Saturday, November 3, 2012
03/11/2012 up until 8pm
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 03/11/2012 up until 8pm
• Summary for 03/11/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 11
Number of demonstrations: 0
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 6
Number of shelled places: 24
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 8
Number of defections: 4
1) Injured and wounded:
*Al Sakhour: a small girl was injured by the artillery shelling at dawn.
*Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: a casualty who was injured by rockets & TNT barrels dropped from warplanes:
2) Al Sha’ar: impact of the barbaric shelling:
-Destruction inside a house:
-Impact of the devastation in Diyaa-ud-Deen school:
3) Al Arqoub: next to the destruction caused by the shelling:
4) Al Sakhour: damage caused by the artillery shelling at dawn:
5) Karam Al Jabal: impact of the shelling:
6) Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: impact of the warplane shelling:
7) Rural Aleppo - Khan Al Asal: the Assad army targeted children in the town:
8) Rural Aleppo - Kafar Naya: columns of smoke rising due to TNT barrels that were dropped from warplanes:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Al Zahraa’: violent clashes between the Free Syrian Army and the regime army at dawn.
2) Share’ Al neel: sounds of clashes near Al Tubi Al Jirahee roundabout at dawn.
3) Qastal Al Haramee: clashes between the Free Syrian Army and the regime army continued from the morning up until the afternoon.
4) Salah Al Deen: sounds of violent clashes were heard in the evening.
5) Al Hamdaniyeh: clashes between the 3rd and 4rth districts on Al Hamdaniyeh highway in the evening.
6) Aleppo international airport: violent clashes between the Free Syrian Army and the regime army at dawn.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1) Al Leiramoun: artillery and warplane shelling during the early hours of dawn.
2) Bani Zaid: warplane shelling during the early hours of dawn.
3) Al Zahraa’: indiscriminate warplane shelling around the air intelligence [mukhabaraat] building at dawn.
4) Al Sakhour: heavy machine gun shelling from warplanes at dawn, which was renewed in the late afternoon.
5) Masakin Hanano: heavy machine gun shelling from warplanes at dawn.
6) Tareeq Al Bab: violent artillery shelling at dawn.
7) Suleiman Al Halabi: a shell fell on the final floor of the Awqaf building [the ministry of Islamic affairs] in the morning, opposite Al Ma’aree secondary school.
8) Karam Al Jabal: violent shelling from the morning and up until the afternoon:
9) Bab Al Nasr: shelling in the late afternoon.
10) The municipal stadium: reports that a shell fell on Al Ma’loumatiya girls school, causing only material damage.
11) Salah Al deen: a shell fell from the direction of Al Khadar road in the evening.
12) Al Hamdaniyeh: machine gun shelling from regime helicopters of the area surrounding the district in the evening.
13) Al Muhafatha: a shell fell on Naqabet Al Mu’alameen road in the late afternoon, with no losses reported.
14) Al Sabeel: a shell fell on Al Rahman mosque:
15) Al Tal: violent rocket shelling from Assad’s warplanes on the district and its surroundings.
* Shelling of rural Aleppo:
16) Anadan: heavy machine gun shelling from warplanes during the early hours of dawn.
17) Hreitan: heavy machine gun shelling from warplanes during the early hours of dawn.
18) Dabeq: warplane shelling at dawn.
19) Al Safira: artillery shelling in the afternoon.
20) Kafar Naya: warplane and heavy artillery shelling in the afternoon.
21) Tel Rif’at: rocket and TBT barrel shelling from warplanes.
22) Al Bab: heavy machine gun shelling from warplanes on the way from Aleppo to Al Bab in the evening.
23) Orem Al Kubra: heavy artillery shelling in the evening. The town experienced a number of air raids in the afternoon.
24) Khan Al Asal: tank and rocket launcher shelling:
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1) Share’ Al Neel: helicopters flew overhead at dawn.
2) Al Firdous: warplanes flew overhead:
3) Al Jdaideh: a tank entered the district in the afternoon.
4) Al Tel: a tank stationed at Bawlas bakery.
5) Rural Aleppo - Al Safira: warplanes flew overhead the city and the surrounding villages during the early hours of dawn.
6) Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: warplanes flew overhead in the late afternoon.
7) Rural Aleppo - Tadef: warplanes flew overhead in the late afternoon.
8) Rural Aleppo: warplanes flew overhead the northern suburbs during the early hours of dawn.
1) Al Firdous: Abdullah Ali Muhammad, 29 years, died from wounds he had sustained by snipers on the way to Al Ramouseh on Thursday 1/11/2012. He was martyred today.
2) Jam’iyet Al Zahraa’: an unidentified body was found with signs of torture near Nizar Qabbani school.
3) Qadee Askar: Doctor Qadree Muhammad Iz-ud-Deen, 40 years with 4 children, worked as the doctor in the central prison in Aleppo. He defected from the regime a while ago, and was arrested around 20 days ago. He died under torture in Damascus while he was arrested.
4) Tareeq Al Bab: Samer ‘Hassan Al Hasanee’ was killed during clashes in Karam Al Jabal in Aleppo.
5) Tareeq Al Bab: Isma’eel Ajouree was killed from the machine gun shelling of his car in Masakin Hanano, while he was travelling to work.
6) Al Leiramoun: Muhammad Mustafa Al Khateeb was killed during clashes around Hanano barracks.
7) Al Leiramoun: Ahmad Subhi Saleh was killed during clashes around Hanano barracks.
8) Karam Al Jabal: Muhammad Al Jabbar died from wounds he had sustained 2 days ago.
9) Aleppo: Muhammad Bakree Al A’ma was was killed when his car was shot at in Muhambal area in Idlib:
10) Rural Aleppo - Maskaneh: Abdullah Ibrahim Shahadeh Al Ali, 24 years, was killed during clashes around Al Jawiyeh in Aleppo:
11) Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: Sha’ban Muhammad Deib Kanjo died from severe wounds he had sustained as a result of the artillery shelling.
1) Al Leiramoun: electricity has been cut off for the past 48 hours.
2) Al Ma’adee: civilians continue to suffer from the power outage for the 3rd day now, in addition to a cut-off of land and mobile communications for more than 10 days and a partial cut-off of water in some areas.
3) Al Tal: security forces and shabeeha [regime thugs] forced shop owners to close in the late afternoon.
4) The citadel: presence of barricades and snipers, and the conversion of the place into a military barrack.
5) Aleppo: reports that security reinforcements arrived and Assad’s forces stationed in Icarda institute. The reinforcements comprised of: 5 cars, 2 buses, a type of van and around 30 soldiers.
• Delayed videos and news:
1) Bab Al Hadeed: impact of the shelling of Al Tali’ah area 02/11/2012:
-Impact of the indiscriminate shelling 02/11/2012:
2) Al Mayassar: demonstration 02/11/2012:
3) Bab Al Nasr: impact of the shelling in Al Almajee square 02/11/2012:
4) Bab Al Nasr: impact of the shelling of Tishreen nursery 02/11/2012:
5) Al Sheikh Najjar: warplane shelling of the industrial city 02/11/2012:
6) Salah Al Deen: a regime tank stationed in front of Sa’d Bin Abi Waqes mosque 02/11/2012:
7) Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: impact of the destruction inside a house 02/11/2012:
8) Rural Aleppo - Bayanoun: distributing the surviving statistics and guidance books 30/10/2012:
9) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: impact of the shelling of a civilian house, which martyred 2 civilians: Jum’ah Diyab Qantee and Mousa Anadan Qatnee 29/10/2012:
-Prayers for the 2 martyrs 29/10/2012:
10) The Syrian-Turkish border: casualties stranded at the border after the shelling of Al Atareb bakery 31/10/2012: