Thursday, November 8, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 08/11/2012 [SYRIA]
• Summary for 08/11/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 25
Number of demonstrations: 2
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 1
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 6
Number of shelled places: 32
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 5
Number of defections: 0
1) Injured and wounded:
•Al Sikaree: reports of casualties due to the artillery shelling in the evening.
•Al Sheikh Khadar: a number were injured, one of whom was injured critically, due to the fall of a shell on the district in the evening.
•Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: more than 16 were injured due to the warplane shelling using TNT barrels and rockets in the heart of the city, in addition to several who were injured due to the explosive TNT barrel shelling from warplanes of the bread bakery in the city.
-A funeral procession for a martyr who was killed during the aforementioned shelling was targeted by renewed shelling.
*A child injured due to the explosive TNT barrel shelling:
2) Aqyool: the minaret of Usama Bin Zaid mosque was targeted by 2 shells, completely burning a building next to the mosque.
3) Qadee Askar: Al Sheikh Sa’oud graveyard was targeted by warplanes.
*Impact of the destruction in the graveyard:
4) Al Sha’ar: impact of the continuous shelling:
5) Karam Al Turab: devastation in civilian houses:
6) Al Leiramoun: the TNT barrel shelling lead to devastation and a power outage in the district.
7) Rural Aleppo - Kafar Naya: the minaret of Khalid Bin Al Waleed mosque was targeted during the shelling of the town:
8) Karam Al Jabal: impact of the destruction, which affected houses and mosques:
9) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: impact of the artillery shelling of houses:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Bustan Al Basha: clashes near the raid branch during the early hours of dawn.
2) Al Zahraa: clashes around the air intelligence [mukhabaraat] building at dawn.
3) Al Leiramoun: violent clashes, in conjunction with shelling in the afternoon:
4) Maysaloun: sounds of violent clashes were heard, in conjunction with shelling from tanks stationed in Maysaloun park. Warplanes flew overhead the region.
5) Karam Al Jabal: clashes on the outskirts of the barracks.
6) Masakin Hanano: sounds of gunfire were heard in the district in the evening.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1) Aqyool: artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn.
2) Bustan Al Basha: artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn.
3) Al Sakhour: warplane shelling during the early hours of dawn, which was renewed in the afternoon.
4) Al Zahraa’: violent shelling from Al Zahraa’ artillery of the districts of Aleppo during the early hours of dawn.
5) Qadee Askar: warplane shelling of Qadee Askar graveyard during the early hours of dawn, using explosive TNT barrels.
6) Bab Al Nasr: a shell fell on the district at dawn.
7) Al Mayassar: shelling after the early hours of dawn.
8) Masakin Hanano: warplane shelling in the morning.
9) Al Leiramoun: warplane shelling in the afternoon, where warplanes dropped explosive TNT barrels on the areas surrounding:
10) Maysaloun: shelling from tanks stationed in Al Maysaloun park in the afternoon.
11) Al Jdaideh: artillery shelling from military security artillery stationed inside New Aleppo [Halab Al Jadideh] of the liberated districts.
12) Aleppo: warplane shelling:
13) Al Sheikh Khadar: a shell fell in the evening.
14) Bani Zaid: artillery shelling in the evening that continued for 2 hours.
15) Al Sikaree: artillery shelling in the evening
16) Bab Jnein: shelling in the evening.
*Shelling of rural Aleppo:
17) Hayyan: artillery shelling at dawn.
18) Orem Al Kubra: warplane shelling:
*A gas station that was targeted:
19) Ikhtarein: warplane shelling of civilian houses:
20) Kafar Naya: shelling of the town, which targeted the minaret of Khalid Bin Al Waleed mosque:
21) Hreitan: violent shelling in the late afternoon.
22) Kafar Hamra: warplane shelling in the late afternoon.
23) Al Bab: warplane shelling in the evening, which was renewed during a funeral procession of a martyr who was killed during the aforementioned shelling:
24) Baza’ah: machine gun shelling from warplanes of the road between Baza’ah and Al Bab.
25) Hreitan: violent artillery shelling in the evening.
26) Anadan: violent artillery shelling in the evening.
27) Kafar Naya: violent artillery shelling in the evening.
28) Farmlands in Kafar Hamra: violent artillery shelling in the evening.
29) Al Atareb: violent artillery shelling in the evening from artillery in Regiment 46.
30) Al Atareb: violent artillery shelling in the evening from artillery in Regiment 46.
31) Tel Hasel: shelling from heavy warplane machine guns of the area around the village in the evening.
32) Al Douyarina: shelling from heavy warplane machine guns of the area around the village in the evening.
33) Jibreen: shelling from heavy warplane machine guns of the area around the village in the evening.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was used ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1) Al Mayassar: warplanes flew overhead at dawn.
2) Al Qaterjee: warpalnes flew overhead:
3) Maysaloun: warplanes flew overhead.
4) Tareeq Al Bab: warplanes flew overhead in the late afternoon.
5) Al Sha’ar: warplanes flew overhead in the late afternoon.
1) Al Sakhour: Zakariya Ibrahim Salem, 48 years, was killed as a result of the shelling of his taxi car. He was originally from Talalin in rural Aleppo.
2) Al Saliheen: Ahmad Dahan Bin Khayro, 17 years, was executed by gunfire. His body was found in the university hospital. It should be noted that he was arrested yesterday from in front of Al Rahman mosque in Aleppo, and was a displaced refugee.
3) Al Heidariyeh: Amer Asef, 18 years old, the Qashoush of the district, was killed during a battle with the Hindarat battalion of the air defence.
4) Al Leiramoun: Darar Sa’eed Ibn Ahmad, 35 years with 5 children, was killed during a battle in Al Leiramoun around the air defence in Aleppo.
5) Al Leiramoun: Omar Shareef Ibn Muhammad, was killed during clashes around the air defence in Aleppo.
6) Bab Al Neirab: Ahmad Kalziya was killed during around the air defence:
7) Bustan Al Basha: Muhammad Maqrash died from wounds he had sustained 2 months ago in the district:
8-20) Aleppo: 13 martyrs from the Free Syrian Army fell during an operation with the air defence battalion in Handarat.
21) Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: Yousef Mustafa Suweid, 23 years, was killed during the shelling of the city:
22) Rural Aleppo - Al Muslamiya: an unidentified martyr who was a member of the Free Syrian Army was killed during clashes in the school of infantry.
23) Rural Aleppo - Al Ibzamo: Muhammad Jihad Al Qam was sniped in the head.
24) Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: Omar Turkee Haj Qudour was martyred in Aleppo.
25) Rural Aleppo - Mare’: Adee Saber Abash, a defected military, was killed during clashes in Karam Al Jabal in Aleppo.
-Al Naqireen: Rashid Al Halabi was martyred as a result of the shelling 04/11/2012.
-Rural Aleppo - Jibreen: an unidentified, mentally disabled martyr was sniped by snipers in the railway company near the village 05/11/2012.
-Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: Bashar Hamdo Qanti was killed during clashes near the air defence in Aleppo yesterday 07/11/2012.
The names of the martyrs from Ikhtarein who were victims of the shelling yesterday have been documented:
1) Female Kafaa’ Mahmoud Al Hamid, 24 years, wife of Muhammad Al Haj Aref.
2) Child Nagham Muhammad Al Haj Aref, 2 years.
3) Child, daughter of Muhammad Al Haj Aref, 3 months.
4) Child Mahmoud Bin Muhammad Al Haj Aref, 18 months.
5) An elderly woman, 70 years, wife of Karmo Al Shahoud
6-8) 3 unidentified children under the age of 7, children of Mahmoud Al Haj Karmo Al Shahoud.
* Videos from the massacre:
9) Child Fatima Al Hassan, 7 years, from Al Zayadia village.
*Al Safira: the names of the following civilians were killed as a result of the shelling yesterday:
1) Female Maryam Al Zawin Bint Mahmoud, 45 years.
2) Child Reem Abdul Qader Zawin, daughter of martyr Maryam Al Zawin, 10 years.
3) Child Abdul Qader Zawin, son of martyr Maryam Al Zawin.
4) Naser Sheikhanee:
• Demonstrations in Aleppo city:
1) Al Firdous: evening demonstration in front of Al Taqwa bakery calling for unity and saluting the martyrs of the revolution.
• Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
2) Tel Rif’at: funeral prayers for martyr Omar Turkee Haj Qadour:
• Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1) Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: the civil defence recover a body after the shelling of Al Bab:
1) Karam Al Turab: smoke rising in the neighbourhood.
2) Aleppo: The moment shells fell onto the neighbourhoods of Aleppo.
3) Aleppo Citadel: The moment shells fell on neighbourhoods near the citadel resulting from continuous artillery shelling along with the rise of smoke columns above the neighbourhoods from the citadel.
4) Aleppo- Public park: Assad’s militia gangs carry out searches on passers-by.
5) Aleppo- Smoke fills the sky above the city as a result of the shelling of Al Leiramoun.
6) Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: recovering bodies from under the rubble.
7) Western rural Aleppo- Al Atareb city: Humanitarian situation in the city of Al Atareb 08/11/2012:
Continued power and electricity cuts have led to difficulty for the civilians in ensuring water, gas, fuel and basic necessities, in addition to the closing down of the first bakery since the massacre that took place on 31/10/2012, which remains closed until now. Rockets and artillery shells continued to fall from Regiment 46 on the outskirts of the city, particularly focused on the southern district (the way to Kafar Nouran) and the eastern district (Al Karab). 2 artillery shells fell on the city last night.
8) Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: a martyr under the rubble near the bakery. The father of the martyr waits near the civil defence for the body of his son to be recovered:
9) Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: recovering a body after the shelling of a number of areas of Al Bab city:
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Aleppo- A number of civilians injured resulting from Assad snipers.
2) Hayyan: Warplane shelling of the town 07/11/2012.
3) Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: Shelling of Al Farabee hospital 07/11/2012.
4) Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: Injuries resulting from shelling: