Report on the Province of Aleppo and its surroundings 09/09/2012 up until 8pm==========================================
Summary for 09/09/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 11
Number of protests: 3
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 4
Number of shelled places: 14
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 1
Number of defections: 0
1. Masakin Hanano: Khalid Al Sagher, 27 years, killed from the indiscriminate shelling, which caused a building to collapse completely:
2. Maskain Hanano: Abdullah Al Sagher, 27 years, killed from the indiscriminate shelling, which caused a building to collapse completely.
3. Al Neirab: Abdo Fawzee Abu Raas, killed from sniper gunfire.
4. Al Neirab: Ammar Jarah, killed from sniper gunfire.
5. Al Itha’ah: Hussan Al Shawa, killed yesterday afternoon by regime snipers while he was passing by Al Hal market.
6. Al Itha’ah: unidentified civilian who was killed by regime forces. His body was unable to be recovered due to the spread of snipers:
7. Al Hellok: Mohammad Al Jabee, a taxi driver, 25 years, was killed by regime force snipers on the way to the airport. He was from Al Hellok.
8. Al Suwayda’: media activist and director Tamer Al Awam, 25 years, died in a field hospital in Aleppo:
9. Rural Aleppo - Kafarnaya: media activist Ghayth Al Atrash, killed by sniper gunfire in his waist yesterday, while covering the attack on the raid branch in Al Midan.
10. Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: pharmacist Abdul Hameed Mohammad Ali Hasanato, 53 years, killed under torture after he was arrested in the air intelligence branch in Aleppo. Marks of torture were clearly on his body.
11. Rural Aleppo - Deir Jamal/Hanano barracks: Mohammad Mahmoud Eisa, a hero of the Sayid Al Shuhada’ Hamza battalion, was killed during clashes near Hanano barracks:
*Al Sakhour: martyrs and casualties from the warplane shelling:
*The following names were also documented during the cut-off of internet:
-Al Heidariyeh: Na’saan Ahmad Na’saan, 16 years, killed from the shelling 01/09/2012.
-Al Heidariyeh: female mother Douna, 35 years, killed from the shelling 01/09/2012.
-Al Heidariyeh: child, son of Douna, Ibrahim Al ahmad, 16 years, killed from the shelling 01/09/2012.
-Al Mayasar: Mohammad Anadan Al Neirabanee, 25 years, killed from the shelling due to the fall of a second shell, while he was trying to aid his wounded neighbours, who were injured from the first shell 03/09/2012.
-Al Marjeh: Bakree Ramadan, killed from the shelling on Friday 07/09/2012.
1- Wounded and injured:
• Al Sakhour: Martyrs and injured resulting from the warplane shelling:
• Masaken Hanano: FSA succoring civilians during the shelling
Continued rescue opertations and pulling out corpses from under the rubble after hours of continuous shelling.
• The situation in the field hospital, there are wounded people everywhere.
2- Masaken Hanano: Complete destruction of a residential building due to the fall of two explosive barrels from a warplane next to Rowdah in Masaken Hanano neighbourhood, tens of women and children under the rubble.
Rise of smoke columns as a result of shelling using explosive barrels.
3- (Tariq AlBab) Rabee’ Al Arabi: Mass destruction in two floors resulting from an airplane bomb.
4- Al Sha’ar: Shelling of a residential building which led to the complete destruction of three floors of it, yesterday.
5- Qadee ‘Askar: Result of shelling on a shop.
6- Rural Aleppo- Daret ‘Izzeh: Effects of shelling on the city today.
• Cases of gunfire:
1- Al Itha’ah: Violent clashes in the area, as well as the sniping of a civilian by snipers loyal to Assad.
2- Al Neirab: Sounds of bullets and gunfire were heard in the neighbourhood.
3- Al Jamilieh: Large explosion shook the entire neighbourhood of Al Jamilieh near the military police base during the evening, which was followed by the sounds of gunfire, it must be noted that this neighbourhood is one of the closest to Sa’d Allah AlJabri square.
4- Al Midan: Continued clashes in the neighbourhood.
• Places that were bombed/ shelled:
1- Al Sha’ar: This afternoon, violent shelling on Sooq Al Hal (cardamom market), Tariq Al Bab and Al Sha’ar, at a rate of one shell every few minutes, it must be noted that the shelling has not stopped since the last 48 hours.
- Evening: Violent artillery shelling onto the neighbourhood in continuation with the campaign that it has been exposed to for the past four days.
2- Tareeq Al Bab: During the afternoon, violent shelling onto Sooq Al Hal (cardamom market), Tariq Al Bab and Al Sha’ar, at a rate of one shell every few minutes, it must be noted that the shelling has not stopped since the last 48 hours.
3- Sooq Al Hal (cardamom market): During the afternoon, violent shelling onto Sooq Al Hal (cardamom market), Tariq Al Bab and Al Sha’ar, at a rate of one shell every few minutes, it must be noted that the shelling has not stopped since the last 48 hours.
4- Al Mayassar: Sounds of artillery shelling and explosions shaking the neighbourhood, along with the flight of warplanes above Al Miyassar and gunfire from the planes onto the neighbourhood.
5- Sleiman Al Halabi: Artillery shelling onto Masaken Hanano after its liberation by FSA brigades, as well as the rise of smoke columns above the neighbourhood.
6- Al Neirab: Fall of a shell next to the hospital this morning along with the destruction of part of a home adjacent to the hospital without any human injuries.
7- Old Aleppo: The endowments building was shelled by warplanes from the rear along with the rise of smoke columns from within.
8- Masakin Hanano: Targeting and shelling of the neighbourhood with barrels which were dropped from warplanes which led to the destruction of a residential building resulting in a large number of wounded and injured.
- Renewed warplane shelling onto a section of the common sooq (market) and Hanano, thankfully there were no injuries.
9- Al Sakhour: Targeting and shelling of the neighbourhood by warplanes which resulted in a large number of martyrs and injured civilians, the final outcome is not yet known.
10- Qadee ‘Askar: Continued shelling, some which fell on a residential building on the fifth floor and another which which fell near the rear door to Al Thura bakery, another onto the walls of Karaz Dada graveyard, no human losses were reported.
11- Al Sikaree: Fall of artillery shells onto the neighbourhood.
* Rural Aleppo-
12- Rural Aleppo- Baza’ah: Warplane shelling for the second time using machine guns onto residential buildings.
13- Rural Aleppo- Daret ‘Izeh: Shelling using rockets and mortar onto the city
- Reports of the destruction of an entire residential building as well as the destruction of other homes by TNT filled barrels dropped from war planes.
14- Western countryside: Helicopter shelling onto the city.
• Number of times heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1- Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb: Flight of helicopters above the city sky:
• Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom-callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Salah Al Deen, Aleppo suburbs and the districts being shelled, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1- Masakin Hanano: Freedom callers came out after the shelling in funeral processions of the martyrs and injured, which resulted in a massacre during the funeral procession of the martyr ‘Khaled AlSagher’
- Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
All the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute Bashar and to show solidarity with Azaaz, Salah Al Deen, the districts being shelled and the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1- Baza’ah: Demonstration during the funeral procession of the martyr ‘Yaseen AlHamash’
2- Deir Jamal: Demonstration during the funeral procession of the heroic martyr ‘Mohammad Mahmoud Eissa’
1. Masakin Hanano: a Quran was found in good condition under the rubble:
2. An attempt to aid martyr Tamer Al Awam, who was a media activist and a director:
- Delayed news and videos:
1. Al Sha’ar: additional clips of the Al Sha’ar massacre, which was committed by Assad militia on Saturday 08/09/2012 by the warplane shelling on civilians.
-Some of the martyrs from the massacre:
-A mother in hysterics over her martyred son, who was killed in the Al Sha’ar massacre: