Report on the Province of Aleppo and its surroundings 10/09/2012
Summary for 10/09/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 50 martyrs, including a martyr originally from Deir Ezzor, and another from Taftanaz in Idlib suburbs.
Number of protests: 4
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 1
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 4
Number of shelled places: 26
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 3
Number of defections: 1
1. Masakin Hanano: female Laqa’ Abdul Rahman, 35 years, killed from the shelling.
2. Maskain Hanano: Ahmad Haj Suleiman, 35 years. His body was recovered today from under the rubble of a building that was shelled yesterday.
3-5. Qadee Askar: 3 martyrs fell when a mosque collapsed at Al Hawooth roundabout, after it was shelled by warpanes when worshipers were coming out of dawn prayers.
-One of the martyrs:
6. Al Mayassar: child who was killed from the artillery shelling in Al Sultan street:
7-8. Al Mayassar - Karam Al Tahan: a child of around 9 years and a young man were martyred when a shell fell on a building near Karam Al Tahan mosque.
9. Bab Al Hadeed: Abdul Baset Yaseen, a hero of the Free Syria Army, was killed today near Hanano barracks.
-Funeral prayers in Hoor village:
-Burying the martyr:
10. Bab Al Hadeed: brother Basim Yaseen, also killed today near Hanano barracks.
11. Al Midan: Mohammad Mohammad Bakour, 22 years, was killed by Assad militia gunfire.
12. Al Midan: a female martyr fell near Dar Al Ajazeh, killed by snipers in Al Midan. Her body was recovered and she has not yet been identified.
13. Bab Jnein: Husaam Shawa, 38 years, killed by snipers near the traffic branch.
14. Al Ma’adee: child martyr killed by the shelling on Al Dahiriyah historic school yesterday.
15-18. Al Ansaree: 4 martyrs were killed when a shell fell. They remain unidentified.
19. Al Sha’ar: father Majeh Sha’ban was killed during the shelling of the district.
20. Al Sha’ar: child Ahmad Majed Sha’ban, 5 years, was killed during the shelling of the district.
21. Al Sha’ar: wife of Majed Sha’ban, 25 years, was killed during the shelling of the district.
22. Al Sha’ar: child, daughter if Majed Sha’ban, 7 years, was killed during the shelling of the district.
23 Aleppo: Abdul Naser Ahmad Aqeel was killed clashes in Aleppo.
24-26. Al Qaseileh: 3 martyrs were killed at Al Qaseileh roundabout by snipers in the justice palace [Al Qasr Al Adalee.]
27. Bab Al Neirab: Nabeel Al Labed was killed from the shelling on Aqyool. He was a hero of the Hamza Zeidan battalion, part of Ahrar Sooriya brigade.
28. Deir Ezzor/Aleppo: young hero Sa’oud Abdullah Al Sahoo was killed in Aleppo. He was a hero of the Free Syria Army and was martyred while participating in an operation targeting Assad militias there.
29. Idlib - Taftanaz/Air intelligence: Ali Abdul Azeez Rahal, originally from Taftanaz in Idlib suburbs, was killed under torture in the air intelligence [mukhabaraat] prison in Aleppo.
*30-36. Al Sakhour: the following martyrs were documented as a result of the shelling this morning, where houses collapsed on top of their residents. The total number of martyrs is 8. They are-
*Martyrs from the Hameidee family-
-Hameed Ali Hameidee
-His wife Salihah Matar
Casualties also reported from the family.
*Martyrs from the Jaber family-
-Basem Fadeel Jaber
-Fadeel Fadeel Jaber
-Mohammad Fadeel Jaber
-Diyaa’ Fadeel Jaber
*The names of the following martyrs were received from a field hospital in Al Sha’ar:
38. Female Zahra’ Al Dada, killed from the shelling.
39. Hussein Mustafa Sadeeq, killed from the shelling.
40. Mohammad Khayr Hasasn Sweid, killed from the shelling.
41. Samer Mounir Diyab, killed from the shelling.
42. Rural Aleppo - Manegh/Al Sakhour: media activist Abdul Jabbar Dak was killed in Al Sakhour from the shelling, which lead to the complete collapse of a building.
43. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rifa’t: hero Mahmoud omar Mareimini, was killed under torture in the basement of the air intelligence [mukhabaraat] in Aleppo, after suffering for nearly 4 months:
44. Rural Aleppo - Ra’el/Al Midan: freedom-fighter Mohammad Fiyad Suleiman (Abu Abdullah), head of Al Sultan Mohammad Al Fateh battalion, was killed by snipers in Al Midan, near the police station. He was from Ra’el village:
45. Rural Aleppo - Anajareh/Al Tadamun (Damascus): defected lieutenant Yousef Abdul Azeez Talhah was killed in an operation in Damascus in Al Tadamun.
46. Rural Aleppo - Kaljibreen: Hassan Isma’eel died from wounds he had sustained in Turkey. He was injured during the shelling of Sakneh town in Aleppo suburbs.
47. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab/Bab Al Hadeed: engineer Mohammad Wadeh Hisree was killed by snipers in Bab Al Hadeed.
48-50. Salah Al Deen: ithe Assad army executed 3 young men 2 days ago and disposed of their bodies in the park opposite Sa’d Bin Abee Waqes mosque.
-Al Saryan district: child martyr Rawhan Sheiko 10 years was killed yesterday.
-The martyr from Al Itha’ah with a video link, who was documented yesterday as anonymous, has been identified as Abdul Kareem Aqra’, 61 years. He was killed by regime snipers:
*Martyrs from yesterday:
-Al Firdous: Hasasn Hamo, killed from the shelling.
-AL Firdous: a female and her children were martyred yesterday. Their names and numbers have not yet been reached.
*Also documented yesterday were martyrs from Al Sakhour, who were killed on 08/09/2012-
-Sameer Mansour, 36 years, with 2 wives and 9 children, was killed in Al Midan from snipers.
-Ahmad Mohammad Hamadeen, married with 2 children, was from Al Nasr battlalion, part of the Dar’ Al Ummah brigade, was martyred during the liberation battle of Hanano barracks.
-Nader Abdullah Aboud was killed in the Sad Al Lawz massacre on Saturday. He was from Al Sakhour and was previously documented in the massacre.
-Saif Al Dowleh: a taxi driver was martyred by snipers on 06/09/2012. He drove a Saba car, licence number 306846.
-Video of martyr Mohammad Ahmad Beitar, from Daret ‘Izeh, documented 05/08/2012:
-Video of martyr Mohammad Al Ajam, documented 10/08/2012 in Daret ‘Izeh:
-Mohammad Tano, from Daret ‘Izeh, was martyred 08/08/2012, was martyred during clashes in Aleppo:
-Mohammad Mahmoud Al Shater, from Daret ‘Izeh, was martyred 05/08/2012 during clashes in Aleppo:
1. Wounded and injured:
• Qadee ‘Askar: Retrieving the corpse of a martyr from under the rubble.
• Al Sakhour: Succoring of a person who was injured as a result of shelling.
• Rural Aleppo - Al Bab/battle of Aleppo: Mus’ab Al Sheikh, from Abu Bakr As-Sideeq battalion, was injured in battle in Aleppo:
2. Interview with the only surviving child from AlHajjo family.
3. Tareeq Al Bab: a visit to the media office in Tareeq Al Bab in one of the bomb shelters-
-An innocent child speaks of her suffering after her house was destroyed by kerosine that was lit on fire. She complains about the lack of milk for her little sister:
-A woman talks about the difficult living conditions of displaced people inside Tareeq Al Bab in Aleppo:
4. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: an interview with the head of the relief office in Azaaz, who describes the aid situation in the city:
5. Masakin Hanano: impact of the devastation and destruction after the fall of a TNT barrel onto the Sha’bee sooq (market):
-Place where the shell fell:
-Filming the impact of destruction after the shell fell onto the Sha’bee sooq (market):
6. Salah Al Deen: impact of the destruction in the neighbourhood.
7. Qadee ‘Askar: complete destruction in one of the mosques as a result of warplane shelling.
8. Al Sikaree: impact of the shelling on the neighbourhood.
9. Saif Al Dowleh: the driver of a civilian vehicle was sniped.
10. Al Sakhour: destroyed homes in the neighbourhood.
-Shelling of the childrens playground in the neighbourhood.
-Warplanes targeted a car in Al Sakhour:
-Statements by the citizens of Al Sakhour about the shelling:
11. Al Itha’ah: One of the shells that did not explode:
-Smoke rising as a result of shelling:
-Footage from above of the destruction caused by the violent shelling:
-Succoring of a civilian who was injured as a result of shelling:
12. Bustan Al Basha: impact of destruction of the neighbourhood as a result of shelling.
13. Al Zabadiyeh: the extent of destruction in the district due to the indiscriminate shelling:
14. Rural Aleppo- Daret ‘Izzeh: impact of the TNT barrel shelling of Daret ‘Izzeh:
15. Rural Aleppo- ‘Injarah: a citizen describes the shelling of the city on Monday morning:
16. Rural Aleppo- Al Houteh: impact of the heavy artillery shelling:
17. Rural Aleppo- Deir Hafer: impact of the shelling inflicted by Assad warplanes onto Deir Haffer after midnight yesterday, using rockets and for the first time. TNT barrels targeted the animal food centre and the land reclamation company:
• Cases of gunfire:
1- Al ‘Amriyeh: Assad gangs shelled the neighbourhood this morning, in conjunction with the clashes with the FSA.
2- Al ‘Arqoob and Maysaloun: Violent clashes in the area along with gunfire.
3. Al Itha’ah: violent clashes in the district.
4. Saif Al Dowleh: sounds of gunfire and clashes in the district.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
* Aleppo city: Clouds of heavy smoke covering Aleppo:
-Shelling onto the center of the city.
1. Al Hellok: Helicopters shelling the neighbourhood using heavy machine guns.
2. Tareeq Al Bab: morning - very violent artillery shelling on the district.
-Evening: shelling from warplanes on Tareeq Al Bab.
3. Masakin Hanano: the district was targeted by artillery shelling at dawn.
-Moment of shelling part of Hanano:
-Warplanes shelling places adjacent to Masaken Hanano following operations carried out by the FSA.
-TNT barrels were dropped from MiG planes, one of which fell on the Sha’bee market, and another that fell near the police station. No human casualties were reported.
-Heavy smoke as a result of TNT explosive barrels:
-Evening: renewed violent shelling from warplanes.
4. Bustan al Qasr: Indiscriminate shelling onto the neighbourhood.
-The fall of a shell onto a building, which also lead to a complete cut-off of electricity in a big part of the neighbourhood.
-Evening: indiscriminate artillery shelling on the district.
-Night: renewed violent artillery shelling.
5. Al Sakhour: Warplanes shelling Al Sakhour:
-Warplanes shelled in the morning, as usual. A rocket fell on Abu Bakr As-Sideeq mosque, and another at Al Thurah bakery. Material damage was caused.
6. Al Itha’ah: Smoke columns rising as a result of shelling onto the neighbourhood.
7. Al Mayassar: Warplane shelling of Al Mayassar and Qadee ‘Askar roundabout.
8. Qadee ‘Askar: Warplane shelling of Qadee ‘Askar roundabout.
-Night: renewed mortar shelling of the district.
9. Al ‘Arqoob: moment of warplane shelling:
10. Sleiman Al Halabi: Rise of heavy smoke as a result of warplane shelling.
-The district was also targeted by artillery shelling today.
11. Maysaloun: Shelling by Assad gangs resulted in the destruction of commercial shops, as well as hitting Al Ansar mosque and its minaret with a number of shells. Maysaloon mosque was also destroyed, where BMP vehicles and tanks stationed near the mosque wall hit some of the walls.
12. Al Sha’ar: artillery planes targeted the district in the morning.
-Warplanes resumed shelling the district, causing a number of martyrs to fall in the district.
13. Al Amariyeh: Assad militias shelling the district in the morning.
14. Al Ansaree: the district was targeted with shells, which caused the fall of 4 martyrs up until now.
15. bab Al Hadeed: warplane and mortar shelling of the district.
16. Al Zabadiyeh: artillery shelling of the district.
*Shelling of Aleppo suburbs:
17. Rural Aleppo - Anajareh: warplanes targeted the town in the western suburbs in the morning.
18. Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: Assad warplanes shelled Deir Hafer in the morning.
19. Rural Aleppo - Maskaneh: warplanes shelled Thee Qar school, Maskaneh’s principal market and the traffic police headquarters.
20. Rural Aleppo - Ibeen: TNT explosive barrel shelling on the town:
21. Rural Aleppo - Daret ‘Izeh: shelling with mortar and rocket launchers on the city.
22. Rural Aleppo- Al Toumeh: Shelling from the 46th regiment onto the city using rocket launchers and artillery.
23. Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: the most violent artillery shelling from Al Sheikh Suleiman artillery and Jam’iyet Al Zahra’ on the town.
24. Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: warplane shelling of the town.
25. Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: warplanes flew overhead the city at night, in conjunction with violent shelling from artillery. A succession of explosions were heard.
26. Rural Aleppo - Al Khafseh: warplane shelling on the town. A number of casualties were reported.
• Number of times heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Al Sha’ar: warplanes shelling:
2. Al Arqoub: warplanes flying overhead:
3. Al Itha’ah: very daring footage of a tank in the district:
1. The army and security checkpoints spread in the city arrested several young men to send them to serve in the Assad army, despite some having postponed their service due to education or employment.
• Demonstrations in Aleppo city:
Freedom-callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially the districts being shelled, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all. Freedom-callers also called for unity and saluted the Free Syria Army.
Reported demonstrations with no footage- Al Ashrafiyeh and Bani Zeid.
• Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to the city of Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially the districts being shelled, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all. Freedom-callers also called for unity and saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Kaljibreen: funeral procession for hero Hassan Isma’eel, from Al Fateh brigade:
2. Hoor: funeral procession for hero Abdul Baset Yaseen of the Free Syria Army to his final resting place:
• Peaceful revolutionary acts:
1. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: the revolutionary council supervised a campaign to clean the city:
1. Soldier Ahmad Hassan Ashrafee defected and joined the Free Syria Army in Aleppo:
1- Al Mayassar: a man who was bidding farewell to his martyred son was killed as a result of the artillery shelling on Al Sultan street in Al Mayassar.
2. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: aid was distributed to the families of martyrs and the poor in the city:
• Delayed videos and news:
1- Al Midan: Arrived late: Complete destruction of a residential building in the neighbourhood as a result of warplane shelling.
2- Aleppo 09/09/2012- Arrived late: Video showing the quantity of water that flooded the streets as a result of the explosion of the water lines and its complete cut-off from a number of neighbourhoods.
3- Al Ma’adee: The Assad regime targeted Al Dahrieh Al Atharieh school during the evening on 09/09/2012 using two shells, which resulted in the martyrdom of a child and the injury of six other children from the families of displaced civilians currently located in the area.