Thursday, August 16, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 16/08/2012
Summary for 16/08/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 91, in addition to a martyr from Deir Ezzor who was killed in Salah Al Deen and buried in Baza'ah.
Number of protests: 7
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 1
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 4
Number of shelled places: 25
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 5
Number of defections: 1
1. Al Firdous: Omar Mahmoud Zanabeelee, killed from the shelling at dawn:http://youtu.be/u_yS_okI-Cg
2. Al Firdous: Yaser Al Asanee and his family crying over him, killed from the barbaric shelling:http://youtu.be/Sg6CPO-zk9w
3. Al Firdous: child martyr from the Barhoum family, 13 years, killed from the shelling.
4. Al Sikaree: Yahya Kasbo, killed from the shelling in the morning:http://youtu.be/3ODSa4iX53U
5. Rural Aleppo - Baza'ah: Ibrahim Al Abdullah, killed from the shelling on the town.
6. Rural Aleppo - Baza'ah: Mohammad Ali Al Akhras, killed from the shelling on the town.
7-8. Rural Aleppo - Baza'ah: fall of a shell on Shahab prayer building, which lead to the martyrdom of the custodian of the mosque and his son.
9. Rural Aleppo - Baza'ah: hero Hassan Haj Ahmad Al Hasoun, killed by Assad forces:http://youtu.be/_gzXyKaPzrM
10. Rural Aleppo - Deir Ezzor/Baza'ah: Sergeant Abdul Kareem Al Muhsen, from Deir Ezzor and of the Ansar Al Haq brigade of the Free Syria Army, was killed during clashes in Salah Al Deen. He was buried in Baza'ah:http://youtu.be/oqJwQ9kUFiM
11. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: female child Sara Zakaria Al Sawdah, who was a displaced refugee from Aleppo, was killed from the shelling on the city:http://youtu.be/gAp5AOYlHCg
12. Rural Aleppo - Mare'/air intelligence [mukhabaraat]: Eido Haseen Ni'mah, over 55 years, killed under torture by the air intelligence. He was detained a month ago:http://youtu.be/yp699Ux8JYU
13. Rural Aleppo - Taqad: Loay Jum'ah Hasoun, killed during clashes with the regime army.
14. Rural Aleppo - Anajareh: Omar Mohammad Shahadeh, killed in an ambush by security forces in Al Mansourah.
15. Rural Aleppo - Anajareh: Jum'ah Mohammad Shahadeh, killed in an ambush by security forces in Al Mansourah.
16. Al Maridian: Ibrahim Abdul Rahman Salqeenee, who died from sniper shots he had sustained at the immigration building a week ago. He was martyred yesterday.
17. Saif Al Dowleh: martyr gasping for breath from the shelling:http://youtu.be/Rj145w8fdtM
18. Jab Al Qableh: child Haseen Ibn Mohammad, 12 years, killed from the regime force shelling.
19. Rural Aleppo - Batabo: Mahmoud Hashem, 68 years, killed from the helicopter shelling on the town.
20. Rural Aleppo - Anadan/Al Sha'ar: Khalid Hashoum from Anadan, was killed by regime army gunfire in a battle in the city:http://youtu.be/NYZTOELtAPw
**Massacre in Ba'eidein: an entire family of 5 was martyred, of the mother, father and 3 children.**
21-25. Ba'eidein: father Mahmoud Al Khateeb (known as Abu Abdo), his wife and three of their children, from the shelling.
**Al Sha'ar massacre that claimed the lives of 7 people, including 3 children**
26-28. 3 unidentified children who were killed from the indiscriminate shelling:http://youtu.be/dp0mvwRpnRw
29-31. Unidentified martyrs who were killed from the indiscriminate shelling:
32. Unidentified female martyr who was killed from the indiscriminate shelling:
**Salah Al Deen roundabout: a taxi was targeted by sniper gunfire and this killed a family of 4, including a child, who were trying to flee for their lives at Salah Al Deen roundabout**
33. Unidentified martyr who was killed from sniper fire from security that targeted the taxi he was traveling in:http://youtu.be/11hhQdRaIjE
34. Unidentified martyr who was killed from sniper fire from security that targeted the taxi she was traveling in:http://youtu.be/11hhQdRaIjE
35. Unidentified child martyr who was killed from sniper fire from security that targeted the taxi he was traveling in:http://youtu.be/11hhQdRaIjE
36. Unidentified martyr who was killed from sniper fire:http://youtu.be/11hhQdRaIjE
**Tareeq Al Bab massacre due to the shelling on Al Khadrah Souq [market] before iftaar [breaking fast time] that claimed the lives of 8 martyrs**
37-38. Abu Ahmad and his son, killed from the shelling.
39. Unidentified martyr, killed from the shelling.
40-45. 6 unidentified martyrs, killed from the shelling.
**Massacre in Azeizeh in the eastern suburbs, which claimed the lives of 6 martyrs, including 4 children from the shelling of the village.**
46. Mustafa Azeizeh, 47 years, killed from the helicopter shelling.
47. Female child Raneem Mustafa Azeizeh, 8 years, killed from the helicopter shelling.
48. Child Fadeel Haseen Azeizeh, 15 years, killed from the helicopter shelling.
49. Mahmoud Shawa, 36 years, killed from the helicopter shelling.
50. Female child Ilham Mohammad Shawa, 3 years, killed from the helicopter shelling.
51. Child Abdul Qader Mohammad Shawa, 5 years, killed from the helicopter shelling.
*Bread massacre at Qadee Askar: first information indicates that number of martyrs from shelling the bakery at Qadee Askar to be 41, including 8 children, and 27 casualties, 20 of whom are in a critical condition:http://youtu.be/huDkR8v820Q
The following names have been identified:
1. Zeinab Al Shawakh
2. Khalid Joudeh
3. Khalid Jaradeh
4. Hutheifah Jaradeh
5. Abdul Qader Jaradeh
6. Zaheer Jaradeh
7. Mohammad Yousef Jaradeh
8. Saleem Jaradeh
9. Abdul Qader Hatab
10. Araf Jibreenee
11. Abdullah Jibreenee
12. Rajeb Jibreenee
13. Mohammad Jibreenee
14. Mustafa Khalaf
15. Khayree Khalaf
16. Ahmad Mohammad Waheed Idlebee
In addtion, there were 8 child martyrs:
1. Mohammad Zahran
2. Mohammad Jibreenee
-6 other children who remain undiestified.
16 further unidentified martyrs who were killed from the fall of shells in front of Qadee Askar bakery.
1. Injured and wounded:
•Ba'eidein/Al Hellok: a small child injured from the indiscriminate shelling:http://youtu.be/Wc2aEirFJBQ
-Planes are shelling the district nonstop and families and casualties are trapped while the rebels are unable to evacuate them. The humanitarian crisis is very dire.
•Bab Al Nasr: an elderly man wounded in the leg:http://youtu.be/0r_mnZKCKzY
•Qadee Askar: casualties in critical conditions in the hospital:http://youtu.be/QrbMFaZwoQI
•Al Mayasar: a number of casualties, mostly women, from the shelling that targeted Othman road.
-Renewed shelling at night, causing further casualties and martyrs.
-Child wounded from she shelling:http://youtu.be/73qYRxACgvA
•Al Sheikh Fares: a woman injured from sniper gunfire, who was targeted in her house. She was transported to the hospital and her situation is very critical.
•Saif Al Dowleh: a great number of casualties from the barbaric shelling.
•Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: over 10 casualties from the indiscriminate shelling:http://youtu.be/zmYMQV-NUk4
2. Masakin Hanano: the postal building on fire from the shelling by warplanes yesterday:http://youtu.be/t4odIzX94rs
3. Al Sikaree: impact of shelling in the morning:http://youtu.be/F3zRoUnWsAk
4. Salah Al Deen: impact of shelling on the district and on schools:http://youtu.be/FNub2NeesWA
-Footage from Al Hamdaniyeh highway showing the extent of destruction in Salah Al Deen:http://youtu.be/8N0BBSK3yBc
-Salah Al Deen mosque targeted:http://youtu.be/-eNwoGfk5Qk
-Impact of shelling inside houses:http://youtu.be/GJSNLkfa6YE
5. Qadee Askar: impact of the massacre in the place where it took and the blood of martyrs covering the ground
6. Al Sha'ar: an evacuated building was hit by the indiscriminate shelling:http://youtu.be/gWm8AKafPGU
-Footage showing the impact of the shelling and destruction on Al Sha'ar and Souq Sad Al Lawz [Sad Al Lawz market] and the devastation of buildings, some of which have been burnt:http://youtu.be/sFjRFuOaIYE
7. Al Firdous: impact of shelling and destruction:http://youtu.be/RcTDMe9wVRc
8. Saif Al Dowleh and Al Itha'ah: great numbers fleeing the districts from the violent shelling.
9. Al Qadeimeh: targeting of an archaeological library, cultural heritage and relics in the old city:http://youtu.be/XJ1H5GDFL0s
10. Rural Aleppo - Dabeq: remnants of shells that fell on the town:http://youtu.be/YBLkbMNXp7Q
11. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: impact of shelling and destruction:http://youtu.be/zcJs1tF8Xec
12. Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: impact of artillery shelling on mosques:http://youtu.be/Xe5vnp9UPb4
13. Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: a crisis of bread and the humanitarian situation:http://youtu.be/ZtJJkm6v_DY
*Salah Al Deen: delayed video showing the great destruction that occured in the district on 12/08/2012:http://youtu.be/BgAHdAxfSr4
Cases of gunfire:
1. Al Sheikh Fares: a woman wounded from a sniper while she was targeted in her house.
2. Bab Al Nasr: indiscriminate gunfire from snipers that targeted an elderly man.
3. Salah Al Deen: continued clashes in the district.
4. Al Amriyeh: violent clashes from the direction of Al Ramouseh, in an attempt by the regime army to raid the district.
Places that were bombed/shelled:
1. Al Firdous: shelling of more than 10 bombs at dawn and in the morning.
2. Al Sha'ar: since dawn, violent shelling continued for more than an hour of a succession of rockets and shells.
-Columns of smoke billowing near Noor Al Shuhada' mosque from the shelling and reports of casualties.
-Smoke billowing from the shelling in Sad Al Lawz road:http://youtu.be/boIdKD1CC5M
-Smoke billowing from the district:http://youtu.be/6wqv3KRZHBs
-A house burning from the shelling:http://youtu.be/I9XQEwrFNIY
-Attempts by citizens to put out and extinguish the fire and aiding casualties:http://youtu.be/55GrzKsonuI
-Night: renewed shelling on the district and the fall of a shell on the 5th floor of a building, that caused great material damage and others near Dar Al Shifa' hospital.
3. Tareeq Al Bab: occurred shelling and a barrage of shells fell from Assad militia artillery in the morning.
-Evening: violent artillery shelling targeting Al Helwaniyeh area.
-Fall of 5 artillery shells on Souq Al Khadrah [market] while it was congested with citizens stocking up, as reports were received of the fall of a shell at Al Banshee bakery in the district.
The shelling caused dozens of casualties and 3 martyrs.
4. Al Heidariyeh: the district underwent sporadic artillery shelling since midnight and up until the morning. There were 3 casualties, 2 of them being children.
-Night: renewed shelling on the districts of Al Ba'eidein, Al Hellok and Al Heidariyeh and the fall of 5 shells.
5. Al Sikaree: violent shelling in most eastern, southern and western districts in the morning.
6. Al Ansaree: violent shelling on most districts in the morning.
7. Al Firdous: violent shelling in most of the southern and western districts in the morning.
8. Saif Al Dowleh: violent shelling targeting Saif Al Dowleh, Al Zabadiyeh and Al Itha'ah in the morning.
-Evening: artillery shelling targeting the district and the fall of 4 shells.
-Fall of shells at Al Doha junction, the Islamic bank and near Bakdash mosque, and a nubbier of casualties from the shelling.
9. Ba'eidein: Al Hellok district targeted, particularly in Ba'eidein, with shelling in the morning from warplanes and helicopters that never leave the sky and do not stop shelling the district with shells. Families and casualties are trapped and rebels cannot evacuate them to the the difficult humanitarian crisis.
-Evening: helicopters pounds the district and its surroundings, stretching from Ba'eidein roundabout to Al Jandoul roundabout, with heavy machine guns and rockets.
-Night: renewed shelling on the districts of Al Ba'eidein, Al Hellok and Al Heidariyeh and the fall of 5 shells.
10. Al Hellok: shelling on the district in the morning.
-Night: fall of a shell on Andul Mun'em Qassad school, and another near the bakery.
11. Al Sakhour: the shelling of the district is the same as it is everyday.
-Night: renewed helicopter shelling with heavy machine guns.
12. Qadee Askar: artillery shelling on the district, committing a massacre in front of the bread bakery in Qadee Askar.
-Massacre in front of the bakery:http://youtu.be/huDkR8v820Q
13. Al Mayasar: fall of a shell on Othaman road that lead to the destruction of a building, that was lead by another shell in the same place. The number of casualties is known, but a number of casualties have been identified, most of whom are women.
-Evening: fall of a shell at Kanjo bakery, and reports that the number of martyrs has risen and that there are a number of casualties who are being treated in a field hospital.
14. Bustan Al Qasr: violent shelling in the morning:http://youtu.be/t30LJIcEYdM
15. Masakin Hanano: renewed warplane shelling on the district.
16. Al Sheikh Khadar: helicopters target the district and the the outskirts of Sleiman Al Halabi with heavy machine guns. Sounds of explosions are heard in the area.
17. Sleiman Al Halabi: fall of an artillery shell near the bakery in the district, near Al Qur'an mosque.
18. Rural Aleppo - Al Saharah: violent shelling on the village from the 46th regiment ('death regiment') after dawn, in conjunction with a power outage and most of the residents fleeing.
19. Rural Aleppo - Baza'ah: fall of a shell on a secondary school from warplanes, that lead to an addictional 2 martyrs and other casualties.
-Warplanes overhead shell Shahab prayer building, that lead to the martyrdom of the custodian of the mosque and his son.
-Evening: renewed warplane shelling and no reports of casualties.
20. Rural Aleppo - Batabo: warplane [MiG] shelling on each of Batabo and the villages in northern Idlib suburbs (Hazano, Kafar Yahmoul and Masreen):http://youtu.be/kx8Pa4K961Q
21. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: indiscriminate shelling on the city, claiming the life of a female child and causing dozens of casualties. Residents are evacuating the city in fear of a massacre being committed such as that of Azaaz.
22. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: shelling from the 46th regiment present in Orem Al Saghra town.
23. Rural Aleppo - Daret 'Izeh: artillery shelling on the city during a cut-off of communications and electricity to the city.
24. Rural Aleppo - Dabeq: warplane shelling at night.
25. Rural Aleppo - Azeizeh: indiscriminate shelling on the village that is situated in the eastern suburbs, that caused a massacre that claimed the lives of 6 people from 2 families.
*Moment a 2nd rocket fell on Azaaz 15/08/2012
*Saif Al Dowleh: shelling on Wednesday 15/08/2012 and the moment a shell fell:http://youtu.be/Gt4iaGr75IE
Moment a shell fell on a building:http://youtu.be/m6cdNsLruck
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Rural Aleppo - Baza'ah: warplanes flying overhead and the fall of shells on Shahab prayer building.
2. Rural Aleppo - Batabo: warplanes overhead Batabo, the northern suburbs of Aleppo and Idlib.
3. Masakin Hanano: warplanes overhead shell the district and its surroundings.http://youtu.be/fhc_Lgl-O8U
4. Ba'eidein: helicopters and warplanes are nonstop overhead the district and shower it with shells.
5. Northern suburbs: warplanes flying overhead areas in the northern suburbs.
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom-callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Salah Al Deen, Aleppo suburbs and the districts being shelled, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
Reported demonstrations with no footage- Al Firdous, Al Heidariyeh, Share' Al Neel [Neel road], Al Khaldiyeh.
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute Bashar and to show solidarity with Azaaz, Salah Al Deen, the districts being shelled and the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Mare': funeral procession for martyr Eido Haseen Ni'mah, who was killed by the air intelligence [mukhabaraat] after he was detained for a month:http://youtu.be/poRFT4vsSJk
-Funeral prayers for the martyr:http://youtu.be/eHc1X1NU4x0
2. Baza'ah: funeral procession for 2 martyrs Haseen Haj Ahmad Al Hasoun and Abdul Kareem Al Muhsen:http://youtu.be/_0nnncV-iHU
3. Manbej: evening demonstration in the main square-http://youtu.be/tA3cUn584Jw
1. Defection of air technician colonel Khaled Hameed Walyou from the ranks of the air technician school, who joined the Suyouf Al Shahba' brigade in Aleppo:http://youtu.be/u4SfwiHCNRQ
1. Old Aleppo: general strike in Old Aleppo:http://youtu.be/fbPJ7ghQNIs
Delayed news and videos:
1. Al Sikaree: evening demonstration on Wednesday in response to the barbaric shelling:http://youtu.be/q24qT2H-gvk
2. Salah Al Deen: delayed videos from 11/08/2012-
-Fall of a shell on the district
-Destruction of some houses from the shelling:http://youtu.be/JEDwpZEh7M0