Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 21/01/2013 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 21/01/2013 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs: 20
Number of demonstrations: 4
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 5
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 1
Number of shelled places: 14
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 3
Number of defections: 1
1) Injured and wounded:
*Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: a number were injured by the violent artillery shelling of the city market [Madina Souq] and civilian houses in the later afternoon:
*Rural Aleppo - Safira: a number were injured, including women and children, due to the artillery shelling which targeted a nursery, which is presently housing displaced families:
2) Tareeq al-Bab: impact of the shelling:
3) Marjeh: impact of the artillery shelling:
4) Rural Aleppo - Kuweirs: impact of the air raids on Kuweirs:
5) Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: impact of the artillery shelling of the city:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Aleppo: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia at Kazia military checkpoint on the road between Aleppo and Damascus, at Aleppo entrance.
• Places that were shelled:
1) Qadee Askar: artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn.
2) The citadel: warplane shelling around the citadel during the early hours of dawn.
3) Marjeh: 2 shells fell during the early hours of dawn.
4) Salah al-Deen: a shell fell on Khudur mosque during the early hours of dawn.
5) Mash-had: a number of shells fell during the early hours of dawn. An artillery shell fell on the neighbourhood in the evening.
6) Tareeq al-Bab: an artillery shell fell in the afternoon.
7) Rashideen: a shell fell in the evening.
8) Firdous: tank shelling in the evening.
* Shelling of rural Aleppo:
9) Al-Bab: violent artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn, which was renewed in the afternoon.
10) Kafar Hamra: shelling from rocket launchers on the town during the early hours of dawn.
11) Deir Hafer: violent artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
12) Bashqateen: artillery shelling of the town, which is a part of Injareh, during the evening.
13) Safira: artillery shelling in the evening:
14) Mansoura: a shell fell in the evening.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen (armoured vehicles/tanks/jets):
1) The western districts of Aleppo: warplanes flew overhead the western districts.
2) Rural Aleppo - Atareb: warplanes flew overhead in the evening.
2) Western rural Aleppo: warplanes flew overhead the towns of Kafar Naya and Khan al-Asal.
1-5) Saif al-Dowleh: 5 unidentified martyrs were found at Doha junction:
6-7) Saif al-Dowleh: 2 unidentified military personnel were killed after they attempted to defect:
8-11) Bustan al-Qasr: 4 unidentified martyrs were sniped during the main road that leads to Huthaifa mosque.
12) Karam al-Jabal: child Abdulrahman Mustafa, 17 years, was killed during clashes in the neighbourhood.
13) Jisr al-Haj: an unidentified martyr was found in Qaqeiq river, near Jisr al-Haj roundabout.
14) Ramouseh: child Riwa Ashqar Bint Mustafa, 16 years, was sniped.
15) Rural Aleppo - rural Azaaz - Kafar Kalbein: female Fatima Hamed, a fourth-year student in the mathematics department, was killed by the shelling in the youth residentila area.
16) Rural Aleppo - Safira: child Muhammad al-Haj Muhammad Bin Yaseen died from wounds he had sustained from the shelling.
17) Rural Aleppo - Safira: child Muhammad al-Hamoud Bin Hamoud, 8 years, died from wounds he had sustained from the shelling.
18) Rural Aleppo - Manegh: Abdulbaset Muhammad Uthman, from Manegh, was killed during clashes around Manegh airport:
19) Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: Yousef Hamoud Mare’ee was killed during clashes with the PKK (Kurdish workers party) in Ras al-Ein city:
20) Rural Aleppo - Khan Touman: Mahmoud Kawalal al-Qudour was killed during clashes in Khan Touman.
* Also documented:
-Sha’ar: 09/01/2013 - Ali Nour-ud-Deen, 19 years, was killed by the artillery shelling.
-Muhafatha: 18/01/2013 - child Fatima al-Hajjee, 14 years, was killed by the shelling.
-Aleppo: 15/01/2013 - Muhammad Ghazi al-Khaled, student in the faculty of education, was killed by the shelling of the university.
-Zibdiyeh: 15/01/2013 - female Amina Jawad, 55 years, a displaced refugee in the university campus, died from the shelling of Aleppo university.
-Zibdiyeh: 15/01/2013 - Mahmoud Saqlaya, 30 years, son of martyr Amina Jawad and a refugee in the university campus, died from the shelling of Aleppo university.
-Zibdiyeh: 15/01/2013 - Yousef Saqlaya, 19 years, son of martyr Amina Jawad and a refugee in the university campus, died from the shelling of Aleppo university.
-Sikaree: 15/01/2013 - Muhammad Iyza Ibn Mahmoud, 31 years, refugee in the university campus, died from the shelling of Aleppo university.
1) Sikaree: student demonstration demanding freedom and the fall of the regime:http://youtu.be/8ofztX7T6wY
2) Tareeq al-Bab: demonstration saluting the revolutionaries and demanding the fall of the regime.
3) Aleppo: demonstration demanding reform in electricity, which brought together people from Bustan al-Qasr and Kallaseh.
4) Rural Aleppo - al-Bab: demonstration that brought together streets in the city, calling for a united front, following a dispute between members of the FSA and Jabhet al-Nusra, and a speech by the leader of Jabhet al-Busra in which he claims that “we are the FSA”:
• Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1) Tareeq al-Bab: freedom-callers from Tareeq al-Bab put the FSA before their own responsibilities and remind some negligent members of the FSA with their duties:
2) Rural Aleppo - Khafseh: the Future Syrian Youth Commission launched the campaign “Syria is bleeding” to cover the severe shortage of blood in field hospitals, those affected and the children. It should be noted that this campaign is consistent throughout Manbej:
3) Rural Aleppo - Manbej: the relief “charity campaign” distributes winter rations to displaced refugees and the poor of the city:
-Securing aid to those stationed in Kuweirs airport:
4) Rural Aleppo - Manbej: campaign of “Syria is bleeding” for donating blood from the eastern countryside, and assuring that the blood reaches field hospitals, under the protection of the Future Syrian Youth Commission:
5) Rural Aleppo - al-Bab: “sustaining blessed charity society” - tour of a distribution of aid to displaced refugees and those needy in the city:
1) Rural Aleppo - Kuweirs airport: Colonel pilot Abdul-sattar al-’Asef defected from Kuweirs military airport:
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Aleppo: soldier Taher Neirabanee defected from Assad’s militia and joined the ranks of the FSA 20/01/2013:
2) Aleppo university: demonstration from the electrical engineering faculty 20/01/2013:
3) Sha’ar - 20/01/2013-
-Impact of the shelling of civilian houses in the hospital road, and the succouring of the injured:
-Impact of the shelling of a house: