Wednesday, October 17, 2012
17/10/2012 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 17/10/2012 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 17/10/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 1
Number of martyrs: 17
Number of demonstrations: 2
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 4
Number of shelled places: 17
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 2
Number of defections: 1
1) Wounded and injured:
* Al Sha’ar: Noor al Shuhada mosque was targeted during Asr prayers where an exploding barrel was released onto the mosque resulting in the fall of tens of wounded civilians, in addition to large scale destruction of the mosque, it was also reported that the regime re-shelled the area during the civilians attempts at rescuing the corpses of martyrs and injured civilians trapped from under the rubble from the first shelling.
* Al Firdaws: Injured civilians resulting from the shelling of the neighbourhood.
* Bani Zeid: Injured civilians, mostly children, resulting from the shelling.
* Tadef: Two injured civilians fell resulting from the shelling this morning.
* Al Bab- Soosyan village: Reports of injured civilians resulting from the regimes use of heavy machine guns.
* Al Bab- Sha’aleh village: Injured resulting from the shelling of the village.
2) Bustan Al Basha: Effects of destruction that affected the streets and buildings of the neighbourhood.
3) Al Sakhour: A home was burned down resulting from artillery shelling.
4) Al Sha’ar: Injured civilians in Noor al Shuhada mosque.
Large destruction in Noor al Shuhada mosque resulting from the shelling using barrels.
5) Al Sha’ar: Retrieval of corpses from under the rubble.
6) Tadef: Destruction in the Cultural centre resulting from the exploding barrel shelling.
7) Tadef: Effects of destruction of homes.
8) Deir Hafer: A car was exposed to shelling by warplanes in Al Hboob centre.
9) Al Bab: Effects of warplane shelling using exploding barrels released onto the educational complex.
Dark clouds above the area resulting from warplane bombing of the educational complex.
10) Al Bab: A civilian car was targeted by warplane shelling.
11) Halab Al Qadeemeh (Old Aleppo): Effects of destruction in the markets of Old Aleppo.
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Aleppo suburbs - Al Safira: sounds of explosions from an unknown source were heard in the city.
2) Western Aleppo suburbs: clashes between the regime army an the Free Syrian Army around Regiment 46, Al Zira’ah school and the police school.
3) Al Leiramoun: heavy gunfire from snipers stationed on rooftops in Jam’iyet Al Zahraa’, which overlooks the district.
4) Al Neirab: a real war occurred in the late afternoon on the outskirts of the district, where weapons from tanks, anti-aircraft machine guns, doushkas and helicopters were used.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1) Al Sha’ar: artillery shelling in the morning, which was renewed in the late afternoon, from warplanes:
http://youtu.be/2dwy4a8Gr4k-Noor Al Shuhadaa’ mosque was shelled:
2) Al Sakhour: artillery shelling of the district in the morning. Warplanes renewed shelling in the late afternoon:
3) Al Heidariyeh: 4 shells fell on Street 30 in the district. Warplanes shelled in the late afternoon:
4) Al Firdous: artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
5) Al Neirab: tank and heavy machine gun shelling of the western outskirts of the district in the later afternoon, from Souq Al Baqr checkpoint and Al Neirab military airport.
6) Bani Zaid: artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
7) Al Ma’adee: artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
8) Al Aseeleh: artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
* Shelling of Aleppo suburbs:
9) Bayanoun: artillery shelling in the early hours of dawn.
10) Al Bab: warplane shelling at exactly 7am, which was renewed in the afternoon. The postal building and the national hospital were targeted:
http://youtu.be/zYk72ELIOsI-Moment the educational complex was targeted by TNT barrels:
11) Tadef: warplanes shelled using TNT barrels, machine guns and rockets at exactly 7am, which continued up until the afternoon.
12) Al Atareb: shelling in the morning. Columns of smoke rose after the shelling of the districts of the city:
13) Al Bab - Sousayan village: heavy machine gun shelling of the village.
14) Al Bab - Sha’aleh village: shelling of the affluent in the late afternoon.
15) Qubtan Al Jabal: violent artillery shelling from Al Sheikh Suleiman in the evening.
16) Bashkawee: warplanes pounded the city using heavy machine guns in the evening.
17) Azaaz: shelling from Manegh military airport in the evening.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was used:
1) Al Atareb: Flight of warplanes above the city during the morning.
2) Northern Aleppo suburbs: Flight of warplanes above northern Aleppo suburbs during the evening.
1) Al Hamdanieh: Martyr Abd AlGhani Khudur, his corpse was found on Aleppo- Damascus highway, after he was kidnapped almost ten days ago, he has five children.
2-14) Al Sha’ar: Martyrs resulting from the fall of an exploding barrel onto Noor Al shuhada mosque.
15) Al Firdaws: Child martyr.
16) Tadef: Pregnant martyr from Al ‘Askaree family, 22 years old, resulting from barrel shelling this morning.
17) Al Atareb: Martyr Abdo ‘Aessa Obeid.
1) Aleppo university: university student Hussain Al Alawee was arrested on Sunday 07/10/2012. His father was also arrested when the security branch asked about him, and they remain, up until now, in detention. It should be noted that the young man is from southern Aleppo suburbs in Tel Hadya.
• Demonstrations in Aleppo city:
1) Al Ashrafiyeh: demonstration in the late afternoon in solidarity with the stricken cities, demanding the fall of the regime:
• Demonstrations in Aleppo suburbs:
1) Manbej: funeral prayers for martyr Mustafa Al Hanifi:
1) Aleppo: the coverage for MTN was cut off to some areas of Aleppo.
2) Al Maghayer: continued cut-off of electricity for the third day in a row.
3) The youth housing area [Masakin Al Sha’biya]: continued cut-off of electricity for the third day in a row.
4) Al Kallaseh: continued cut-off of electricity for the third day in a row.
• Delayed videos and news:
1) Al Sakhour: Effects of violent shelling onto the Al Thura bakery in the neighbourhood on 16/10/2012.
2) Bustan Al Basha: Explosion of water pipelines in the neighbourhood, resulting from indiscriminate shelling on 16/10/2012.
3) Al Mashatiya: moment a shell fell on the district: