Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 04/02/2013 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 04/02/2013 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs: -
Number of demonstrations: 1
Peaceful revolutionary activities: -
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 3
Number of shelled places: 9
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 2
Number of defections: 1
1) Injured and wounded:
*Bani Zaid: a number were injured by the artillery shelling:
2) Qadee Askar: impact after a rocket fell on a cemetery:
-The health institute caught fire after it was targeted by Assad’s warplanes:
3) Ma’saraneh: impact of the indiscriminate shelling of a house in the youth housing area:
4) Bani Zaid: impact of the artillery shelling:
5) Rural Aleppo - Rasm al-Aboud village: impact of the aerial shelling:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Zahraa’: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia around the air intelligence branch [mukhabaraat] during the early hours of dawn. Soldiers at Qurtuba roundabout he checkpoint opened fire every now and then.
2) Salah al-Deen: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia near Sa’d mosque in the evening.
3) A’thamiyeh: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia at the traffic lights in A’thamiyeh and the signs of Uwaija sweet shop.
• Places that were shelled:
1) Ma’adee: 2 artillery shells fell during the early hours of dawn.
2) Sikaree: a shell fell in the afternoon.
3) Qadee Askar: warplanes shelled the health institute in the afternoon:
4) Salah al-Deen: a shell fell in the afternoon.
5) Bani Zaid: artillery shelling in the evening.
* Shelling of Aleppo countryside:
6) Al-Bab: artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn.
7) Hayyan: shelling from rocket launchers during the early hours of dawn.
8) Khanaser: artillery and warplane shelling in the late afternoon.
9) Tel Aran: warplane shelling in the late afternoon.
10) Tel Abour: warplane shelling of the village in the late afternoon, which is situated west of Safira city.
11) Safira: artillery shelling in the evening.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen (tanks/armoured vehicles/jets):
1) Hamdaniyeh: warplanes flew overhead in the morning.
2) New Aleppo [Halab al-Jadida]: helicopters flew overhead in the evening.
1) Al-Atareb: funeral procession for martyr Husaam Abdul-Rahman:
1) The defection of a military from Rahbeh (near Kindee hospital) was secured. He was from Latakia.
1) Rural Aleppo - Kuweirs airport: helicopters attempted to drop food to Assad’s militia who are beseiged in the airport:
2) Rural Aleppo: a convoy consisting of large numbers of tanks and Assad’s militia arrived from Hama in the direction of Khanaser town. It is thought that the convoy is heading to Safira, and the rebels are clashing with them in Hamam area and are asking for support from all brigades of the Free Syrian Army.
3) Rural Aleppo - Safira: Assad’s militia took control of Khanaser town after beseiging it with around 3000 soldiers and shabeeh [regime-loyalist paid militia thugs] and 23 tanks. It is expected that they will continue onto the defence factories in Safira city.
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Aleppo university: 03/02/2013- some revolutionaries from the engineering faculty poured red ink as an expression to commemorate the martyrs of Aleppo university:
2) Mayassar: 03/02/2013-
-The point of electricity distribution in the neighbourhood was burned and some residents attempted to put out the fire:
-Repairing electrical wires:
3) Sabe’ Bahraat: impact of the indiscriminate shelling of Sabe’ Bahraat roundabout 03/02/2013:
4) Bustan al-Basha: a number of shells fell on the sports institute: 03/02/2013:
5) Rural Aleppo - Kuweirs: monitoring warplanes and helicopters inside the air faculty (part 1)