Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 19/08/2012
Summary for 19/08/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 23
Number of protests: 20
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 4
Number of shelled places: 11
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 3
Number of defections: 0
1-2. Bustan Al Qasr: an increase of 2 martyrs who remartilleryntified and found between the rubble due to the indiscriminate shelling:
3-4. Al Ard Al Hamra: names of martyrs who were killed due the the artilyery shelling that destroyed 3 houses:
-Khalid Hameidan Mash'al:
-Marhaf Al Sa'eed.
5. Rural Aleppo - Al Hader/Al Saliheen: Mohammad Abdul Azeez Ka'keh, 21 years, killed from snipers in Al Saliheen.
6. Rural Aleppo - Taqad/Saif Al Dowlartillery 'Iz-ud-Deen ,from Tadef, was killed during clashes in Saif Al Dowleh.
7. Rural Aleppo - Taqad/Saif Al Dowleh: Mustafa Ni'mah, from Tadef, was killed during clashes in Saif Al Dowleh.
8. Rural Aleppo - Baza'ah/Salah Al Deen: Mustafa Mahmoud Al Sheikh, killed during a military operation in Salah Al Deen:
-An attempt to aid the martyr:
9. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab/Salah Al Deen: hero Mustafa Ibrahim Al Taleb, from the Free Syria Army (Abu Bakr As-Sideeq brigade) was killed in Salah Al Deen. His funeral procession took place after Eid prayers.
*10-16. Qadee Askar massacre: fall of 7 martyrs, including a number of women, from the Shakshak family, due to the fall of a shell on one of the buildings near the bakery:
*Al Sakhour massacre: the fall of a shell caused the collapse of 2 buildings in the district and claimed the lives of 7 martyrs:
17. Child Khalaf Khalaf, whose head was detached from his body.
18. Mohammad Khalaf, 33 years.
19. Zakour Mohammad Khalaf, 35 years.
20. Hassan Al Ahmad.
21. Wife of Hassan Al Ahmad.
22. Child of Hassan Al Ahmad.
23. Second child of Hassan Al Ahmad.
*Arrival of the names of 3 martyrs from the Azaaz massacre 15/08/2012-
-Child Sara Ramdo
-Child Yahya Ramdo
-Martyr from Al Bab, Mustafa Ibrahim Al Taleb:
1. Injured and wounded:
•Bustan Al Qasr: 5 casualties from the indiscriminate shelling that targeted residential houses.
•Al Sakhour: a number of casualties from the destruction of 2 residential buildings due to the shelling.
2. Al Jazmatee roundabout: impact of the warplane shelling:
3. Stricken Salah Al Deen: impact of the destruction from the indiscriminate and continuous shelling:
4. Saif Al Dowleh: impact of shelling on the minaret of Al Nasr mosque:
5. Al Zabadiyeh: impact of the destruction from the warplane shelling:
-Collapse of entire floors in a residential building:
6. Bustan Al Qasr: impact of the destruction from the shelling on the houses of innocent civilians:
-A building that had a shell fall on it and caused the fall of 2 martyrs and 5 casualties:
7. Al Arqoub roundabout: regime snipers arrived and stationed themselves on building roof-tops present around Al Arqoub roundabout.
8. Al Muwasalat Al Qadeimeh: this building was destroyed on the 17/08/2012 and bodies were retrieved from it on the first day of Eid:
-Impact of the destruction:
9. Rural Aleppo - Batabo: report from the heart of the town by three young men on the morning of Eid who describe the situation of the town:
10. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: report of the first day of Eid showing the state of the city, the mothers of martyrs, the displaced refugees and the tragedy of the country:
11. Aleppo and its suburbs: a continued complete cut-off of land and mobile communications, including the internet.
Cases of gunfire:
1. Al Jdaideh square: clashes and the liberation of the area. Shabeeha [regime thugs] and Assad militia checkpoints were removed.
2. Salah Al Deen: continued clashes on the outskirts of the district.
3. Al Itha'ah: violent clashes and gunfire in the area.
4. Manegh military airport: violent clashes in the area.
Places that were bombed/shelled:
1. Qadee Askar: a new massacre from the continuous warplane shelling that claimed the lives of 7 people.
-Footage of a collapsed building:
-An attempt to retrieve bodies from between the rubble:
2. Al Zabadiyeh: warplane shelling on the district and smoke rises from the area.
3. Bustan Al Qasr: indiscriminate artillery shelling on the district that hit a residential house and lead to the fall of 2 martyrs and 5 casualties.
4. Saif Al Dowleh: violent shelling since the morning:
5. Masakin Hanano: indiscriminate shelling on the district and its surroundings.
6. Al Sakhour: violent rocket shelling that caused residential buildings to collapse, claimed the lives of 8 martyrs and caused dozens of casualties in hospitals.
7. Al Itha'ah: clashes and shelling in the morning on the first day of Eid:
8. Al Ard Al Hamra: artillery shelling at dawn, that lead to the martyrdom of 2 people up until now.
9. Rural Aleppo - Kafar Karamein: artillery shelling from the 46th regiment.
10. Rural Aleppo - Tel RIf'at: artillery shelling from Manegh military airport and residents are in a state of panic this night due to the shelling on the city from warplanes. There are reports of casualties:
11. Rural Aleppo - Kaljibreen: fall of a shell from Manegh military airport after midnight. No reports of casualties.
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: warplanes flying overhead with sunrise on the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
2. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: warplanes flying overhear with sunrise on the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
3. Aleppo: helicopters shell the city on the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom-callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Salah Al Deen, Aleppo suburbs and the districts being shelled, as well as to condemn the massacre in Azaaz and persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Al Sha'ar: morning demonstration after Eid prayers:
-Lead by members of the Free Syria Army:
2. Al Sakhour: demonstration of those who remain in Al Sakhour on Eid morning:
3. Al Sikaree: great demonstration after Eid prayers despite the destruction and lead by a freedom-calling child:
4. Al Zabadiyeh: demonstration of those who remain in the district, lead by the Free Syria Army:
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute Bashar and to show solidarity with Azaaz, Salah Al Deen, the districts being shelled and the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to condemn the massacre in Azaaz and to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Al Ibzamo: morning demonstration after Eid prayers:
2. Dabeq: morning demonstration after Eid prayers:
3. Ibeen: morning demonstration after Eid prayers:
-Inside the mosque:
4. Al Jeineh: large demonstration on Eid morning:
5. Daret 'Izeh: large demonstration in the town square after Eid prayers:
-Words from Doctor Khayr-Allah Taleb, head of the Islamic Sham Commission:
6. Mare': demonstration on Eid morning:
7. Sandarah: morning demonstration on Eid morning:
8. Shaweiha: morning demonstration on Eid morning:
9. Jarablus: large morning demonstration after Eid prayers
10. Sheiran: morning demonstration after Eid prayers:
11. Talalein: morning demonstration after Eid prayers in Talalein in the northern suburbs:
12. Baza'ah: morning demonstration after Eid prayers:
13. Baza'ah: large crowds in a funeral procession for the martyred hero Mustafa Mahmoud Al Sheikh:
14. Kobanee: evening demonstration from the first day of Eid that was live broadcasted:
Reported demonstrations with no footage- Taqad, Aykadah.
1. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: takbeers [Allahu akbar - God is great] sounding from mosque minarets:
2. Aleppo: greetings of the Free Syria Army to their families in Aleppo on the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr:
3. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: a young man of the revolution visits his martyred friends Madar and Mounir Akoush and Ahmad Awad, with crying from the cameraman:
-Heroes of the Free Syria ARmy visit the martyr first lieutenant Ahmad Faj, lead of the Shuhada' Al Atareb brigade:
-Freedom-callers of Al Atareb visiting the graves if martyrs:
4. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: a mother of one of the martyrs from the Azaaz massacre on Eid day:
-Interview with a parent who witnessed the massacre that killed his 4-year-old daughter:
-Azaaz cemetery on the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr:
5. Child games on Eid:
Delayed news and videos:
1. Rural Aleppo - Al Ibzamo: evening demonstration on Saturday stating that Ramadan has ended but Eid has not come: