Sunday, November 18, 2012
18/11/2012 up until 8pm
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 18/11/2012 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 18/11/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs:
Number of demonstrations: 1
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 4
Number of shelled places: 11
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 1
Number of defections: 0
1) Injured and wounded:
•Al Marjeh: some were critically injured as a result of the shelling of the outskirts of the district in the late afternoon.
2) Al Marjeh: several buildings were damaged due to the shelling of the outskirts of the district in the late afternoon.
3) Bustan Al Zahra: fires spread in the final floor of a building, where an artillery shell fell near Huthaifa mosque.
4) Bustan Al Qasr: 2 houses were burnt in the housing district of Tarbiyeh as a result of snipers targeting them from the municipal palace, who fired explosive rounds of gunfire, deliberately burning the houses after one the other.
5) Bustan Al Qasr: the high floor of a residential building in the Sha’biya housing area was burnt when an artillery shell fell on it during violent clashes that took place in the late afternoon.
6) Al Jazmatee: impact of the destruction of 3 houses after TNT barrels were dropped from warplanes:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Bustan Al Qasr: violent clashes between the Free Syrian Army and Assad’s militia in the late afternoon.
2) Karam Al Jabal: clashes between the Free Syrian Army and the regime army.
3) Al Amariyeh: clashes between the Free Syrian Army and Assad’s militia.
4) Al Atareb: violent clashes in Regiment 46:
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1) Qadee Askar: artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn.
2) Bustan Al Zahra: an artillery shell fell near Huthaifa mosque in the late afternoon.
3) Al Sha’ar: a shell fell near Al Sha’ar roundabout in the late afternoon.
4) Al Marjeh: a number of shells fell on the outskirts of the district in the late afternoon.
5) Bustan Al Qasr: a shell fell on the district in the late afternoon.
* Shelling of rural Aleppo:
6) Kafar Hamra: artillery shelling of the town.
7) Tel Hasel: warplane shelling of cable factories north of the town.
8) Azaaz: artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn.
9) Bayanoun: artillery shelling near the town in the late afternoon.
10) Hayyan: artillery shelling near the town in the late afternoon.
11) Al Atareb: warplane shelling around Regiment 46:
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks, armoured vehicles and jets’:
1) Rural Aleppo - Tel Hasel: warplanes flew overhead, in conjunction of shelling north of the town.
• Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
1) A large demonstration emerged in the afternoon in the main square, which called for the stricken cities in Syria:
1) Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: cellular communications and the internet line remain cut-off to the city for the fourth day in a row now, since warplanes hit the towers. In addition, electricity is cut-off for more than 9 hours daily.
2) Rural Aleppo - Al Safira: Al Safira automated bakery was opened in the city after it was closed for 6 days, as petrol was cut-off to it. This was done with the help of the Red Crescent in the city.
• Delayed videos and news:
1) New Aleppo [Halab Al Jadideh]: security forces stormed Ahfad Mousa Bin Naseer secondary school yesterday evening, which is packed with displaced refugees, insulted some of the volunteers and refugees, demanded to see civilians’ identity cards and forcibly detained some with no known reason.
2) Tareeq Al Bab: the opening of a children’s school in the district 17/11/2012:
-Distributing stationery to students:
-The happiness of the children upon returning to school:
3) Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: emotional words spoken by the wife of a martyr 17/11/2012: