Friday, October 26, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 26/10/2012 [SYRIA]
Friday of ‘God is Great, He Granted Victory to His Servants, Honored his Soldiers and Defeated the Enemy Himself’
• Summary for 26/10/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 32
Number of demonstrations: 24
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 2
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 3
Number of shelled places: 13
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 1
Number of defections: 0
1) Jam’iyet Al Zahraa’: a handcuffed body was found summarily executed, dressed in underwear, near Qurtabeh roundabout.
2) Suleiman Al Halabi: the body of martyr Na’san Shamarjee Ibn Ali being withdrawn:
3) Old Aleppo: an unidentified young man was martyred near the citadel. He was sniped in Al Bahlawan building.
4) Al Ashrafiyeh: the body of an unidentified young man was found near Al Thura bakery:
-The body of an unidentified woman was found near Al Thura bakery:
5) Aleppo - the old city: report showing the destruction caused by Assad's army which is burning the history of the old city of Aleppo - Syria 23-10-2012
• Cases of gunfire:
1) The city centre: checkpoints in the centre of the city open sporadic gunfire after midnight, followed by sounds of a shell that fell in the same area.
2) Heavy and indiscriminate machine gunfire in Al Baqr market during the last hour.
3) Al Ashrafiyeh: sounds of heavy gunfire in the late afternoon.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1) Artillery shelling of the liberated districts after midnight on Thursday, thought to be from artillery stationed in Nadi Al Dabbat [officer’s club] and artillery from the air intelligence branch.
2) Old Aleppo: Al Milih square, Janinet Al Fareeq and a number of other districts surrounding the historic citadel in the heart of the city were targeted by mortar shells and tanks stationed in front of the citadel.
3) Bustan Al Basha: helicopter shelling of the Bustan Al Basha and the districts surrounding Old Aleppo.
4) Al Sha’ar: in a blatant breach of the ceasefire, the district was artillery shelled. Around 9 shells fell on residential buildings, injuring a young man with a shrapnel in the back.
5) Al Jaloum: 4 shells fell.
6) Masakin Hanano: 3 shells fell in a blatant breach of the ceasefire. No casualties were reported.
7) Al Furqan: artillery shelling, thought to be from Nadi Al Dabbat [officers club], of the surrounding districts.
8) More than 12 shells were fired from artillery stationed at the end of Nazlet Adonis. It is thought that the shells fell on the districts Al Itha’ah and Saif Al Dowleh.
* Shelling of Aleppo suburbs:
9) Hreitan: artillery shelling. A number of shells fell at dawn.
10) Hayyan: artillery shelling at dawn.
11) Kafar Naya: regime forces breached the ceasefire and fired 4 shells on the town.
12) Al Zahraa’ artillery blatantly breached the ceasefire and shelled northern Aleppo suburbs a few hours ago. Violent sounds of shelling were heard.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1) Saif Al Dowleh: helicopters flew overhead:
1-2) Al Firdous: 2 martyrs from the Mar’ee family were sniped near Al Hajaz garage.
3) Al Firdous: a martyr from the Barhoum family was sniped near Al Hajaz garage.
4) Suleiman Al Halabi: Fa’ez Al Jisree, 45 years, was killed during clashes near Al Rahman mosque.
5) Suleiman Al Halabi: Na’san Shamarjee Bin Ali, 53 years, was sniped:
6) Al Sheikh Khadar: Sabouh Azizee died from a shrapnel in the place to where he had fled, in a school in Masakin Al Sabeel:
7) Jam’iyet Al Zahraa’: an unidentified, handcuffed martyr was summarily executed near the air intelligence [mukhabaraat] branch.
8-17) Al Ashrafiyeh: 10 martyrs, 6 of whom are Kurds, were killed during clashes with soldiers from the PYD party.
18) Old Aleppo - Al Aqbeh: a young man was killed by snipers stationed in Al Bahloawan building.
19) Aleppo: Mazen Muhammad Hasakeer was killed during clashes.
20) Aleppo suburbs - Daret ‘Izeh: Muhammad Hasanee was killed during clashes in Aleppo.
21) Aleppo suburbs - Al Bab: Hamza Abdul Khalaq Al Haj Ahmad, 24 years, a fourth-year student with the faculty of economics, was killed during clashes in Al Leiramoun in Aleppo.
22) Aleppo suburbs - Al Sahara: Mahmoud Radiya was killed during clashes in Khan Al Asal.
23) Aleppo suburbs - Al Sahara: Abdullah Muhammad Ameen was killed during clashes in Khan Al Asal.
24) Aleppo suburbs - Tel Rif’at: media activist Hatem Hamdo Hallaq was sniped while he was distributing Eid sweets to his friends in Suleiman Al Halabi district. He is the brother of media activist and martyr Muhammad Hamdo Hallaq:
25) Aleppo suburbs - Mare’: Abdullah Najjar, 52 years, was shot at a checkpoint at the post office junction in Saif Al Dowleh. He was shot at a number of times from a short-range in front of his wife and his small, infant son in the late afternoon:
26) Aleppo suburbs - Mare’: Muhammad Jameel Abbas was killed during clashes in Aleppo.
27) Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan: Waleed Samir Masree was killed during clashes in Al Ashrafiyeh with soldiers from the PYD.
28) Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan: Ahmad Masree was killed during clashes in Al Ashrafiyeh with soldiers from the PYD.
29-32) Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan: 4 martyrs were killed during clashes in Al Ashrafiyeh with soldiers from the PYD.
* Also documented:
-Aleppo suburbs - Al Sahara: Fares Latouf Al Ahmad was killed during a battle in Orem Al Kubra 22/09/2012
-Aleppo suburbs - Al Sahara: Hassan Karmo was killed during a battle in Orem Al Kubra 22/09/2012
-Aleppo suburbs - Al Sahara: Mustafa Abdo Mar’ee was killed during a battle with Regiment 46.
• Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1) Al Sikaree: distributing leaflets of guidance after Eid prayers: