Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 07/10/2012 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 07/10/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 22
Number of demonstrations: 2
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 3
Number of shelled places: 18
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 0
Number of defections: 5
1) Injured and wounded:
• Aleppo suburbs - Manbej: a child wounded by a shell fragment:
-A clip of a casualty who was injured by the shelling:
2) Aleppo suburbs - Manbej: the warplane shelling caused the destruction of 3 coaches:
3) Aleppo suburbs - Injareh: impact of the destruction:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Aleppo- Al Furqan: Violent clashes in the neighbourhood during the morning.
2) Aleppo- Al Sabeel: The sound of gunfire can be heard amongst the crowds of pedestrians in the neighbourhood.
3) Aleppo- Aghyoor: Violent clashes in the neighbourhood.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1) Al Kallaseh: dawn - the Assad regime shelled the district using artillery. No information has been received regarding losses and casualties.
2) Al Sakhour: Assad’s warplanes shelled the roundabout and the petrol station in Al Sakhour using heavy machine guns, amid clashes between the Free Syrian Army and Assad militias:
3) Al Qaterjee: warplanes targeted the eastern garage and an iron warehouse at 9.30am, which lead to great destruction of the 2 buildings.
4) Al Furqan: sounds of explosions were continuous since the morning, in conjunction with sounds of sporadic gunfire.
5) Bab Al Hadeed: warplanes shelled around the citadel and the areas of Old Aleppo.
6) Jab Al Qabeh: warplanes shelled around the citadel and the areas of Old Aleppo.
7) Al Milih sqaure: warplanes shelled around the citadel and the areas of Old Aleppo.
8) Al Intharat - the youth housing area: 2 shells fell in the district, which lead to a power outage.
9) Aqyool: Assad militia shelled from tanks stationed in Maysaloun, amid clashes on the outskirts of the district.
10) Qastal Al Haramee: tank and artillery shelling of the district.
11) Suleiman Al Halabi: warpalne shelling of the district.
12) Jisr Al Neirab: warplane shelling of Jisr Al Neirab and the surrounding areas.
* Shelling of Aleppo suburbs:
13) Al Bab: warplane shelling of the city.
14) Baza’ah: warplane shelling of the town.
15) Deir Hafer: Assad’s warplanes shelled the city.
16) Manbej: warplanes shelled the city.
17) Azaaz: warplanes flew overhead and indiscriminately shelled the city:
18) Injareh: warplanes shelled using explosive TNT barrels. Large, black clouds of smoke covered the town:
1) Martyr Ibrahim Omar Jamrak, 28 years old, has two girls, killed during clashes in Hanano.
2) Al ‘Amrieh: Martyr Mohammad Waleed Marayya, sniped in the neighbourhood during the clashes.
3) Unidentified child martyr, killed resulting from shelling of the neighbourhood, this is what has been received from the field hospital.
4) Menbej: 9 unidentified martyrs killed resulting from the shelling of three travelling coaches.
5) Dabeq: Martyr Mohammad Mustafa ‘Iz AlDeen, suffering from sniper wounds inflicted upon him around Aleppo citadel two days ago.
6) Tal Rif’at: Martyr Kamel Dirbas, killed during clashes in Hanano.
7) Sreen: Martyr Muhab Abd Al Raheem Al Hamd, an FSA unit, killed during clashes in Aleppo.
8) Menbej: Mohammad Al Mu’ajjal, killed when warplanes targeted coaches filled with civilians on the highway.
9) Menbej: Martyr Khalaf Al Jarkass, killed when warplanes targeted coaches filled with civilians on the highway.
10) Menbej: Martyr Mohammad Al Majd, killed when warplanes targeted coaches filled with civilians on the highway.
11) Menbej: Child martyr, 12 years old, , killed when warplanes targeted coaches filled with civilians on the highway.
12) Menbej: Unidentified 16 year old martyr, killed when warplanes targeted coaches filled with civilians on the highway.
13) Menbej: Unidentified young male martyr, killed when warplanes targeted coaches filled with civilians on the highway.
14) Al Sakhour: Martyr Yaseen Jameel Hammam, sniped at Al Sakhour roundabout.
* Also documented:
• Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan: Adein Abras was martyred as a result of the artillery shelling 06/10/2012:
• Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan: Muhammad Samah Na’naa’a was martyred as a result of the artillery shelling 06/10/2012:
1) Al Maghayyer: A demonstration took off after Asr prayers from Al Maghayyer mosque filling the streets of the neighbourhood, chanting to topple the regime.
2) Mare’: Funeral procession of the youth martyr Ahmad Mustafa AlSam’ou.
1) Aleppo suburbs - Tel Rif’at: prayers for the martyr Kamel Darbas: