Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 04/09/2012
Summary for 04/09/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 17
Number of protests: 0
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 2
Number of shelled places: 14
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 2
Number of defections: 4
1-3. Al Mayasar: 3 people were killed from the artillery shelling and warplanes firing rockets and explosive TNT barrels on the district at dawn.
4. Dahret Al Awad: Mohammad Hameidee, 13 years.
5. Dahret Al Awad: Wael Hameidee, 20 years, killed from explosive TNT barrels that were thrown on the district.
6. Dahret Al Awad: Hamoud Mustafa Al Ahmad, 32 years, killed from explosive TNT barrels that were thrown on the district.
7. Dahret Al Awad: unidentified martyr who was killed from explosive TNT barrels that were thrown on the district:
8-11. Masakin Hanano: 4 martyrs fell from the artillery shelling:
12. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: Ali Mohammad Al Hussein, killed from the warplane shelling.
13. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: Mohammad Mustafa Al Mohammad, killed from the warplane shelling:
14. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: Osama Al Jawalanee, a defected military from the Abu Bakr Al Siddeeq battalion, was killed in Saif Al Dowleh while defending the district.
15. Rural Aleppo - Afreen: a Kurdish martyr whose name was not received (his first name is Sheiraban). He was a defected military, and was executed by the regime army in Al Teibeh in Daraa:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvYsvWL0MiM&feature=youtu.be
16. Rural Aleppo - Ma’aret Al Arteeq: Ahmad Al Khateeb, killed from the shelling:
17. Rural Aleppo - Deir Jamal: Hassan Abdullah Al Jad, a hero from the Mus’ab Bin Ameer battalion, was shot in the head during clashes in Al Deen district last Friday. He was transported to a Turkish hospital to be treated. however, he passed away today.
Video of the funeral procession:
*Rural Aleppo - Manbej: on 02/09/2012, a revolutionary Syrian chanter and a member of the media office for the revolution in Manbej, Ahmad Al Hamdo (known as Abu Al Mu’ayyed), was killed while participating in Al Furqan battle in Aleppo with Sariyet Shuhada’ Manbej, part of Ahfaad Al Rasool brigade:
*Saif Al Dowleh: the body of a woman who was crossing the street near the postal building, where she was sniped by the regime 02/09/2012:
*Al Mayasar: some of the martyrs who were killed from the shelling on 03/09/2012:
-Child Mohammad Sa’eed, 11 years.
-Hassan Bin Husaan, 25 years.
-Khadijah Al Shamee
-A 7-year-old child from the Al Hajo family.
-Body of a third child from the massacre:
-Bodies and casualties being recovered from under the rubble:
-Attempt to recover bodies from the massacre:
-Recovering the body of a father from the rubble:
-Recovering the body of a child:
-Recovering the body of another child:
1. Injured and wounded:
- Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: a woman casualty with an injured child and a martyred child:http://youtu.be/3d8N12hiGs8
- Bustan Al Qasr: casualties from the shelling on 03/09/2012:http://youtu.be/eRBUSkOOz5U
-A child casualty:http://youtu.be/nLkMxTtUxfc
-A child with a shrapnel wound being treated:http://youtu.be/_p3Fu4F62UI
2. Al Kallaseh: impact of the violent shelling:
-An Arabic house that was shelled:
3. Al Itha’ah: houses burnt and great destruction in the district:
-The minaret for Al Rasheed mosque was blown up and completely destroyed:
-Pictures of the minaret before the shelling:
4. Bustan Al Qasr: impact of the shelling and destruction:
5. Al Mayasar: impact of the shelling on houses, where a whole family was martyred:
-House of the child Hussein Habbo, whose whole family was martyred:
-Before midnight: violent shelling on Al Mayasar and the surrounding districts with warplane and helicopter shelling.
6. Jouret Awad: fall of TNT barrels from helicopters on buildings, which lead to the fall of 3 martyrs and dozens of casualties.
-A house was completely burnt from the shelling:
7. Al Firdous: destruction of Al Waleed Bin Abdul Malek school:
-Impact of the destruction of buildings from the shelling:
8. Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: impact of the shelling and the destruction of electricity poles:
9. Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: impact of the indiscriminate shelling on civilian houses:
10. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: impact of the shelling on the finance building:
11. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: impact of the daily shelling:
Cases of gunfire:
1. Al Itha’ah: violent clashes and exchanges of gunfire.
2. Al Sikaree: clashes extended from Al Itha’ah to the outskirts of Al Sikaree.
Places that were bombed/shelled:
1. Al Mayasar: artillery shelling and warplanes fired rockets on the district at dawn, which lead to the martyrdom of 3 people and a number of casualties.
-Afternoon: fall of a rocket on a residential building, causing its complete collapse. Several civilians were trapped under the rubble, and a nearby building caught fire, which had an entire family inside.
-Night: violent shelling on Al Mayasar and the surrounding districts from warplanes and helicopters.
2. Al Sha’ar: violent artillery shelling, the sound of which shook the district.
-Afternoon: helicopters shelled using rockets and heavy machine guns.
-Night: renewed artillery shelling.
3. Al Itha’ah: shells targeted Al Rasheed mosque:
4. Al Qaterjee: violent shelling on the district and its surroundings after midnight.
5. Bab Al Hadeed: violent shelling on the district and its surroundings after midnight.
6. Qadee Askar: violent shelling on the district after midnight.
7. Rural Aleppo - Daret ‘Izeh: dawn - shelling from Al Sheikh Suleiman, and an entire family was injured with critical wounds.
8. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: sounds of shelling, which caused smoke to rise in the districts of the city:
9. Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: warplanes shelling the city.
10. Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: shelling on Hayyan town and Deir Hafer, with the fall of 7 shells on Hayyan.
11. Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: warplanes shelled Anadan and Hreitan, and threw explosive TNT barrels, where one fell inside the garden of a residential building that was housing several families in the English cemetery area, which lead to great damage, with no reported casualties.
12. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: warplanes shelled Anadan and Hreitan, and threw explosive TNT barrels, where one fell inside the garden of a residential building that was housing several families in the English cemetery area, which lead to great damage, with no reported casualties.
13. Rural Aleppo - Nahiyet Al Areimeh: warplane shelling on Nahiyet Al Areimeh, situated between the two cities of Al Bab and Manbej.
14. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: warplanes shelled the city for the fifth day:
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Salah Al Deen: helicopters flying overhead at very low altitudes:
2. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: warplanes overhead shower the city with shells.
1. Rural Aleppo - Kafar Halab: defection of Colonel Abdul Razzaq Ahmad from the Assad army, and the formation of the Mujahideen battalion, belonging to the military revolutionary council in Aleppo and its suburbs:
2. Defection of First Lieutenant Ahmad Mohammad Mahmoud, and the formation of the Shuhada’ Ahad battalion:
3-4. The Ahfad Omar battalion secured the defection of 2 soldiers:
1. Statement of Christian freedom-callers in response to the regime accusing the Free Syria Army of shelling churches:
2. Formation of the Thee Qar brigade, under the leadership of Paratrooper Colonel General Abdul Baset Mohammad Taweel:
Delayed news and videos:
1. Al Firdous: funeral procession for martyr Mohammad Abdo Khalaf, who was killed during the continuous Assad artillery shelling on civilians 02/09/2012:
-Continued shelling during the funeral procession for martyr Mohammad Abdo Khalaf 02/09/2012: