Thursday, November 8, 2012
08/11/2012 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 08/11/2012 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 08/11/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 7
Number of demonstrations:
Peaceful revolutionary activities:
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 5
Number of shelled places: 18
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 5
Number of defections: 0
1) Injured and wounded:
•Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: more than 16 were injured due to the warplane shelling using TNT barrels and rockets in the heart of the city, in addition to several who were injured due to the explosive TNT barrel shelling from warplanes of the bread bakery in the city.
*A child injured due to the explosive TNT barrel shelling:
2) Aqyool: the minaret of Usama Bin Zaid mosque was targeted by 2 shells, completely burning a building next to the mosque.
3) Qadee Askar: Al Sheikh Sa’oud graveyard was targeted by warplanes.
*Impact of the destruction in the graveyard:
4) Al Sha’ar: impact of the continuous shelling:
5) Karam Al Turab: devastation in civilian houses:
6) Al Leiramoun: the TNT barrel shelling lead to devastation and a power outage in the district.
Rural Aleppo - Kafar Naya: the minaret of Khalid Bin Al Waleed mosque was targeted during the shelling of the town:
7) Karam Al Jabal: impact of the destruction, which affected houses and mosques:
8) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: impact of the artillery shelling of houses:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Bustan Al Basha: clashes near the raid branch during the early hours of dawn.
2) Al Zahraa: clashes around the air intelligence [mukhabaraat] building at dawn.
3) Al Leiramoun: violent clashes, in conjunction with shelling in the afternoon:
4) Maysaloun: sounds of violent clashes were heard, in conjunction with shelling from tanks stationed in Maysaloun park. Warplanes flew overhead the region.
5) Karam Al Jabal: clashes on the outskirts of the barracks.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1) Aqyool: artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn.
2) Bustan Al Basha: artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn.
3) Al Sakhour: warplane shelling during the early hours of dawn, which was renewed in the afternoon.
4) Al Zahraa’: violent shelling from Al Zahraa’ artillery of the districts of Aleppo during the early hours of dawn.
5) Qadee Askar: warplane shelling of Qadee Askar graveyard during the early hours of dawn, using explosive TNT barrels.
6) Bab Al Nasr: a shell fell on the district at dawn.
7) Al Mayassar: shelling after the early hours of dawn.
8) Masakin Hanano: warplane shelling in the morning.
9) Al Leiramoun: warplane shelling in the afternoon, where warplanes dropped explosive TNT barrels on the areas surrounding:
10) Maysaloun: shelling from tanks stationed in Al Maysaloun park in the afternoon.
11) Al Jdaideh: artillery shelling from military security artillery stationed inside Aleppo.
*Shelling of rural Aleppo:
12) Hayyan: artillery shelling at dawn.
13) Orem Al Kubra: warplane shelling:
*A gas station that was targeted:
14) Ikhtarein: warplane shelling of civilian houses:
15) Kafar Naya: shelling of the town, which targeted the minaret of Khalid Bin Al Waleed mosque:
16) Hreitan: violent shelling in the late afternoon.
17) Kafar Hamra: warplane shelling in the late afternoon.
18) Al Bab: warplane shelling in the evening:
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was used ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1) Al Mayassar: warplanes flew overhead at dawn.
2) Al Qaterjee: warpalnes flew overhead:
3) Maysaloun: warplanes flew overhead.
4) Tareeq Al Bab: warplanes flew overhead in the late afternoon.
5) Al Sha’ar: warplanes flew overhead in the late afternoon.
1) Al Heidariyeh: Amer Asef, a member of the Free Syrian Army, was killed during a battle with the air defence.
2) Al Leiramoun: Darar Sa’eed Ibn Ahmad, a member of the Free Syrian Army, was killed during a battle in Al Leiramoun.
3) Al Leiramoun: Omar Shareef Ibn Muhammad, a member of the Free Syrian Army, was killed during a battle in Al Leiramoun.
4) Al Leiramoun: Ahmad Kalziya, a member of the Free Syrian Army, was killed during clashes at Al Leiramoun checkpoint.
5) Rural Aleppo - Al Muslamiya: an unidentified martyr who was a member of the Free Syrian Army was killed during clashes in the school of infantry.
6) Rural Aleppo - Al Ibzamo: Muhammad Jihad Al Qam was sniped in the head.
7) Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: Omar Turkee Haj Qudour was martyred in Aleppo.
-Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: Bashar Hamdo Qanti was sniped in Aleppo 07/11/2012.
The names of the martyrs from Ikhtarein who were victims of the shelling yesterday have been documented:
-Wife of Muhammad Al Haj Aref
-Child Nagham Muhammad Al Haj Aref, 2 years.
-Child, daughter of Muhammad Al Haj Aref, 3 months.
-An elderly woman, 70 years, wife of Karmo Al Shahoud
-3 unidentified children under the age of 7, children of Mahmoud Al Haj Karmo Al Shahoud.
-Child Fatima Al Hassan, 7 years, from Al Zayadia.
*Al Safira: the names of the following civilians were killed as a result of the shelling yesterday:
-Female Maryam Al Zawin Bint Mahmoud, 45 years.
-Child Reem Abdul Qader Zawin, daughter of martyr Maryam Al Zawin, 10 years.
-Child Abdul Qader Zawin, son of martyr Maryam Al Zawin.
1) Karm Al Jabal: Rise of smoke columns above the neighbourhood.
2) Aleppo- The moment shells fell onto the neighbourhoods of Aleppo.
3) Aleppo Citadel: The moment shells fell on neighbourhoods near the citadel resulting from continuous artillery shelling along with the rise of smoke columns above the neighbourhoods from the citadel.
4) Aleppo- Public park: Units of Assad gangs carry out searches of people passing by.
5) Aleppo- Smoke fills the sky above the city resulting from shelling of Alleiramoun.
6) Rural Aleppo-
Al Bab: Kidnapping of corpses from under the rubble.
7) Western rural Aleppo- Al Atareb city: Humanitarian situation in the city of Al Atareb 08/11/2012:
Continued power and electricity cuts have led to difficulty for the civilians in ensuring water, gas, fuel and basic necessities, in addition to the closing down of the first bakery since the massacre that took place on 31/10/2012, which remains closed until now. Rockets and artillery shells continued to fall from Regiment 46 on the outskirts of the city, particularly focused on the southern district (the way to Kafar Nouran) and the eastern district (Al Karab). 2 artillery shells fell on the city last night.
Delayed news and videos:
1) Aleppo- A number of civilians injured resulting from Assad snipers.
2) Hayyan: Warplane shelling of the town 07/11/2012.
3) Hreitan: Shelling of Al Farabee hospital 07/11/2012.
Injuries resulting from shelling: