Sunday, September 16, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 16/09/2012
• Summary for 16/09/2012:
Number of arrests: 2
Number of martyrs: 42, including 1 from Al Saqei’ah, Sanjar, in Idlib suburbs.
Number of protests: 2
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 7
Number of shelled places: 22
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 4
Number of defections: 0
1. Al Maghayer: Ahmad Bin Mustafa Sandeh, 24 years with a 2-month old baby girl, was killed from the warplane shelling on the cultural centre in the district at 7.30am.
2-3. Al Maghayer: 2 unidentified young men were martyred alongside Ahmad Sandeh.
4. Al Sikaree: Abdul Azeez Houree, head of the Omar Bin Abdul Azeez group. He was martyred by sniper gunfire in the chest:
5. Aleppo: hero Yosuef Ahmad Deib, 20 years, editor for the ‘Liwa’ Al Fateh’ newspaper was killed due to the warplane shelling while he was printed 3 newspapers. It should be noted that he was one of the first media activists in Aleppo city:
*Al Sha’ar: a new massacre was committed by Assad militias from the warplane shelling on the street behind Al Shifaa’ hospital in Al Sha’ar. A number of buildings were targeted and bodies were under the rubble. The number of martyrs is momentarily estimated at around 11, alongside around 50 casualties.
-Names that have been received:
6. Hassan Abdul Fattah Bustanee, 29 years.
7. Muhammad Natheer Omar Ako, born in 1969.
8. A female child who was turned into body pieces.
9. A young man who remains unidentified.
10-16. 7 others whose names have not yet been received, who were turned into body parts due to the warplane shelling:
-Martyrs and casualties from the shelling:
17. Al Arqoub: hero Mahmoud Al Faraj, a defected military who joined the Martyrs of 1980 battalion, was martyred at Al Arqoub roundabout in the late afternoon.
18. Al Arqoub: hero Ibrahim Al Ali, who was part of the Martyrs of 1980 battalion, was martyred at Al Arqoub roundabout in the late afternoon:
19. Karam Al Jabal: hero Ibrahim Kareem, killed during clashes in Al Arqoub in Aleppo:
20. Masakin Hanano: Ahmad Kulthoom, 22 years, killed from the shelling.
21. Al Akramiyeh: Ayman Rajo Amr, 26 years, died from a shrapnel wound in his head, when a shell fell in the district, behind a small grocery kiosk and near the bakery.
22. Bab Al Nasr: Anas Jarkas, killed by snipers at Al Hazazeh checkpoint in the district.
23. Al A’thamiyeh: Abdul Majeed Salameh, killed from the shelling yesterday.
24. Al Neirab: Mahmoud Isma’eel Al Junaid Abouras, 55 years, killed in Al Midan while he was going to check up on his house there.
25. Bustan Al Qasr: Muhammad Sharqee Adna, was killed in Al Zabadiyeh by snipers:
*Al Firdous: dozens of casualties and 5 martyrs were documented as a result of the artillery shelling at Al Asfaree chicken shop:
26. Ahmad Muhammad Bakaree, 24 years.
27. Alaa’ Muhammad Eid, 28 years.
28. Ahmad Qarmouz, 53 years.
29. Ali Omar Aboud, 22 years.
30. Unidentified martyr.
-Video of a martyr whose body was mutilated from the shelling:
31. Al Kallaseh: Ahmad Meirah, 27 years with a child, was killed from the shelling.
32. Al Kallaseh: Kamel Abu Kaloun, 22 years, was with Ahmad Meirah during the shelling and was martyred alongside him.
33. Rural Aleppo - Anadan/Al Sikaree: Ahmad Al Bayounee, from Anadan, was killed from the shelling in Al Sikaree in Aleppo.
34. Rural Aleppo - Al Wadeihee village/Al Sikaree: Qasem Al Faraj, from Al Wadeihee, was killed from the shelling in Al Sikaree in Aleppo.
35- Rural Aleppo- Daret ‘Izzeh: Martyr Mohammad Mahmoud Abdeen, suffering from wounds inflicted upon him as a result of yesterdays shelling on Daret ‘Izzeh.
36- Rural Aleppo- Daret ‘Izzeh: Martyr Amal Kno, wife of Mahmoud Abdeen, mother of the four child martyrs who died yesterday as a result of shelling onto Daret ‘Izzeh.
37- Rural Aleppo- Al Safirah: Martyr ‘Ala’ Ismail AlHammad, martyred as a result of artillery shelling onto the town.
38- Rural Aleppo- Al Safirah: Martyr Hassoun Ismail AlHammad, martyred as a result of artillery shelling onto the town.
39- Rural Aleppo- Al Safirah: Martyr Basem Ismail AlHammad, martyred as a result of artillery shelling onto the town.
40- Rural Aleppo- Al Safirah: Martyr ‘Amer Hassan AlHamdo, martyred as a result of artillery shelling onto the town.
41- Rural Aleppo- Al Safirah: Martyr Ismail Al Ibrahim Al’Amr, martyred as a result of artillery shelling onto the town.
42. Idlib - Sanjar - Al Saqei’ah: Khader Thamer Al Jadou’, killed during a battle in Aleppo. He was from Al Sqaei’ah in Idlib suburbs:
*Also documented: child Mohammad Abdo Khateeb, killed in Al Sheikh Fares on Saturday:
-Rural Aleppo - Manbej: the body of Ibrahim Ali Ahmad was found in Hanano barracks. He was a military from Manbej city and was arrested 11 months ago on Palmyra prison. He was transported to the military court in Aleppo and was charged with attempting to defect. He was found dead in Hanano barracks while it was being liberated.
1. Injured and wounded:
•Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: the state of patients after the field hospital they were in was shelled on top of them:
•Al Sha’ar: warplane shelling of the street behind the hospital in Al Sha’ar that targeted a number of buildings. Bodies are under the rubble, and the number of martyrs is estimated to be around 11, alongside around 50 casualties:
•Al Firdous: Four people were seriously injured, along with tens of civilian injuries as a result of violent shelling that targeted the neighbourhood today.
2. Tareeq Al Bab: impact of the indiscriminate shelling:
-Shelling of Al Kafah school:
3. Al Mayassar: civilians woke up to destruction throughout the neighbourhood:
4. Bustan Al Qasr: impact of an artillery shell:
5. Al Sha’ar: Impact of the shelling on Street 15 today:
- A strong message from the owner of a destructed shop to Bashar Al Assad:
6- Salah Al Deen: Effects of destruction caused by Assad gangs:
7- Al ‘Itha’a: Destruction of a section from a four floor building and sections of al Rasheed mosque.
8- Masaken Hanano: Complete cut-off of electricity from the entire neighbourhood, the cause behind this is unknown.
9- Aleppo- Electricity is cut off from Ba’ideen, Al Hillok, ‘Ain Al Tal, Al Haidarieh, Bustan Al Basha and Sheikh Fares.
10- Complete cut-off of electricity from Halab AlJadideh and Al Zahra’, the sounds of heavy explosions can be heard, the electricity returned shortly after.
11. Rural Aleppo - Maskaneh: an Assad jet plane shell that did not explode:
12. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: shelling of the civic council:
-And the court:
-And the field hospital:
-One of the field hospital doctors after the warplane shelling:
13. Rural Aleppo - Bayanoun: impact of the shelling of civillian houses and farms:
14. Rural Aleppo - Batano: impact of the helicopter shelling:
• Cases of gunfire:
1. Al Hamdanieyh: violent clashes and sounds of heavy gunfire in the 4th district.
2. Jam’iyet Al Zahra’: violent clashes around the artillery stationed in the area.
3. Al Leiramoun: violent clashes around Al Leiramoun checkpoint.
4. New Aleppo: violent clashes at Al Buhooth artillery.
5. Al Midan: violent clashes for 2 hours up until midnight in Al Midan and Bustan Al Basha.
6. Bustan Al Basha: violent clashes for 2 hours up until midnight in Al Midan and Bustan Al Basha.
7. Al Jamiliyeh: clashes and gunfire in the military court at midnight.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1. Tareeq Al Bab: dawn - heavy machine gun shelling:
2. Al Zabadiyeh: violent shelling.
3. Al Sakhour: warplane shelling.
-Violent shelling in the afternoon.
-Night: artillery shelling and the fall of shells near the bakery the the Villas area.
4. Qadee Askar: shelling from tanks stationed at the citadel.
5. Al Sha’ar: warplanes dropped TNT barrels on the district:
-A new massacre was committed by Assad militias from the warplane shelling on the street behind Al Shifaa’ hospital in Al Sha’ar. A number of buildings were targeted and bodies were under the rubble. The number of martyrs is momentarily estimated at around 11, alongside around 50 casualties.
-Directly after a TNT barrel was dropped and the impact of the destruction:
6. Nazlet Al Handaseh: a shell fell on a house at the end of Nazlet Al Handaseh. Only material damage was caused.
7. Al Heidariyeh: a tank shell fell on the district. No losses or casualties have been reported thus far.
8. Masakin Hanano: warplanes flying overhead the eastern districts renew shelling.
9. Bustan Al Qasr: warplane shelling:
10. Al Kallaseh: shelling that caused, in initial counts, the fall of 3 martyrs and a number of casualties.
11. Al Firdous: artillery shelling and the fall of a number of civilian martyrs, and a great number of casualties.
12. Al Muwasalat: artillery shelling from Assad militias.
13. Bab Al Hadeed: shelling of the area, causing a fire in the building at midnight.
14. Saif Al Dowleh: violent artillery shelling.
*Shelling of Aleppo suburbs-
15. Al Tawameh: helicopter and warplane shelling using heavy machine guns on the town and surrounding villages.
16. Al Bab: moment a TNT explosive barrel was dropped:
-Moment the field hospital was shelled, which modestly treats casualties:
-Aerial shelling from warplanes using rockets and machine guns, targeting the foothill of Al Sheikh Aqeel mountain [jabal.]
-Evening: renewed warplane shelling of the city using heavy machine guns and explosive TNT barrels.
17. Daret ‘Izeh: warplane and helicopter shelling of the city in western Aleppo suburbs.
18. Al Zarbeh: 3 shells fell on the farmland of Al Kammaree village, part of Al Zarbeh in the southern suburbs, which lead to a great outbreak of fire in the farmlands.
19. Qubtan Al Jabal: severe and continuous shelling using heavy artillery and rocket launchers from Jam’iyet Al Zahra’, the 46th regiment and Al Sheikh Suleiman artillery.
-Warplanes shell the town and remain overhead.
20. Al Safeirah: warplane and artillery shelling east of the city. A number of martyrs fell from the violent shelling.
21. Hreitan: indiscriminate shelling by warplanes.
22. Hayyan: after midnight - sounds of explosions shook the town due to the warplane shelling. Civilians are in a state of great fear.
-Al Firdous: a martyr fell from the fall of a shell on a taxi. Others fell during filming:
• Number of times heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: warplanes flying overhead.
2. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: warplanes flying overhead Al Bab and Hayyan.
3. Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: warplanes flying overhead Al Bab and Hayyan.
4. Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: warplanes flying overhead indiscriminate shell the city.
1-2. Al Heidariyeh: security forces arrested 2 young men in the morning from Al Heidariyeh in an unliberated district. The first is 30 years old and the second is 35, and they were taken for service with the regime army.
• Demonstrations in Aleppo city:
1- Masaken Hanano: Funeral procession for the martyr Ahmad Kalthoum took off, 22 year old martyr, procession took off from Omar Bin AlKhattab mosque in the neighbourhood.
1- Rural Aleppo- Menbej: A large evening demonstration took off, chanting for the uprising cities and to topple the regime.
1- Rural Aleppo- Akhtarein: The independence flag was raised in the sky of the area.
• Delayed videos and news:
1- Bustan Al Qasr: From the demonstrations of ‘Friday Idlib is the graveyard of warplanes and a symbol of victory’.
By the young Qashoosh:
2- Al Firdous: A demonstration consisting of about 15 young teenagers and children in defiance of the shelling, on saturday.