Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 07/02/2013 until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 07/02/2013 until 8pm:
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs: 9
Number of demonstrations: -
Peaceful revolutionary activities: -
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 4
Number of shelled places: 12
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 2
Number of defections: -
1) Injured and wounded:
*Sabe’ Bahraat: a person was sniped by Assad’s militia near Sabe’ Bahraat roundabout in the morning, at the market entrance.
*Bani Zaid: a number were injured by the rocket shelling in the evening.
-One of the injured children:
2) Karm al-Jabal: impact of the great destruction:
-A field tour showing the destruction in the neighbourhood:
3) Bani Zaid: impact of the rocket shelling:
4) Rural Aleppo - Safira: the artillery shelling targeted mosque minarets.
5) Rural Aleppo - Safira: Assad’s militia burned some of the villages situated south of Um Amoud village, between Safira and Khanaser. Eyewitnesses asserted that there was a massacre that took place inside Khanaser town.
6) Rural Aleppo - Mar’anaz village: craters caused by the warplane rocket shelling:
-Great destruction caused by the shelling, which destroyed several houses and made the city into a ghost town:
7) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: impact of the rocket shelling of civilian houses:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Bustan al-Qasr: sporadic clashes took place at Huthaifa Bin al-Yaman mosque. Assad militia snipers targeted civilian cars in the region.
2) Sabe’ Bahraat: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia near Sabe’ Bahraat roundabout.
3) Old Aleppo: sporadic clashes took place in some of the districts of Old Aleppo in the morning.
4) Jam’iyet al-Zahraa’: fire outbroke from the air intelligence [mukhabaraat] building after it was targeted by rockets.
• Places that were shelled:
1) Jisr al-Haj: an artillery shell fell in the afternoon.
2) Firdous: artillery shelling in the afternoon.
3) Sheikh Sa’eed: artillery shelling:
4) Bani Zaid: rocket shelling in the evening.
-Rocket shrapnel fell on the neighbourhood:
5) Aleppo: an artillery shell on the way to the Aleppo international airport highway, which caused material damage.
6) Bustan al-Qasr: heavy machine gun shelling in the evening.
7) Ansaree: heavy machine gun shelling in the evening.
* Shelling in Aleppo countryside:
8) Hayyan: rocket launcher shelling at dawn.
9) Anadan: artillery shelling at dawn.
10) Ma’aret al-Arteeq: artillery shelling at dawn.
11) Safira: artillery shelling in the morning.
12) Azaaz: warplane shelling in Shat area in the afternoon.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen (jets/armoured vehicles/tanks):
1) Bani Zaid: warplanes flew overhead in the evening.
2) Rural Aleppo -Azaaz: many warplanes flew overhead the city.
Saliheen: Tha’er Azizee was killed by the shelling.
2) Saliheen: Mahmoud Azizee was killed by the shelling.
3) Saliheen: Ahmad Azizee was killed by the shelling.
4) Leiramoun: Abdulkareem Muhammad Shahadeh was killed during clashes at Manegh military airport.
5) Bustan al-Basha: Omar Abdulrahman Kalkoul was killed during clashes.
6) Bustan al-Basha: Abdullah Muhammad Alwalo, 22 years, was sniped by snipers in Sheikh Ruz in the neighbourhood Bustan al-Basha.
7) Sheikh Sa’eed: defected soldier Ahmad al-As’ad, 22 years died from wounds he had sustained during clashes in the neighbourhood.
8) Rural Aleppo - Safira: Ahmad al-Jalek was killed during clashes near Safira.
9) Rural Aleppo - Safira: Abdulsattaar Omar Haj Jamdo was killed during clashes near Safira.
* Also documented:
-Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: child Mustafa Khazem al-Haji, 9 years, was killed by the shelling of Bab Jnein in Aleppo.
-Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: Wael Omar Sharraq al-Zeit was killed by the shelling of Bab Jnein in Aleppo.
1) Aleppo international airport: monitoring of Minara checkpoint on the way to Aleppo international airport:
2) Bustan al-Qasr: civilians fleeing from sniper fire by Assad’s militia near the garage checkpoint:http://youtu.be/ZzmWxdv_o48
3) Karm al-Jabal: building on which Assad’s militia stationed:
4) Aleppo: monitoring Assad militia sandbag barricades in the Umawi mosque in Aleppo:
5) Aleppo: a photo of the money handed over by the Assad regime for the workers’ salaries, which was found to be old, worn out and and not suitable for use:
6) Rural Aleppo - Neirab airport: monitoring jets damaged inside Neirab military airport:
-Assad militia’s sandbag barricades on top of a mill near Neirab airport:
-Assad militia’s sandbag barricades inside Neirab airport: