Friday, August 31, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 31/08/2012
Friday of “Tarablus Al Sham and the free people of Lebanon”
*Note: communications and internet remain cut-off in Aleppo and its suburbs, thereby making it difficult to reach and verify all the news.
Summary for 31/08/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 24
Number of protests: 27
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 1
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 6
Number of shelled places: 14
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 1
Number of defections: 0
1. Al Sikaree: unidentified civilian martyr, killed by Assad militia snipers.
2. Al Sikaree: Bakree Fuad Joubee, born in 1985, killed from the fall of a warplane at Jisr Al Haj.
3. Al Marjeh: Hassan Mohammad Kareem, 24 years with a child, killed during clashes.
4. Al Marjeh: Nabhan Mohammad Al Nabhan, 22 years, killed during clashes with Assad shabeeha [regime thugs.]
*Names received from a field hospital in Aleppo:
5. Al Heidariyeh: Ahmad Na’san, killed from the shelling.
6. Jisr Al Neirab: Mohammad Al Omar Yousef, killed from snipers.
7. Qarloq: Abdullah Jawaqader, killed from the shelling.
8. Qarloq: Ghiath Qadeimatee, killed from the shelling.
9. Aleppo: Ali Sabounee, 23 years, killed from the shelling.
10. Aleppo: female Fatima Al Saleh, 50 years, killed from the shelling.
11. Rural Aleppo - Ma’raset Al Khan/Al Itha’ah: Sergeant Mustafa Hisham Masto, secretary of Suyoof Al Shahbaa’ battalion, was killed by snipers while he was defending civilians in Al Itha’ah:
12. Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: child Ibrahim Mahmoud Al Sheikh Ibrahim, killed from the barbaric shelling on the town.
13. Rural Aleppo - Manegh/Salah Al Deen: Ahmad Omar Abdul Rahman Isma’eel, killed while defending civilians in Salah Al Deen. He passed away yesterday evening in Kalas hospital.
14. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab/Saif Al Dowleh: Tareq Bin Kanan Al Hamdo Al Saleh, one of the leaders of Al Ansaree battalion, was killed during a battle in Saif Al Dowleh.
*Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: around 10 martyrs fell, along with 30 casualties, from the shelling on the city in initial countings:
15. Media activist and hero Mahmoud Zakariya Al Basha, killed during the shelling on Al Bab after he returned to his house from Saif Al Dowleh, where had had been stationed for the past month. He was studying electrical engineering and was in his 3rd year at Aleppo university (the university of the revolution.)
16. Mohammad Radwan Al Hamdo Al Saleh
17. Riyadh Mohammad Radwan Al Hamdo Al Saleh
18. Younes Mohammad Jamal Al Ni’mah
19. Basem Rasoul Al Ni’mah
20. Omar Mohammad Yousef Al Ni’mah
21. Mustafa Omar Al Faqee
22. Child Sahal Jum’ah Al Alo
23. Female Sabah Abdullah Al Alo
24. Female child Alaa’ Jum’ah Al Alo, 2 years.
*A video documenting martyr Qasee Shamta, from Anadan, who was killed on the 29/08/2012 in a liberation battle in Aleppo city. He was a hero of the Free Syria Army.
1. Wounded and injured:
•Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: Injury of a 13 year old girl and two females and seven other males as a result of aviation shelling.
-Some of those injured:
-Interview with one of the doctors in the town, and some of the injured civilians:
•Rural Aleppo - Al Bab city: Reports of the injury of 30 people as a result of shelling onto the city.
-Picture of a child who was recovered from between the rubble:
•Al Sikaree: a number of casualties, including some in a critical condition, from the violent and continuous shelling on the district.
2. Al Amriyeh: effects of brutal and barbaric shelling on Sayyidah Khadijah mosque:
3. Bab al Neirab: Effects of shelling using warplanes onto Jalal Al Deen Al Roumi mosque and its partial destruction.
4. Al Sikaree: Effects of devastation and destruction onto the neighborhood due to continuous shelling
-A civilian was targeted by a sniper two days ago. Today, the FSA tried to pull him away and they were shot at by snipers.
5. Bustan Al Basha- One of the many bombs that was dropped but did not explode onto the neighbourhoods of Aleppo from helicopters yesterday:
-Impact of the destruction from the violent shelling yesterday:
-Residential buildings destroyed from the fall of a bomb on the district:
6. Al Hamdaniyeh - Al Rabe’ area: impact of the indiscriminate shelling, and the impact of shells that fell last night:
7. Al Sha’ar: a house and electricity poles that were hit during the shelling:
8. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: impact of the destruction from the fall of rockets in the heart of the city:
A report by a civilian from Al Bab regarding work in relief and health care, where there is a great shortage of food supplies and medical equipment. He reported that “we need milk for our children”, and mentioned that the field hospital suffers from a great shortage of medical staff and medical supplies to treat casualties.
9. Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: impact of the shelling and destruction:
10. Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: impact of the shelling and destruction, which lead to casualties and martyrs under the ruins of a house:
Cases of gunfire:
1. Al Amariyeh: clashes and heavy gunfire in the district.
2. Al Midan: sounds of gunfire in the district. Clashes were renewed at night.
3. Saif Al Dowleh: continued clashes in the area.
4. Salah Al Deen: continued clashes in the area.
5. Al Kallaseh: clashes and sounds of gunfire in the district.
6. Al Marjeh: clashes and gunfire between the Free Syria Army and shabeeha [regime thugs] in the district.
Places that were bombed/shelled:
*Aleppo: footage of the western areas, alongside terrible sounds of Assad artillery, amid violent clashes in some areas:
1. Bustan Al Qasr: dawn - fall of 2 shells on the district, alongside the continuous artillery shelling and sounds of takbeers [Allahu akbar - God is great]:
-Continuous shelling and the pounding of the district with shells in the morning:
-Evening: renewed indiscriminate artillery shelling.
-Night: renewed very violent artillery shelling.
2. Masakin Hanano: dawn - renewed shelling at 2.30am and sounds of large explosions in the district.
-Late afternoon: renewed artillery shelling.
3. Al Itha’ah: shelling from artillery and tanks, alongside smoke rising due to an outbreak of fire.
-Moment a shell fell and smoke rising:
4. Al Sikaree: shelling specifically on Tel Al Zarazeer. Footage shows the moment a shell fell:
-Evening: renewed artillery shelling, focused on Tel Al Zarazeer.
-An area near Jisr Al Hal was targeted by continuous shelling, that caused the fall of a martyr and a number of casualties.
-Night: renewed indiscriminate shelling.
5. Al Qaterjee: continued artillery shelling from Hanano barracks, causing a number of casualties.
6. Bustan Al Basha: smoke rising from the indiscriminate shelling on the city. Footage was filmed from the adjacent Al Sheikh Maqsoud district:
7. Al Kallaseh: artillery shelling targeting Al Kallaseh and the surrounding districts at night.
8. Al Firdous: artillery shelling on Al Firdous, Bustan Al Qasr and Al Kallaseh.
9. Al Mayasar: renewed artillery shelling, and reports of casualties.
10. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: warplane shelling targeted a demonstration in Freedom Square and some districts of the city. 10 martyrs fell and a number were injured. Footage shows moment a shell fell:
-Clear footage of rockets being fired:
-Civilians being targeted with heavy machine guns:
-Fall of rockets in the heart of the city:
-Smoke rising from the shelling:
-Warplanes targeting the house of martyr Mahmoud Zakariya Al Basha’s family, Al Manashiyeh roundabout and a number of districts in the city.
-Evening: shelling from warplanes that continued up until the evening. It is thought that TNT explosives were used.
11. Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: renewed targeting of the district with violent artillery and rocket shelling:
12. Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: barbaric warplane shelling targeting civilian houses, resulting in the martyrdom of a child and 10 injured people.
-Night: renewed shelling from Assad warplanes on the city.
13. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: continued indiscriminate shelling from the 46th regiment.
14. Rural Aleppo - Daret ‘Izeh: destruction of several houses from the artillery shelling and a number of casualties.
*Important delayed videos:
-Al Qaterjee: fall of an artillery shell on Al Maqdad Bin Al Aswad mosque, which caught fire towards the end of Thursday night.
-Al Hellok: an olive factory targeted by warplanes, creating great fires on Thursday 30/08/2012:
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: warplanes overhead the city target Freedom Square:
*Delayed important videos:
-Tareeq Al Bab: warplanes flying overhead on Thursday 30/08/2012:
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom-callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Salah Al Deen, Aleppo suburbs and the districts being shelled, as well as to condemn the massacre in Daraya and to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Masakin Hanano: large demonstration after Friday prayers from Omar Bin Al Khattab mosque and Arwet Al Baraqee mosque that joined in Freedom Square:
-Saluting the detained:
-Banners in the demonstration:
-Al Jazeera correspondents meet with demonstrators:
2. Al Furqan: demonstration from Sa’d Al Za’eem mosque after Friday prayers:
3. Bustan Al Qasr: great demonstration despite the continuous shelling:
4. Al Mayasar: large demonstration despite the shelling after Friday prayers:
-A tribute to stricken Daraya:
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
All the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute Bashar and to show solidarity with Azaaz, Salah Al Deen, the districts being shelled and the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to condemn the massacre in Daraya and to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Kobanee: large demonstration after Friday prayers:
-Compact rows [of demonstrators] during the march:
2. Jarablus: demonstration after Friday prayers:
3. Al Jeineh: a great and large demonstration after Friday prayers:
4. Ibeen: a great and large demonstration after Friday prayers:
-Rows of freedom-callers calling for the martyrs:
5. Mare’: large demonstration after Friday prayers:
6. Kafar Halab: demonstration after Friday prayers:
7. Dabeq: great demonstration after Friday prayers with brilliant banners:
-Saluting the steadfast Tarablus Al Sham:
-During the march:
8. Al Ibzamo: demonstration after Friday prayers chanting revolution songs to the tunes of Qashoush:
9. Manbej: large demonstration after Friday prayers:
10. Baza’ah: large demonstration in front of Al Kbeer mosque:
-Saluting the Egyptian president:
12. Ikhtarein: large demonstration after Friday prayers in the town square:
15. Afreen - Burj Abdulu: demonstration after Friday prayers:
16. Afreen - Mo’batlee: large demonstration-
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Batabo, Al Bab, Al Atareb, Taqad, Deir Hafer, Afreen.
Peaceful revolutionary acts:
1. Rural Aleppo - Baza’ah: a campaign of donating blood by the youth of Baza’ah in solidarity with Al Bab city, due to the lack of blood in Al Bab field hospital:
1. Statement of the Ahrar Suriyah brigade on the Burkan Al Shimal battle and operations that were performed on Thursday:
2. Statement from Al Fath brigade about joining the military council: