Friday, August 31, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 30/08/2012
*It should be noted that communications remain cut-off to Aleppo province, making it difficult to access all the news.
Summary for 30/08/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 12, including one from Al Raqqah.
Number of protests: 2
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 1
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 3
Number of shelled places: 14
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 5
Number of defections: 0
1. Masakin Hanano: Yahya Younes, 35 years, killed from the shelling.
2. Bustan Al Qasr: Safour Basal, killed from the shelling.
3-5. Al Sheikh Najjar: 3 martyrs found who were summarily executed, handcuffed and blindfolded. They were shot at from behind, which crushed their skulls:
6. Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: female child Asmaa’ Abdul Razaaq Al Wasmee, 10 years, killed from the barbaric shelling:
7. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at/Al Ahdath: hero Mustafa Hadbeh, killed during clashes in Aleppo in the area of Al Ahdath and the school of infantry.
8. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: Qasee Shamtah, killed in a liberation battle in Aleppo. He was a hero of the Free Syria Army.
9. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: Mohammad Mahmoud Al Sabbagh, killed from the shelling from Manegh airport:
10. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: Abdullah Mahmoud Al Sabbagh, killed from the shelling from Manegh airport.
11. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: Abdul Baset Mahmoud Al Sabbagh, killed from the shelling from Manegh airport:
12. Al Raqqah/Saif Al Dowleh: university student and hero Mohammad Naser Al Mousa, from the Abu Ayoub Al Ansaree battalion (previously Omar Al Makhtar). His cousin was the martyr and hero Ayham Akeidee, head of the battalion. He was from Al Raqqah, but requested that he be buried in Al Zaytan village in southern Aleppo suburbs, next to his cousin Ayham Akeidee.
*Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: praying for the absent martyrs - brothers Sa’eed Al Shahabee and Omar Al Shabee, and their uncle Yaser Shahabee, who were martyred yesterday:
1. Injured and wounded:
•Masakin Hanano: a number of casualties from the renewed indiscriminate shelling in the late afternoon.
•Bustan Al Qasr: 3 casualties and a martyr from the shelling.
-A young man injured in his hand:
-An elderly man injured:
•Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: around 7 casualties and a female child martyr from the violent and indiscriminate shelling on the village:
•Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: a number of casualties, including some who are in critical conditions, from the pounding of the city with shells from Manegh military airport.
-One of the casualties:
2. Al Sikaree: impact of the shelling and destruction:
3. Masakin Hanano: impact of the shelling and destruction, including devastation to residential buildings and cars:
4. Salah Al Deen: impact of the Assad militia shelling on mosques and buildings:
5. Al Itha’ah: impact of the shelling of residential buildings from the continuous shelling:
*A field tour of Al Itha’ah conducted by the Al Jazeera team in Aleppo reviewing the destruction and devastation in the district:
-Impact of the shelling of Al Rasheed mosque:
6. Masakin Hanano: impact of the destruction from the continuous shelling:
7. Karam Al Tarab: impact of the devastation to houses from the warplane, helicopter and barrel bomb shelling and the destruction of houses from 2 days ago:
8. Bustan Al Qasr: impact of the artillery shelling on buildings:
9. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: daily shelling on the city and the destruction to civilian houses:
10. Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: Assad shabeeha [regime thugs] confiscated flour that was allocated to the bakery of the town, as well as confiscating the permit to bring flour, in a campaign by the regime to subdue the liberated Aleppine villages and towns to cut-off the supply flour to bakeries. It should be noted that this bakery provided bread to several surrounding villages.
11. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: some of the reports found in the Ba’ath party headquarters in Manbej- including citizen reports, as well as reports of members of the Ba’ath party and their positions:
12. Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: impact of the shelling and destruction from the violent and barbaric shelling:
13. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: the residents of the city decrease each day due to civilians fleeing and being killed. As soon as the sun sets and night comes, the streets become completely empty and everything becomes calm. The silence is pierced by sounds of artillery shells from afar and near. The city is not only witnessing sounds, but also destruction, panic, fear, casualties, critical injuries and martyrs. This is what residents of the city experienced when they awoke to a new tragedy, where 3 brothers from one family were martyred, who had made a living by selling vegetables in a small shop after circumstances worsened and they became very poor and were left with practically nothing. The videos show some of the destruction from the shelling:
Cases of gunfire:
1. Al Midan: clashes and heavy gunfire in the morning.
2. Saif Al Dowleh: violent clashes in the district.
3. Al Itha’ah (adjacent to Saif Al Dowleh): intensified clashes in the area.
Places that were bombed/shelled:
Aleppo: footage of warplanes shelling the districts of Aleppo:
1. Masakin Hanano: before dawn - sporadic artillery shelling that lead to the burning of 5 floors in a residential building.
-Dawn: renewed artillery shelling.
-Late afternoon: renewed Assad militia shelling, which lead to the martyrdom of a young man and caused many to be critically injured.
2. Saif Al Dowleh: violent artillery shelling:
-Outbreak of fire and great devastation due to the shelling:
3. Al Itha’ah: residential buildings burnt from the violent shelling from regime tanks:
4. Bustan Al Qasr: renewed violent artillery shelling, and the fall of more than 5 shells up until now. 3 were injured and 1 martyr fell.
5. Salah Al Deen: continuous shelling since the early hours of the morning on Salah Al Deen and Al Amariyeh.
-Midnight: very violent shelling on the first rows overlooking Al Hamdaniyeh highway, in what is thought to be the most violent shelling since the start of the military campaign against Aleppo.
6. Al Amariyeh: continuous shelling since the early hours of the morning on Salah Al Deen and Al Amariyeh.
7. Al Firdous: violent artillery shelling.
8. Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: reports of rocket shelling on the town before dawn that continued up until the morning:
9. Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: violent and barbaric warplane shelling, causing the fall of a female martyr and several casualties, most from one family.
10. Rural Aleppo - Al Jeineh: artillery shelling from the 46th regiment.
11. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: violent shelling from Manegh military airport, causing the fall of 2 martyrs and a number of casualties, some of whom are in a critical condition.
12. Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: violent artillery shelling on the town from Al Sheikh Suleiman artillery. The shelling affects civilian residences, in conjunction with MiG warplanes shelling several towns in western Aleppo suburbs that neighbour the town.
13. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: warplane shelling after midnight.
14. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: violent and indiscriminate artillery shelling from the 46th regiment after midnight.
*Important delayed videos-
-Saif Al Dowleh: violent artillery shelling 29/08/2012:
-Sounds of shelling and clashes:
-Renewed shelling at night, and the outbreak of fire in a building due to the shelling:
-Masakin Hanano: helicopters shelling the district and heavy smoke from the shelling:
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Al Itha’ah: warplanes overhead:
2. Salah Al Deen: helicopters overhead:
3. Bustan Al Qasr: helicopters combing the area:
4. Saif Al Dowleh: helicopters overhead Saif Al Dowleh and neighbouring Salah Al Deen:
5. Rural ALeppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: warplanes overhead the town and other towns in the western suburbs.
*Important delayed videos-
-Salah Al Deen: warplanes overhead pounding the district with shells 29/08/2012:
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom-callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Salah Al Deen, Aleppo suburbs and the districts being shelled, as well as to comdemn the massacre in Dariya and to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Faculty of Science: demonstration in the afternoon-
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
All the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute Bashar and to show solidarity with Azaaz, Salah Al Deen, the districts being shelled and the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to condemn the massacre in Daraya and to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Kobanee: a great strike in the evening:
Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: first newspaper issued called “The Sun of Freedom” [Shams Al Hurriyeh], which is the first independent newspaper, to be released fortnightly, and will cover political, socio-cultural and medical topics:
1. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: withdrawal of the Assad checkpoint from the entrance of the city:
Delayed videos and news:
1. Rural Aleppo - Baza’ah: great evening demonstration in honour of the martyrs 29/08/2012: