree: removal of accumulated rubbish in the neighbourhood:
4) Tareeq al-Bab: digging wells due to the cut off of water:
5) Old Aleppo: drilling a well to solve the problem of the cut-off of water:
6) Aleppo countryside - Azaaz: a clean-up campaign carried out by the local council in Azaaz, with the aid of the Red Crescent.
7) Aleppo countryside - Atareb: rationing food baskets to the families of martyrs and casualties:
-Food baskets arriving to families of martyrs and the wounded:
8) Bab al-Salameh: part of a celebration organised by the Al-Bab Coordination in Bab al-Salameh crossing for the children refugees:
1) Sokaree: gas crisis in the neighbourhood:
2) Midan: monitoring the whereabouts of Assad’s militia in the area and of lying corpses.
3) Sha’ar: civilians suffering due to the cut-off of water:
4) Tareeq al-Bab: a water crisis:
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Old Aleppo - Umawee mosque: video showing what Assad’s militia did inside the tomb of the prophet Zakaria 25/03/2013
2) Bustan al-Basha: monitoring the directorate building for an agricultural research lab, where Assad’s militia and snipers are garrisoned 25/03/2013.
3) Aleppo countryside - Tel Nasibeen village in Hreitan in Aleppo countryside 25/03/2013:
4) Aleppo countryside: funeral procession for martyr Ahmad al-Hassan, known as Abu Athab, from Hamima al-Kabira village in Deir Hafer. He was martyred during battle while fighting against a convoy in Khan Touman. He had participated in several battles 25/03/2013: