Sunday, August 26, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 26/08/2012
Summary for 26/08/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 33, 3 of whom were victims of previous shelling on Al Firdous, in addition to a Libyan martyr and a martyr who died 3 days ago.
Number of protests: 5
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 3
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 8
Number of shelled places: 33
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 5
Number of defections: 0
1-3. Al Jandoul roundabout: 3 martyrs from the Free Syria Army. Their identities remain unknown and their bodies have not been recovered yet due to the presence of snipers.
4. Al Jandoul: female Badeirah Al Ahmad, 50 years, killed from the shelling.
5. Al Jandoul: Hussein Sheikh Khaleilo, known as Hussein Beiro, 27 years with 2 children, was killed by snipers at Al Jandoul roundabout. His body was recovered by the Free Syria Army at night today, although he was killed by snipers yesterday.
6. Al Itha’ah: Mohammad Abdul Rahman Sahreej, 28 years, killed by snipers in the morning.
7. Al Sakhour: Jihad Kadro, 28 years, killed when a shell fell on Al Sakhour. He was from Al Saliheen village.
8. Al Firdous: hero Fawzee Akal, 13 years, who was a victim of the previous shelling on the district.
9. Al Firdous: Mohammad Hamouree, 25 years, who was a victim of the previous shelling on the district.
10. Al Firdous: Mohammad Hussein, 47 years, who was a victim of the previous shelling on the district.
11. Ba’eidein - Al Hellok: Nawras Deimouk Isma’eil, killed from the plane shelling on Ba’eidein.
12. Al Heidariyeh: Omar Mohammad Haj, 32 years, killed from a shrapnel during shelling.
13. Al Midan: female Aleina Makhjayan, 31, killed from an artillery shell that targeted her house. She died in the hospital at dawn and her funeral procession will take place in St. Krikor Al Munawar Orthodox church on Sunday afternoon.
14-15. Aqaywal: 2 unidentified martyrs who were killed from the shelling on Aqaywal mosque.
16. Jisr Al Neirab: Abdullah Mohammad Taha Ma’rawee, killed from the shelling, where he was wounded in the head.
17. Tareeq Al Bab: Fareid Razaq, 15 years, who was killed from sniper gunfire in his shoulder.
18. Masakin Hanano: a female child who was killed from the shelling:
19. Al Maghayer: Ahmad Bin Jum’ah Abu Al Khaleel, whose mother is Sabriyeh, 32 years and who is father to a girl boy. He left last Monday and did not return, and his statement appeared in the university hospital 2 days after his disappearance revealing that he was found dead at roundabout 606 in Al Hamdaniyeh. His picture and belongings were found in the criminal security, who claimed that he was buried.
20. Aleppo/Tareeq Al Raqqah: Emad Al Deen Hajjar, 45 years, killed by sniper gunshots in the chest.
21. Field hospital: Mahmoud Al Shamee, 34 years, killed from the shelling. He arrived at the field hospital without his location being known.
22. Field hospital: Mohammad Abdul Hay, killed from the shelling. He arrived at the field hospital without his location being known.
23-24. Share’ Al Neel [Neel road]: 2 martyrs from the Free Syria Army whose bodies were dumped there. Shabeeha [regime thugs] prevented anyone from recovering the vodies from the road. One of them was Libyan and the other was from Al Bab city in Aleppo suburbs.
25. Al ‘Amariyeh: child Mohammad Jamal Al Saqa, 16 years, killed from the shelling.
26. Rural Aleppo - Baza’ah/Al Midan: Mohammad Saleh Al Ahmadat, killed from Assad militia gunfire in Aleppo.
27. Rural Aleppo - Baza’ah: Hussein Mahmoud Yousafan, killed in Aleppo from the shelling, while he was in Sarfein in Al Sha’ar district.
28. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: young Mohammad Abdullah Qarnadal, who was arrested in an ambush by Assad militias in Saif Al Dowleh. Regime forces broadcasted yesterday news of his martyrdom, so if the news is correct then we count him as a martyr with the will of God.
29. Rural Aleppo - Deir Jamal/Bab Al Nasr: hero Mahmoud Nawar, from the Sayed Al Shuhada’ Hamza battalion, was killed in clashes in Bab Al Nasr in Aleppo. Funeral prayers for the martyr took place in his home town of Deir Jamal.
30. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: young hero Mo’tasem Hassan Al Sheikh Suleiman, killed while defending civilians in Aleppo.
31. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: Bilal Othman Kouraj, killed during clashes in Aleppo.
32. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: Bakree Zareeq, killed during clashes in Aleppo.
33. Mukhayam Kalas [Kalas camp]: Ahmad Abdul Rahman Darwish, killed in Kalas hospital from wounds he had sustained. He didn’t have anyone accompanying him.
*Delayed videos of Anadan martyrs who were killed during massacres committed by Assad militias on the way to Al Shaqeeq yesterday:
-Zaher Gharab, child Mohammad Zaher Gharab and Faisal Gharab:
-Emotional prayers from a father to his martyred children who were executed by Assad militias with gunfire at Tareeq Al Shaqeeq checkpoint.
*Note: female martyr Aminah Ab Abdullah from Al Firdous was incorrectly documented in Saturday’s report as Um Abdullah.
*Child martyr Abdullah Riyadh Shawa was documented to have been killed by snipers in Saif Al Dowleh while he was with his father and brother to inspect their house on 15/08/2012. He died on the 3rd day of Eid 21/08/2012.
*Further information received:
•Martyr names received from Al Firdous massacre that happened due to the collapse of a building on the second day of Eid by Assad militias, that claimed the lives of 14 martyrs-
1. Father Kaser Deibo Waysee, 62 years.
2. Wife Azeizah Deibo Waysee, 51 years.
3. Son Mohammad Kaser Deibo Waysee, 22 years.
4. Wife [of Mohammad] Zahra Waysee, 20 years.
5. Child Kaser Waysee Ibn Mohammad, 3 years.
6. Infant Mousa Waysee Ibn Mohammad, 1 year.
7. Father Marwan Noor Al Deen, 42 years.
8. Wife Asmaa’ Abdul Hadee Abeid, 35 years.
9. Child Heba Noor Al Deen, 3 years.
10. Child Ahmad Noor Al Deen, 9 years.
11. Child Abdul Hadee Noor Al Deen, 10 years.
12. Child Al Hajjee Noor Al Deen, 4 years.
1. Injured and wounded:
•Al Martini: a casualty who was injured by three gunshots that broke his heel bone and caused significant bone loss in his right leg. His leg was put into an orthopaedic brace in a Turkish hospital.
•A hero of the Free Syria Army whose hand was cut off during clashes with Assad militias:
•Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: a civilian critically injured from the shelling and fragments from yesterday’s shelling:
•Rural Aleppo - Anadan: a child casualty from the Assad plane shelling on civilian houses in the English cemetery area, situated in Anadan. The child requests for a letter to be sent to his parents while he is being treated 24/08/2012:
•From Dar Al Shifa’ hospital: child casualty from Tareeq Al Bab on 14/08/2012:
-Casualtues from the shelling:
-Children casualties from Qadee Askar who were treated at the hospital:
-An interview with a casualty:
2. Al Sikaree: impact of the shelling and destruction from the shelling:
3. Aqaywal: impact of the devastation from the shelling:
-Osama Bin Ziad mosque heat with a shell fragment:
4. Bustan Al Zahra’: impact of the shelling:
5. Tareeq Al Bab: report of the tragic situation suffered by those who remain in the district, which is being shelled daily:
-Impact of the artillery shelling:
-Civilian houses targeted:
6. Masakin Hanano: impact of the shelling:
7. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: a rocket that didn’t explode yesterday:
8. Rural Aleppo - Al Safeirah suburbs: impact of the warplane shelling and the destruction of civilian houses and shops:
9. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: a field hospital targeted by warplane shelling:
10. Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: impact of the shelling without any reported casualties:
Cases of gunfire:
1. Bustan Al Qasr: before dawn - Assad militias attempt to raid the district and the Free Syria Army heroes confront them.
2. Al Itha’ah: very violent clashes and an attempt to storm by the Asasd army.
3. Airport: violent clashes on the airport area and its surroundings.
4. Al Jdaideh: continuous clashes.
5. Al Maridian: clashes at the immigration building, where military vehicles were used, alongside a number of Assad soldiers.
6. Al Ansaree and Al Heidariyeh: continued clashes.
7. Salah Al Deen: continuous clashes and violent operations.
8. Hanano barracks: continued clashes around the barracks with heavy machine guns and RPG shells.
Places that were bombed/shelled:
*Smoke billowing from houses in the eastern districts due to the shelling:
1. Al Kallaseh: before dawn - reports of artillery shelling.
2. Al Sakkour: continued artillery shelling and the fall of more than 18 shells, some of which fell in Al Makateb road, and near Al Thurah bakery. Some buildings were destroyed, causing a number of casualties.
-The regime shelled, at the same time, with warplanes. 6 rockets fell near the bakery. No casualties have been reported thus far.
-Renewed artillery shelling at midnight.
3. Tareeq Al Bab: fall of a number of shells on the district after the call for dawn prayers. The district continues to be targeted by warplanes and helicopters, which caused a house to burn as a shell fell on it:
-Night: renewed artillery shelling at midnight.
4. Al Sha’ar: shelling at dawn from warplanes.
-Moment of warplane shelling:
-Night: reports of the fall of a shell near Al Boushee bakery, with no reported losses.
5. Al Mayasar: dawn - fall of 2 shells, one of which destroyed a floor is a residential building, causing create damage. No casualties were reported.
6. Al Sikaree: early hours of dawn - a number of shells were recorded to have fallen on the district.
7. Al Sheikh Khadar: shelling at dawn.
*Footage of warplane shelling. Note: the cameraman mistakes the date:
8. Sleiman Al Halabi: dawn - Assad forces targeted the district.
-Evening: warplane shelling.
9. Masakin Hanano: renewed targeting of the district at dawn by Assad shelling.
-Afternoon: warplanes drop other shells on the district, alongside reconnaissance helicopters hovering.
-Smoke rising from houses in the eastern districts:
-Night: renewed artillery shelling at midnight.
10. Al Feed: very violent shelling focused on Al Itha’ah and Al Feed in the morning.
11. Al Itha’ah: very violent shelling focused on Al Itha’ah and Al Feed in the morning.
-Civilians are in fear and panic in Al Itha’ah, Al Feed and surrounding districts, with sounds of women and children screaming head in several places due to the violent shelling.
12. Al Maridian: very violent shelling around the area and the fall of more than 30 artillery shells.
13. Bustan Al Zahra’: moment a shell fell:
-A house burnt from the shelling:
14. Al Jazmatee: Assad militia tanks target house by means of warplanes. Smoke is still heavily rising from the explosions.
15. Qadee Askar: helicopters target the district and the moment a shell fell:
16. Bab Al Neirab: heavy explosion and heavy black smoke at Jisr Al Neirab.
17. Maysaloun: heavy machine gun shelling from helicopters on Maysaloun park.
18. Al Intharat: fall of a shell on Al Zira’ah secondary school, behind the youth housing, causing smoke to rise.
19. Al Qaseileh: warplanes shelling in the evening.
20. Aqaywal: warplanes shell Aqaywal mosque, causing an additional 2 martyrs.
21. Ba’eidein: heavy machine gun shelling from helicopters in the morning.
22. Al Ansaree: artillery shelling.
23. Al Marjeh: violent warplane and helicopter shelling for the second day in a row, causing clouds of smoke to cover the sky.
24. Bustan Al Qasr: start of shelling in the evening.
25. Al Hellok: sounds of heavy explosions that shook the district at night.
26. Bustan Al Basha: fall of 4 shells up until midnight, and shells fell on buildings surrounding a school.
27. Al Qaterjee: the district was targeted with a number of artillery shells.
28. Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: dawn - renewed warplane shelling on the outskirts of the town. No casualties were reported, but there is a great panic among civilians.
29. Rural Aleppo - Taqad: dawn - a number of shells that caused material damage.
30. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: warplane shelling and the destruction of several houses due to the barbaric shelling:
31. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: warplanes shower Al Zira’ah school with machine guns. No injuries reported up until now. Al Sarb district was targeted with a shell.
32. Rural Aleppo - Batabo: shelling from the 46th regiment, which lead to a power outage and caused panic and fear among civilians.
33. Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: warplane shelling.
*Al Midan: warplane shelling on 25/08/2012:
*Al Sheikh Khafar and its surroundings: warplane shelling with heavy machine guns 25/08/2012:
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: warplanes overhead at dawn.
2. Al Itha’ah: an Assad battalion consisting of more than 20 soldiers were at Al Hariri mosque in Nazlet Al Itha’ah, which attempted to raid Al Itha’ah and Saif Al Dowleh.
3. Al Maridian: around 150 soldiers, with a tank, an SUV and some snipers were recruited and stationed at Al Hijra Wal Jawazat road [immigration and passport.]
-Assad militia reinforcements advanced at the checkpoint present at Al Hayah hospital.
4. Al Furqan: 10 tanks passed from the road overlooking the university city, heading towards the city.
5. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: warplanes pound the town:
Demonstrations in Aleppo:
Freedom-callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Salah Al Deen, Aleppo suburbs and the districts being shelled, as well as to comdemn the massacre in Dariya and to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Share’ Al Neel [Neel road]: evening demonstration from Ammar Bin Yaser mosque:
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
All the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute Bashar and to show solidarity with Azaaz, Salah Al Deen, the districts being shelled and the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to condemn the massacre in Dariya and to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Al Bab: morning demonstration for the massacre in Dariya:
2. Deir Jamal: funeral procession for hero Mahmoud Abdul Qader Nawar:
3. Al Bab: evening demonstration in support of Dariya:
Reported demonstrations with no footage - Sareen.
Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1. Rural Aleppo - Jarablus: artwork by the art section of Aafaq Freedom forum in Jarablus:
2. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: campaign of “My city, my home” to clear the streets and walls of the city from the shelling:
3. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: children standing in solidarity with families of martyrs, with Homs and the stricken cities:
1. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: scale of the human tragedy that is lived by those who remain from Azaaz. The aid that was reached does not cover a fraction of civilian needs:
-Attempts by the relief office to organise an operation to distribute aid:
Delayed news and videos:
1. Delayed clip due to the difficulty of communications in the southern suburbs-
-Southern suburbs of Aleppo: demonstration from Friday:
2. Rural Aleppo - Qarah Mazra’ah: demonstration after late afternoon prayers yesterday:
3. Rural Aleppo - Baza’ah: large evening demonstration and funeral procession for martyr Mohammad Saleh Al Ahmadat Saturday evening:
4. Al Sheikh Fares: demonstration from Friday: