Thursday, January 3, 2013
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 03/01/2013 [SYRIA]
• Summary for 03/01/2013 :
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs: 21
Number of demonstrations: -
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 1
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 8
Number of shelled places: 23
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 5
Number of defections: 1
1) Injured and wounded: :
*Sakhour: 2 people were injured by the artillery shelling at dawn.
*Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: 2 children were injured by the rocket shelling.
*Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: 10 were injured, most of whom are children, and a number of houses were destroyed by warplanes targetting the town for the 4th time during 3 days.
2) Ansaree: warplanes targeted paramedics trying to evacuate martyrs and casualties from under the rubble, after 4 houses were burned by the shelling.
-One of the places selling fuel was burned.
-A building was burned by the artillery shelling:
3) Sikaree: impact of the shelling and civilians in a state of panic:
4) Salah al-Deen: impact of the destruction in a Sharia girls secondary school:
5) Rural Aleppo - around Manegh airport: impact of the warplane shelling:
6) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: impact of the violent shelling and civilians attempting to recover martyrs from under the rubble:
-Moment an artillery shell fell:
-Clips of the great destruction and recovering bodies from underneath the rubble:
-Great destruction due to the air raids on the town:
-A man carries a child whose body has been ripped:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Furqan: sounds of explosions were heard at dawn.
2) Sakhour: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia.
3) Mogabmo: sounds of clashes were heard from the direction of Share’ al-Neel [Neel road] a bit ago.
4) Zahraa’: sounds of heavy open fire were heard in west Zahraa’, the reason for which remains unknown.
5) New Aleppo [Halab al-Jadida]: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia at Salam roundabout in the evening.
6) Zahraa’: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia around the air intelligence branch [mukhabaraat].
7) Share’ Tishreen: violent clashes took place, in conjunction with sounds of shelling and the FSA attacking Mahlab barracks.
8) Rural Aleppo - Manegh: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia around Manegh military airport:
• Places that were shelled:
1) Sakhour: artillery shelling at dawn.
2) Around Brigade 80: tanks shelled around Brigade 80:
3) Masakin Hanano: artillery shelling in the afternoon, in addition to heavy machine gun shelling from warplanes in the late afternoon.
4) Masakin al-Sabeel: 2 shells fell near the bakery in the neighbourhood at dawn.
5) Sikaree: shelling of the neighbourhood.
-Moments when a shell fell:
6) Zibdiyeh: artillery shelling in the evening.
7) Ansaree: artillery shelling in the evening and a renewal of warplane shelling:
8) Mash-had: artillery shelling in the evening.
9) Aqyool: artillery shelling in the evening.
10) Kallaseh: artillery shelling in the evening.
11) Bustan al-Qasr: artillery shelling in the evening.
12) Bani Zaid: aerial shelling in the evening.
13) Tareeq al-Bab: warplane shelling in the evening.
14) Leiramoun: warplane shelling near Leiramoun and Jam’iyet al-Zahraa.
* Shelling of rural Aleppo:
15) Mare’: surface-to-surface rocket shelling during the early hours of dawn.
16) Azaaz: surface-to-surface rocket shelling during the early hours of dawn.
17) artillery shelling at dawn.
18) Hayyan: warplane shelling during the early hours of dawn. The town was exposed to a second raid by warplanes in the afternoon, in addition to artillery shelling in the afternoon:
19) Anadan: warplanes dropped explosive TNT barrels in the afternoon. Shelled was renewed by rocket launchers in the afternoon.
20) Safira: artillery shelling in the afternoon.
-Smoke rising due to the shelling:
-Clips showing Assad’s militia shelling the villages surrounding the city by artillery stationed in Jabal al-Waha:
21) Ma’aret al-Arteeq: artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
22) Souran: warplane shelling in the late afternoon.
23) Kafar Hamra: artillery shelling in the evening.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen (tanks/armoured vehicles/jets):
1) Aleppo - the eastern districts: warplanes shelled the eastern districts of Aleppo:
2) Aleppo - the western districts: warplanes flew overhead the neighbourhoods of Sikaree, Zibdiyeh and Ansaree.
3) Masakin Hanano: warplanes flew overhead:
4) Tareeq al-Bab: warplanes flying overhead:
5) Rural Aleppo - Manegh military airport: warplanes flying around the airport, amid violent clashes.
The total count for the number of martyrs in Aleppo and its countryside has reached 21, including 5 women and 3 children.
1) Itha’ah: an unidentified martyr was sniped:
2) Handarat: Hussain Hussain Aby Hameed, in his 30s, was sniped in front of his house.
3) Ansaree: Abdulkareem Muhammad Jum’ah, 24 years, was killed by the mortar shelling.
4) Ansaree: Hamoudeh al-Bab was killed by the mortar shelling.
5) Ansaree: Ali al-Bab was killed by the mortar shelling.
-Video of the massacre:
6-7) Salah al-Deen: 2 unidentified martyrs were sniped and found on Ramouseh highway.
8) Aleppo: Muhannad Muhammad Naser Sikaree, 18 years, was killed after he was arrested by the air intelligence branch [mukhabaraat] at Razee bakery. He was buried by security forces.
9) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: female Amina Ahmad Sarraj Ali was killed by the air raid of the town.
10) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: female Yasmine Ali Qareetum was killed by the air raid of the town.
11) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: female Amina Mahmoud Qareetum was killed by the air raid of the town.
12) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: female Noura Muhammad Nour Majree was killed by the air raid of the town.
13) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: Omar Ja’far Qareetum was killed by the air raid of the town.
14) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: child Khadija Ali Qareetum was killed by the air raid of the town.
15) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: infant Muhammad Ali Qareetum was killed by the air raid of the town.
16) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: infant Ja’far Qareetum was killed by the air raid of the town.
Videos of the massacre:
17) Rural Aleppo - Manbej: Abu Abdullah Bakaree was killed in an ambush in Raqqah province.
18) Rural Aleppo - Manbej: Ayham al-Hajji Bakaree was killed in an ambush in Raqqah province.
19) Rural Aleppo - Manbej: Abdulhakeem al-Hajji was killed in an ambush in Raqqah province.
20) Rural Aleppo - Bayanoun: Hassan Ahmad Hassan ‘Ashour Shaqoudar, 23 years, was sniped by the regime army during clashes in al-Kindee.
21) Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: Munthir al-Shamee (Abu Shaheen) was killed during clashes in al-Kindee:
• Martyrs from other provinces:
-Damascus: Munthir Nashawatee “Abu Shaheen” was killed in a battle to liberate Kindee hospital.
* Also documented:
-Rural Aleppo - Hayyan 01/12/2012:
*Abdul-Fattah Ahmad al-Yousef, 19 years, died from wounds he had sustained from the warplane shelling of a bakery in Jazmatee, where he lived:
• Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1) Bustan al-Qasr: a candle vigil in commemoration of the martyrs of Syria:
1) Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: defection of Colonel Ibrahim al-Salameh from Kuweirs airport. He joined the ranks of the Free Syrian Army:
-Interview with the defected Colonel:
1) Old Aleppo: an accumulation of rubbish/garbage in the streets:
2) Qadee Askar: an accumulation of rubbish/garbage in Qadee Askar square:
3) Sakhour: cases of injured children, where doctors are unsure of the reason why:
4) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: the council which runs the town has announced that Hayyan is stricken, where over half of its residents have fled due to the daily and repeated shelling by warplanes and rocket launchers, which causes the fall of several martyrs and casualties amid the difficult living conditions, due to the electricity being cut-off and the great extortion of prices of food supplies and fuel.
• Delayed videos and news:
1) Miyassar: warplanes flew overhead 02/01/2012:
2) Aleppo: the Turkman news agency was shelled, wounding one of its members and causing great material damage a few days ago.