Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 28/09/2012
Friday of ‘Unification of FSA battalions’.
• Summary for 28/09/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 37, including a martyr from Idlib suburbs.
Number of demonstrations: 31
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 6
Number of shelled places: 27
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 5
Number of defections: 1
* Aleppo : footage showing a child wounded by a mortar shell 22/08/2012
* Three survivors were saved by the FSA from a summary execution, where Assad’s forces targeted 25 people in Halab Al Jadedah [New Aleppo]. 2 young men give their witness accounts:
1) Bustan Al Basha: impact of the destruction:
2) Al Marjeh: impact of the aerial shelling since dawn:
3) Al Ma’adee: Omar Bin Abdul Azeez hospital was targeted by TNT barrels:
-Complete picture after a TNT barrel was dropped on the hospital and on one of the historic sites:
-A TNT barrel fell on a historic site:
-Destruction caused by the warplane shelling, where TNT barrels were dropped:
4) Al Sikaree: impact of the destruction due to Assad’s shelling:
5) Saif Al Dowleh: impact of the destruction due to the shelling:
6) Azaaz: impact of the warplane shelling and bodies being recovered from under the rubble:
7) Bustan Al Basha: devastation caused by the shelling:
8) Aleppo: impact of the destruction to a church after Assad’s shelling:
9) Al Marjeh: impact of the aerial shelling from dawn:
10) Bustan Al Qasr: impact of the devastation caused by the shelling:
11) Aleppo Suburbs – Al Bab: impact of the warplane shelling of civilian houses:
12) Impact of the destruction of a church after Assad’s shelling:
13) Arqoub: impact of the destruction due to Assad’s shelling:
14) Salah Al Deen: impact of the destruction due to Assad’s shelling:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Al Sheikh Maqsoud: clashes between the Free Syria Army and Assad forces in the morning.
2) The districts of Old Aleppo: violent clashes near Al Umawee mosque, where a BMB vehicle was exploded at Khan Al Wa’our.
3) Al Itha’ah: violent clashes:
4) Salah Al Deen: violent clashes between the Free Syria Army and the regime army, and sounds of explosions shook the district.
5) Suleiman Al Halabi: violent clashes:
6) Al Hamdaniyeh: violent and continuous clashes since 3pm, which continued up until around 5pm.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
*Shelling of the eastern districts and smoke rising:
*Elevated footage showing the shelling of the outskirts of Aleppo citadel:
-Columns of smoke rising next to Aleppo citadel:
*Smoke rising from Bab Antakee area:
1) Al Hellok: heavy artillery shelling of Ba’eideen market and Freedom Square since dawn:
-Evening: 2 shells fell a bit ago. No human losses were reported.
-Night: violent shelling targeted the district, with the fall of over 8 shells.
2) Al Sakhour: artillery shelling at a rate of 6 shells every minute, in conjunction with the call to dawn prayer.
-Evening: violent tank and artillery shelling.
-Night: renewed artillery shelling that targeted Al Tawabeen Al Tahtanee mosque
3) Bustan Al Qasr: warplanes shelled during the early hours of the morning.
-Afternoon: jets flew overhead and attempted to target freedom-callers:
4) Al Kallaseh: warplanes shelled during the early hours of the morning.
-Evening: smoke filling the sky as a result of the shelling:
-Shelling, clashes and smoke rising:
5) Al Ma’adee: Assad militia shelled Al Istiqlal school using explosive TNT barrels.
6) Al Neirab: before the afternoon - rocket and mortar shelling from Aleppo airport, which lead to only material damage.
7) Jab Al Qabbeh: artillery shelling.
8) Al Itha’ah: violent tank shelling.
9) Al Jaloum: fall of a number of shells, resulting in a number of casualties.
10) Al Sikaree: violent shelling of the neighbourhood.
11) Karam Al Jabal: violent shelling since the early hours of dawn, and the destruction of a number of houses in Al Burghol road.
12) Al Sha’ar: warplanes dropped shelling on the park in front of Al Sayida Zahra’ hospital, causing the martyrdom of 2 children and injuring 5 people.
13) Suleiman Al-Halabi: residential building was burnt due to the shelling:
-Heavy tank shelling of district:
14) Halab Al-Qadeema – Old Aleppo: reports that the archeological markets ( Khaish and Mjeddeiah markets ) were shelled by warplane.
15) Al Midan: a mortar shell fell on a residential building due to shelling by Assad's forces:
* Shelling of Aleppo suburbs:
16) Ratyan: before dawn - artillery shelling of the town. No reports of losses.
17) Bayanoun: before dawn - artillery shelling.
-The youngest Syrian child documentor in Bayanoun:
18) Al Jeineh: before dawn - a shell fell from Regiment 46 onto the town.
19) Anadan: before dawn - artillery shelling of the town. No casualties or damage have been reported thus far.
20) Tel Rifa’t: helicopter firing onto the city this morning using heavy machine guns.
21) Deir Jamal: helicopter and warplane shelling of the outskirts of the city since the early hours of the morning.
22) Al Bab: warplane shelling of the city using heavy machine guns.
23) Halisah: warplane shelling of Halisah, which lies east of the Infantry School.
24) Karam Al Jabal: violent shelling since dawn time, a number of houses were destroyed Al Burghol street.
25) Kaljibreen: violent heavy machine gun shelling of Kaljibreen from warplanes.
26) Tadef: warplanes shelling using heavy machine guns. No victims were reported.
27) Azaaz: warplane flying overhead and violently shelling since the early hours of dawn
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was used ‘tanks/ armoured vehicles:
1) Aleppo suburbs - Al Atareb: warplanes flying overhead the city.
2) Orem Al Kubra: warplanes flying overhead the city.
3) Al Rashideen: crowds of Assad army forces were at the end of Al Rashideen, from the direction of Al Mansourah, consisting of soldiers and tanks.
4) Bustan Al Qasr: : warplanes flying overhead the district try to target revolutionaries:
5) Halab al Qadeema – Old Aleppo: warplanes flying overhead the district:
1) Al Kallaseh: mother Randa Khaseem, 40 years, was killed when a shell fell on her family home.
2) Al Kallaseh: Hassan Fakhouree Bin Randa, 18 years, was killed when a shell fell on the family home.
3) Al Kallaseh: child Rayan Fakhouree Bint Randa, 15 years, was killed when a shell fell on the family home.
4) Al Kallaseh: child Anas Fakhouree Bin Randa, 6 years, was killed when a shell fell on the family home.
5) Al Kallaseh: unidentified martyr who was killed from the shelling.
6-9) Al Neirab: 4 martyrs fell from the shelling of the camp.
10) Jab Al Qabbeh: Iz-ud-Deen Hisham, killed by snipers in Aleppo citadel. He was martyred near Jab Qarman mosque.
11) Al Sha’ar: child martyr Youssef Ma’rawi, 11 years old, killed from a shell that fell onto the park outside Al Sayideh Al Zahra hospital.
12) Al Sha’ar: child martyr, 12 years old, whose identity has not yet been confirmed, was from a shell that fell onto the park outside Al Sayideh Al Zahra hospital.
13) Al Marjeh: Martyr Abd AlMajeed Al Shaghel, martyred as a result of the continuous shelling of the neighbourhood.
14) Idlib suburbs/Bani Zaid: Ahmad Diab Aby Omar, 42 years with 6 children, was killed during clashes in Bustan Al Basha and Al Midan by a bullet in the heart. He was from Idlib suburbs.
15) Al Ansaree: child Israa’ Al Hassan, died from wounds she had sustauned from gunfire. Her mother was also martyred by Assad militias.
16) Dahr Awad: Hayaa’ Al Ali, killed from the shelling.
17-18) Al Itha’ah: 2 civilian bodies were found in a building near Al Rasheed mosque.
19) Aleppo suburbs - Manbej: child Reem Abdul Baser Al Shamee was recovered from under the rubble 18/09/2012 and died today from the wounds she had sustained.
20) Aleppo suburbs - Manbej: female Wahida Tayara, killed from the shelling of Al Sikaree in Aleppo:
21) Aleppo suburbs - Al Safirah/Salah Al deen: Martyr Rakan And Allah Al Youssef, an FSA soldier, martyred during battle in Salah Al Deen.
22) Aleppo suburbs - Al Ibzamo: female Deiba Abdullah Al Saleh, killed from the warplane shelling.
23) Aleppo suburbs - Azaaz: Muhammad Subhi Shahoud, 63 years, killed from the warplane shelling.
24) Aleppo suburbs - Azaaz: female Amal Hafer, 50 years, killed from the MiG shelling.
25) Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: female Wi’am Muhammad Shahoud, 25 years, killed from the MiG shelling.
26) Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: female Israa’ Muhammad Shahoud, 22 years, killed from the MiG shelling.
27) Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: child Saleh Muhammad Ba’aj, 5 years, killed from the MiG shelling.
28-33) Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: 6 unidentified martyrs were killed from theMiG shelling.
-Video of one of the martyrs:
34. Hama suburbs - Al Tamana’ah/Qastal Haramee: Abdul Qader Haj Mousa, killed during clashes in Qastal Haramee in Aleppo.
* Also documented:
-Aleppo: Yaman Ibrahim, a law student at the university of Aleppo, was killed yesterday.
-Aleppo suburbs - Al Zayadiya: Abdul Majeed Al Ali, 37 years, was one of those executed in Al Mazra’ah village near Homs.
-Aleppo: 25 people summarily executed with gunfire in Al Rasheed area of New Aleppo. The Free Syria Army was able to rescue 3 of them yesterday.
-Video of 2 young men survivors:
1) Aleppo- Al Sikaree: Defection of the Recruiter Mohammad Bannan.
1) Al Firdous: Many demonstrations took off from a number of mosques in the neighbourhood in support of Aleppo and uprising and besieged cities in Friday of ‘Unification of FSA battalions’.
2) Tareeq Al Bab: Demonstration from Fajr Al Islam mosque.
3) Bustan Al Qasr: Demonstration took off from Badr mosque chanting to topple the regime
-Chants for the besieged Salah Al Deen:
-New and great Aleppine songs:
-Children of Bustan Al Qasr are the heros of the demonstration:
-Freedom-callers from Al Maghayer and Bustan Al Qasr joined:
4) Al Qaterjee: Demonstration from Al Qaterjee mosque despite the shelling that the area was exposed to chanting to topple the regime and for the unification of the FSA battalions.
-Freedom callers from Al Qaterjee joined with those from Al Mayassar in Al Thuwwar road in Al Mayassar:
5) Al Sikaree: demonstration in the afternoon from Owis Al Qarnee mosque, under the protection of the Free Syria Army:
6) Al Sha’ar:
7) Qadee ‘Askar: Demonstration took off from Agha mosque and Qadee ‘Askar mosque chanting for the unification of the FSA and for a no-fly zone.
8) Al Maghayer youth housing: large demonstration from Abu Huraira mosque that joined Al Maghayer, the youth housing area and Al Qamar roundabout, reading up tp Bustan Al Qasr, where it joined in a great celebration:
-Freedom-callers from Al Maghayer and Bustan Al Qasr joining:
9) Al Mayassar: Large demonstration in the neighbourhood.
-Freedom-callers from Al Qaterjee ad Al Mayassar joined in Al Thawra road in Al Mayassar:
10) Al Zabadiyeh: Demonstration took off from Al Batoul mosque.
Reported demonstrations with no video footage: Al Ashrafieh, Al Ma’adee, Eastern Al Ansari, Bab Qansareen, Halab Al Jdeedeh [New Aleppo], Masakin Hanano.
• Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Demonstrations in Aleppo suburbs:
1) Batabo: demonstration from Musa Bin Naseer mosque.
2) Baza’ah: Demonstration from outside the big mosque condemning the massacres and saluting the FSA.
3) Taqad: Demonstration chanting for the unification of the FSA battalions and staying away from personal glory:
4) Manbej: demonstration after Friday prayers in the martyr Muhammad Noor square:
-Raising great banners:
-Funeral procession for martyr Wahida Tayara:
5) Ein Al ‘Arab:
6) Al Atareb:
8) Al Sheikh Reeh village: Demonstration chanting to topple the regime.
9) Al Ibzamo: Demonstration chanting for the unification of the FSA battalions and to topple the regime.
Reported demonstrations with no video footage: Anadan, Jarablus.