Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 10/11/2012 [SYRIA]
• Summary for 10/11/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 10
Number of demonstrations: 3
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 1
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 6
Number of shelled places: 24
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 4
Number of defections: 2
1) Injured and wounded:
•Al Sakhour: a number were injured due to the artillery shelling in the evening.
•Northern Al Hellok: A man and his wife were seriously injured as a result of a shell which fell onto a residential building in the neighbourhood during the early hours of dawn.
2) Karam al Jabal: buildings burnt as a result of Assad’s tank shelling.
3) Maysaloon: parts of 2 residential buildings were destroyed near Jabal Al Itham graveyard as a result of the shelling.
4) Al Sakhour: destruction in some houses and outbreaks of fire due to the artillery shelling.
5) Karam Al Jabal: destruction in the district:
*Great destruction due to the shelling:
*Great destruction and the targeting of a mosque minaret:
* Assad's forces destroyed houses before withdrawing:
6) Al Heidariyeh: great destruction due to the artillery shelling:
7) Rural Aleppo – Khan Al Asal: more than twenty farm and a factory were burnt.
Cases of gunfire:
1) Al Itha’ah: Violent clashes between the Free Syrian Army and the regime army.
2) Karam al Jabal: Violent clashes between the Free Syrian Army and the regime army.
3) Al Sakhour: violent clashes on the outskirts of the district, from the direction of Suleiman Al Halabi, between the Free Syrian Army and the regime army in the evening.
4) Al Neirab airport: clashes, described as the fiercest yet, around Aleppo international airport, with heavy weapons used in the evening.
5) Western rural Aleppo - Kafar Naha: violent clashes between the Free Syrian Army and Assad’s militia.
6) Rural Aleppo - Al Zarbeh: violent clashes between the Free Syrian Army and Assad’s militia during the early hours of dawn.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1) Bani Zaid: artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn.
2) Masakin Hanano: a number of shells fell during the early hours of dawn. Shelling was renewed during the evening.
3) Northern Al Hellok: a shell fell on a residential building near Omar Bin Al Khattab mosque during the early hours of dawn.
4) Bustan Al Qasr: artillery shelling in the afternoon.
5) Al Leiramoun: warplane shelling in the afternoon. Artillery shelling from Al Zahraa’ artillery and from tanks stationed at the air intelligence [mukhabaraat] was renewed in the evening.
6) Al Sabe’ Bahraat: tank shelling.
7) Al Heidariyeh: artillery shelling in the evening.
8) Al Sakhour: artillery shelling in the evening.
9) Al Sikaree: 2 shells fell in the evening.
10) Al Sha’ar: 2 shells fell in the evening.
11) New Aleppo [Halab Al Jadideh]: 2 artillery shells fell on residential buildings in Al Shuhadaa’ district in New Aleppo in the evening, causing material damage.
12) Aleppo: shelling of the eastern districts from tanks and artillery stationed in Suleiman Al Halabi, Al Arqoub and Hanano military barracks.
* Shelling of rural Aleppo:
13) Baza’ah: warplanes shelled civilian houses using heavy machine guns during the early hours of dawn.
14) Al Bab: machine gun shelling from warplanes of the outskirts of the city during the early hours of dawn.
15) Tadef: warplane shelling at dawn.
16) Deir Hafer: warplane shelling during the morning.
17) Kafar Halab: shelling from Regiment 46, and electricity was cut-off in the evening.
18) Anadan: violent artillery shelling in the evening.
19) Al Mansoura: 2 shells fell from Al Zahraa’ artillery in the evening.
20) Tel Hadya: rocket shelling from warplanes of Al Khaleej university, which lead to material damages in buildings.
21) Al Safira: Jabal Al Has, opposite Al Qabteen villages, Junaid and its fields, 15km east of Al Safira city, was shelled daily with artillery for about a month, threatening the population of the region and leading to outbreaks of fires.
22) Tel Hasel: an artillery shell fell north of the village in the evening.
23) Tal’aran: an artillery shell fell south of the village on the road between Aleppo and Al Waha in the evening.
24) Hreitan: artillery shelling in the evening.
25) Bayanoun: artillery shelling in the evening.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was used:
1) Al Mayassar: warplanes flew overhead the district at low altitudes during the early hours of dawn.
2) Aleppo: warplanes flew overhead and shelled the liberated neighbourhoods.
3) Rural Aleppo - Injarah: helicopters flew overhead:
4) Rural Aleppo: warplanes flew overhead the northern countryside, and renewed their flight in the evening.
1) Al Leiramoun: a female of around 50 years was martyred near Al Leiramoun roundabout by gunfire from Assad’s battalions during their withdrawal to the air branch building.
2) Ba’eideen: Bilal Abdul Rahman Baree, 26 years with a child, was sniped near Al Shaqeef bridge.
3) Al Sheikh Khadar: an unidentified martyr was sniped:
4) Al Sheikh Khadar: an unidentified martyr was sniped:
5) Aleppo: Abdul Hameed Shouyahna, an electrical engineering student, was sniped while he was traveling to his home, from where he had fled:
6) Aleppo: Anas Abeed was martyred during clashes:
7) Rural Aleppo - Ma’aret Al Arteeq: a 3-year-old child was martyred as a result of the warplane shelling.
8) Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: Muhammad Bin Abdul Qader Muhammad Ali was killed during clashes.
9) Rural Aleppo - Al Khafseh - Khafyet Al Hamr village: Abdullah Mustafa Al Muhaimad Al Fayhan was killed during clashes at Al Dabasee checkpoint.
10) Rural Aleppo - Deir Jamal: Abdullah Ghazi Mardaghani, with a child, was killed during clashes in Al Sheikh Sa’eed in Aleppo:
• Also documented:
-Rural Aleppo - Daret ‘Izeh: Rasheed Muhammad Deib Hasana, 55 years, was sniped at Al Haya hospital in Aleppo. He was buried in Al Zarbeh graveyard around 18 days ago.
-Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: Yahya Abdul Razzaq Idlibee was sniped in Aleppo 04/11/2012.
-Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: Husam Ibrahim Al Salem was killed during clashes in Aleppo 08/11/2012.
-Rural Aleppo - Baza’ah: Ahmad Al Jum’ah Bin Muhammad Al Bayed, 60 years, was killed by the shelling of Al Bab 2 days ago.
-Name of the martyr who fell in Kobanee yesterday:
Walat Hasee, martyred by PKK gunfire. He was from Tel Hajeb village near Kobanee.
• Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
1) Babees: Large overwhelming demonstration took off despite the presence of more than 250 Assad thugs in the town, chanting for the FSA and for the martyr Mohammad Abd Allah Jarban during his funeral procession, on the day that he was sniped in Salah Al Deen, aged 18 years old.
* Funeral prayers:
* Funeral procession:
2) Mare’: Funeral procession for martyr Mohammad Saber Al Najjar.
3) Kobanee: funeral procession for Walaat Hasee:
*Mourners chant for the Free Syrian Army and demand the fall of the regime shabeeha [civilian-paid thugs], the PKK party:
• Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1) Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: Formation of the city's Fire and Rescue office.
1) New Aleppo [Halab Al Jadideh]: a group of security personnel spread, wearing civilian clothing, near Sa’d Bin Al Rabee’ mosque and Al Iman mosque in the district.
2) Al Ashrafiyeh: the telecommunication services were cut off in the morning.
3) Al Leiramoun: electricity has been cut-off to the district for more than 15 days.
4) Bustan Al Qasr: report of the destruction in Masakin Al Tarbiyeh region in the district:
5) Aleppo: the return of life to some of the liberated districts in Aleppo, despite the aerial shelling and clashes:
6) Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: cluster bombs that did not explode after they were dropped from Assad’s jets:
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Al Firdous: demonstration after Friday prayers 09/11/2012:
2) Al Ma’adee: demonstration 09/11/2012:
3) Al Firdous: impact of the shelling of Khiyata mosque and the emergence of a demonstration after Friday prayers 09/11/2012:
4) Maysaloun: tank shelling:
5) Al Leiramoun: around 8 factories were burnt at Al Leiramoun roundabout as a result of the artillery and tank shelling of the area. 09/10/2012:
6) Al Neirab: dawn - a campaign of raids, where 5 civilian cars, carrying 30 soldiers from the air intelligence [mukhabaraat] arrested young Yousef Jamal Masree from his house. Soldiers resumed raids in the late afternoon yesterday to force civilians to flee, without any new arrests.
7) Al Sheikh Sa’d: violent clashes in the district 09/11/2012:
8) Tareeq Al Bab: devastation in a building in the district 09/11/2012:
*Impact of the shrapnel after the bakery was targeted by warplanes 09/11/2012:
*Warplanes shelling the district 09/11/2012:
9) Rural Aleppo- Baza’ah: a revolution wedding for two soldiers from the FSA 09/11/2012.