Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 20/08/2012 up until 8pm
Summary for 19/08/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 11
Number of protests: 0
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 4
Number of shelled places: 9
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 4
Number of defections: 0
1. Bustan Al Basha: unidentified martyr:
2. Rural Aleppo - Tadef: Abdo Al Ghadban, 42 years.
3. Rural Aleppo - Tadef: child Mohammad Abdo Al Ghadban, 12 years.
4. Saif Al Dowleh: Yahya Nafe' Sabbagh, 50 years, killed when he was targeted by a sniper in the morning. He had 5 children.
5. Saif Al Dowleh: activist lawyer Na'el Mohammad Sabbagh, 38 years, killed when he was targeted by snipers.
6. Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: Ammar Ahmad Balkash, 20 years, died in the Turkish hospital Kals from a wound he had sustained from the shelling on the city on 14/08/2012.
7. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: hero Ahmad Abdul Naser Hilal, killed in Salah Al Deen while he was defending civilians against Assad militias.
*Rural Aleppo - Babakeh: 4 martyrs were liquidated after their arrests by security forces in Jabal Al Sheikh Suleiman. Their bodies were dumped and found near the battalion, and they were buried in Babakeh.
8. Bakour Faisal Bakour, 26 years, married with a child.
9. Ahmad Abdul Majeed Bakour, 16 years.
10. Rural Aleppo - Tel Al Daman: Ahmad Kanjo, 25 years.
11. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: Mohammad Adel Haseen, 26 years:
Burying the martyrs:
*Al Sakhour: martyrs documented from the massacre caused by the collapse of residential buildings on Sunday due to the shelling:
*Rural Aleppo - Taqad: documentation of martyrs from the town in the videos-
-Child Mohammad Barakat, 12 years, 17/08/2012:
-Child Mohammad Jum'ah, 14 years, 18/08/2012:
-Ahmad Iz-ud-Deen, 26 years with 3 children, a member of the Free Syria Army 18/08/2012:
*Rural Idlib - Atmeh/Saif Al Dowleh: hero and media activist Ghiyath Abdullah, from Idlib province, was killed in Aleppo, Saif Al Dowleh by Assad army snipers while he was holding a camera in one hand and weaponry in another 18/08/2012:
1. Injured and wounded:
•Al Kallaseh: casualties due to the indiscriminate shelling; a man shown with a critical injury:
•Bustan Al Qasr: a child casualty due to the fall of a shell on his house who speaks of what happened to him:
-A child injured with a shrapnel in her leg:
-Attempts by civilians to evacuate the injured from buildings that were shelled:
-A man who has become quadriplegic and does not yet know asks the doctor his requests:
•Al Sakhour: a child, a young man and another man who were injured during the shelling yesterday that claimed the lives of 7 martyrs:
-A child casualty during his treatment:
-Of the children casualties who are critically injured:
•Salah Al Deen: a young man with a shrapnel wound in his leg:
-Another young casualty:
-Evacuating a civilian who was injured by snipers:
•Rural Aleppo - Tadef: injury of the wife of the martyr Abdo Al Ghadban and his daughter, who are in critical conditions after they were retrieved from the rubble.
-Injury of Khaleel Ibrahim Al Sa'oud and his family with severe wounds. They are in critical conditions.
-Retrieving a woman from under the rubble:
2. Bustan Al Qasr: impact of the destruction caused by the shelling and the blood of civilians covering one of the houses:
3. Daret 'Izeh: impact of the destruction in one of the buildings:
4. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: fear and panic among casualties due to the shelling with warplanes today:
-Impact of the destruction from warplane shelling:
5. Rural Aleppo - Tadef: impact of the destruction from the indiscriminate warplane shelling. Residents attempt to evacuate martyrs and casualties from one of the 3-story buildings today:
-Place a shell fell in the market square:
-Fragments from shells used:
*Salah Al deen: delayed video showing the shelling of Salah Al Deen mosque with a number of shells, that demolished a wall and caused the dome of the mosque to fall into the mosque 02/08/2012:
Cases of gunfire:
1. Al Jamiliyeh: clashes near the military court and the Ba'ath party branch.
-Clashes reached near Sa'd Allah Al Jabiree square.
2. Al Sleimabiyeh: violent clashes at a checkpoint that was liberated.
3. Saif Al Dowleh: reports of strong clashes at the 'Uloum junction.
-Calshes at the end of Saif Al Dowleh at Al Nasr mosque:
4. Rural Aleppo - Ratyan: clashes between members of the Free Syria Army and Assad militias.
Places that were bombed/shelled:
1. Bustan Al Qasr: Assad militias shell with mortar in the morning.
-Afternoon: renewed violent shelling from warplanes and the fall of rockets on the district.
2. Bustan Al Basha: shelling in the area.
3. Al Sheikh Maqsoud: fall of a shell on a building near the train station.
4. Al Firdous: shelling targeting Al Waleed Bin Abdul Malek school with warplanes. A number of rockets fell on it, that lead to the destruction of a great section of the school.
5. Al Sakhour: warplane shelling.
6. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: after the city underwent more than an hour and a half of warplane shelling from Manegh military airport before dawn, shelling was resumed from artillery stationed from the Institute of Infantry.
-Moment a bomb fell from a warplane in the morning:
7. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: warplane shelling in the morning.
8. Rural Aleppo - Tadef: warplane shelling targeting the postal building and Sheihan secondary school. Planes remain overhead the cities of Al Bab and Tadef.
9. Rural Aleppo - Maskaneh: warplane shelling with rounds of machine guns on unarmed civilians.
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Rural Aleppo - Daret 'Izeh: warplanes at dawn flying overhead.
2. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: warplanes overhead shell the city:
3. Rural Aleppo - Tadef: warplanes flying overhead shell the postal building and one of the schools in the town:
4. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: warplanes targeting the city:
*Salah Al Deen: a video showing very close footage of warplanes in the district 19/08/2012:
1. Saif Al Dowleh: leaflets being thrown from Assad planes on the district:
Delayed news and videos:
1. Al Sheikh Fares: morning demonstration after Eid prayers on Sunday:
2. Rural Aleppo - Ikhtarein: evening demonstration on the first day of Eid, Sunday:
3. Rural Aleppo - Aykadeh: evening dementsration on Sunday: