======================== Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 20/10/2012 up until 8pm [SYRIA] ========================
• Summary for 20/10/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 1
Number of martyrs: 7
Number of demonstrations: 0
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 2
Number of shelled places: 20
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 2
Number of defections: 0
1) Injured and wounded:
• Al Jdaideh - Qastal Haramee: a shell fell on a house, which caused the fall of a number of martyrs and casualties, in addition to the destruction of the house.
• Al Qatana: a whole family was injured, some of whom were injured critically, as a result of the fall of a shell on their house:
• Aleppo suburbs - Al Mansoura: the artillery shelling injured a number of people.
• Aleppo suburbs - Ratyan: a number were injured as a result of the aerial shelling of the village.
2) Al Kallaseh: artillery shelling of the district, causing destruction and suffering to civilians:
3) Al Amariyeh: the body of a woman who was killed by Assad’s battalions decaying in Al Amariyeh:
4) Karam Al Jabal: impact of the shelling of Al Israa’ mosque:
5) Suleiman Al Halabi: decomposing bodies of civilians:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Al Midan: clashes between the Free Syrian Army and the regime army at the raids branch.
2) Aleppo suburbs - Al Atareb: clashes between the Free Syrian Army and Regiment 46.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1) Al Heidariyeh: violent artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn.
2) Masakin Hanano: violent artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn.
3) Al Jdaideh - Qastal Haramee: a mortar shell fell on a house at dawn.
4) Salah Al Deen: artillery shelling of the district during the early hours of dawn.
5) Qastal Mushut: shelling at dawn.
6) Al Kallaseh: artillery shelling at dawn.
7) Qatana: shelling at dawn.
8) Al Amariyeh: shelling at dawn:
9) Al Firdous: artillery shelling at dawn.
10) Karam Al Jabal: shelling at dawn.
11) Al Leiramoun factories: an artillery shell fell in the afternoon on one of the factories in the area, adjacent to Bani Zaid district.
* Shelling of Aleppo suburbs:
12) Deir Hafer: warplane shelling during the early hours of dawn.
13) Kafar Hamra: violent artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn.
14) Baza’ah: warplane shelling during the early hours of dawn.
15) Al Mansoura: artillery shelling at dawn.
16) The western suburbs: artillery and aerial shelling on the areas surrounding Regiment 46 in the morning.
17) Bayanoun: warplanes open machine gunfire on cars on the roads connecting between Bayanoun and Ratyan in the morning.
18) Al Atareb: warplane shelling and shelling from Regiment 46:
19) Hreitan: artillery shelling in the afternoon.
20) Ratyan: violent aerial shelling in the late afternoon.
• Number of times heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1) Northern Aleppo suburbs: warplanes flew overhead the northern suburbs, in conjunction with sounds of heavy explosions.
2) Aleppo suburbs - Al Atareb: warplanes flew overhead in the morning.
1) Qastal Al Mushut: the father of the Nahas family was martyred as a result of the shelling.
2) Qastal Al Mushut: the mother of the Nahas family was martyred as a result of the shelling.
3) Qastal Al Mushut: a female from the Nahas family was martyred as a result of the shelling.
4) Qastal Al Mushut: a 9-year-old child from the Nahas family was martyred as a result of the shelling.
5) Al Firdous: Khalid Al Eisa was martyred as a result of the artillery shelling:
6) Al Amariyeh: the remains of a female unidentified martyr was found in a house:
7) Aleppo: Doctor Safee Al Badawee was killed by Assad battalion’s gunfire while he was passing a checkpoint in his car on the outskirts of the city.
* Also documented:
-Bustan Al Qasr: engineer Ahmad Latouf Bin Muhammad, 29 years, died from shrapnel wounds he had received in the district on 12/10/2012.
1) Al Furqan: Assad militia blocked off roads and launched a large campaign of arrests in the late afternoon.
1) Old Aleppo: fire spread in Al Sijjaad market.
2) Al Kallaseh & Bustan Al Qasr: electricity continues to be cut-off in both districts for the 6th day in a row.
3) Halab Al Jadideh [New Aleppo]: reports that the area around Al Sheikh Omar mosque was besieged by pick-up cars equipped with machine guns, alongside snipers and a hundred regime soldiers.
4) Al Sikaree: a bread crisis in the district:
5) The story of a poor family from Aleppo:
• Delayed videos and news:
1) Old Aleppo: destruction of Azhaar Tishreen nursery 19/10/2012:
2) Al Sha’ar: a shell fell on paramedics in a massacre in Al Sha’ar 17/10/2012:
3) Old Aleppo - Aleppo citadel: the regime army shelled Aleppo citadel 19/10/2012:
4) Aleppo suburbs - Manbej: funeral procession for martyr Ali Mahmoud Al Ali 19/10/2012:
5) Aleppo suburbs - Kafar Naya: warplanes shelling of a factory 19/10/2012:
6) Aleppo suburbs - Tel Rif’at: violent shelling of the town yesterday evening 19/10/2012:
7) Aleppo suburbs - Manbej: an emotional speech about Abdul Muhaiman Al Ta’ee 19/10/2012:
8) Bustan Al Qasr: a child critically injured as a result of the artillery shelling:
9) Aleppo suburbs - Ikhtarein: demonstration from Friday 19/10/2012: