Monday, December 17, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 17/12/2012 [SYRIA]
• Summary for 17/12/2012:
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs: 22
Number of demonstrations: 1
Peaceful revolutionary activities: -
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 7
Number of shelled places: 8
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 1
Number of defections: 1
1) Injured and wounded:
*Salah Al Deen: an elderly woman was injured on the highway by Assad’s militia.
*Heidariyeh: dozens were injured, including a woman who is in a critical condition, due to 3 mortar shells which fell in the late afternoon.
*Qadee Askar: a child and a woman were injured by Assad’s militia’s heavy artillery shelling.
*Aleppo: civilians were injured, one of whom is in a critical condition, due to gunfire on cars in front of the Scientific Research in Aleppo during the early hours of dawn.
2) Bustan Al Qasr: impact of Assad militias using car bomb explosives:
3) Aqyool: destruction in buildings at Aqyool roundabout:
-Proportion of destruction in Muhammad Al Sha’er school:
-Devastation at the outskirts of Maysaloun:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Jandoul: violent clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia around Jandoul roundabout.
2) Bustan Al Qasr: a large explosion shook the neighbourhood near the police headquarters in Kallaseh (previously), caused by a taxi car bomb.
3) Old Aleppo: clashes took place between the FSA & Assad’s militia:
4) Mare’: large explosions were heard in Um Housh village, which is a part of Mare’ city in rural Aleppo, at dawn. The source of the explosion is unknown.
5) Rural Aleppo - Handarat: clashes took place between the FSA & Assad’s militia at Handarat battalion.
6) Rural Aleppo - Safira: clashes took place between the FSA & Assad’s militia in Andaniya village, which is 10km south of Safira.
7) Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: sounds of explosions and heavy gunfire were heard from the direction of Manegh military airport.
• Places that were shelled:
1) Hellok: artillery and rocket launcher shelling during the early hours of dawn.
2) Qadee Askar: a mortar shell fell during the early hours of dawn. Artillery shelling was renewed in the evening.
3) Salah Al Deen: shelling in the morning, which was renewed in the late afternoon.
4) Al Leiramoun: artillery shelling at dawn.
5) Heidariyeh: artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
6) Sabeel: 2 shells fell at Razi hospital in the late afternoon.
7) Aleppo: shelling from Al Zahraa’ artillery towards the liberated regions in the late afternoon.
* Shelling of rural Aleppo:
8) Azaaz - Shawarigha: TNT barrel shelling from warplanes of the village adjacent to Manegh military airport at dawn:
9) Handarat: artillery shelling of Handarat battalion in the evening
• Number of times that heavy army equpiment was seen (tanks, armoured vehicles, jets):
1) Jamiliyeh: Assad’s militia’s tanks stationed in the neighbourhood from the direction of the Ba’ath party branch.
1-3) Kallaseh: 3 unidentified martyrs, including a woman, were killed as a result of a taxi car explosion near Kallaseh police station in the neighbourhood.
4) Marjeh: female Fatima Muhammad Jaroukh, 72 years, was sniped at Jisr Assan.
5) Marjeh: Muhammad Ali Al Sheikh Hussain, 28 years, was killed during clashes in Amariyeh.
6) Heidariyeh: an unidentified female martyr was killed by the mortar shelling of Heidariyeh roundabout.
7) Heidariyeh: an unidentified child martyr was killed by the mortar shelling of Heidariyeh roundabout.
8) Tareeq Al Bab: Muhammad Uthman Haddad, 29 years with 3 children, was killed during clashes at Manegh military airport.
9-12) Amariyeh: 4 unidentified bodies were found, who were summarily executed by the regime army:http://youtu.be/jVtGpPMxJUk
13) Maysaloun: an unidentified civilian martyr was sniped:
14) Aleppo: Jasem Eisa Al Eisa was summarily executed in Na’ima town in rural Daraa:
15) Rural Aleppo - Safira: female Fatima Al Ahmad Bint Omar died from wounds she had sustained from the shelling of the city yesterday.
16) Rural Aleppo - Safira: child Ali Bin Mahmoud Al Sheikh Junaid died from wounds he had sustained from the shelling yesterday.
17) Rural Aleppo - Sheikh Alwan village: Ahmad Al Sheikh Uthman was killed during clashes in Safira.
18) Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: Faraj Deibo Al Ghawi, 24 years with 2 children, was killed during clashes in Khan Touman.
19) Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: Muhammad Al Hadidi, 34 years, was killed during clashes at Manegh military airport:
20) Rural Aleppo - Anadan: Muhammad Ali Shamta died from wounds he had sustained during a clash near Castilo restauraunt:
21) Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: Ammar Amouree, 24 years, was killed during clashes at Manegh military airport:
22) Rural Aleppo: an unidentified child from either Safira or Hayyan was martyred and is currently in Kals hospital in Turkey:
-Qadee Askar: Hassan Bin Abdul Rahman Mahyo Salim, 36 years with 2 children, was killed under torture after he was arrested by security 29/09/2012. His body was brought on the 10/12/2012 and his family were informed of his martyrdom on the 13/12/2012.
1) Kallaseh: a demonstration emerged in front of Abi Al Rajaa’ bakery, which demanded the fall of Assad.
1) Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: the FSA in Deir Hafer secured the defection of Colonel Abu Baraa’, as well as the safety of his family. He used to serve in Kawies military airport and it should be noted that the Colonel is from Deir Ezzor.
1) Old Aleppo: place where Assad’s snipers stationed inside the municipal palace:
2) Aleppo: reports that electricity started to return to some areas of the city, after a continued power outage of over 3 days to the whole city.
3) Heidariyeh: electricity returned to the neighbourhood after a power outage of over 25 days.
4) Aleppo: some internally displaced refugees have left schools due to the cut-off of water and electricity for the 4th day in a row, in addition to a lack of fuel and search and arrest campaigns by the military security and the air defence.
5) Important - rural Aleppo - Al Bab: field hospitals are differing from a severe shortage of oxygen, amid the stifling conditions experienced by power outages and a cut-off of fuel, oil and gas. Civilians call for relief and humanitarian agencies to give immediate assistance and to secure oxygen supplies to hospitals and patients.
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Rural Aleppo: funeral procession for martyr Ammar Amouree, a hero from the FSA, who was martyred in the battle to liberate Manegh military airport 16/12/2012:
2) Aleppo: Infantry Academy: smoke billowing due to the warplane shelling 16/12/2012:
3) Hellok: 2 martyrs and casualties due to the fall of a shell on the neighbourhood 16/12/2012:
4) Old Aleppo: Qasileh roundabout in Old Aleppo has become “Mawt” (death) roundabout due to the presence of snipers who open fire on anything that moves, from the direction of the municipal palace 16/12/2012:
5) Old Aleppo: a mosque devoid of worshippers due to snipers 16/12/2012:
6) Aqbeh: clashes took place between the FSA & Assad’s militia 16/12/2012: