Monday, July 9, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Bab- Martyr ‘Mohammad Ahmad Rasool Waki’, he was kidnapped on Saturday 23/06/2012 by the Assad army, his decadente corpse was found this morning having decayed due to being exposed to direct sunlight, the signs of torture can be clearly seen on his body and was strangled until he died using a rope, a piece of paper was attached to him which read ‘School of Agriculture’ (army camp) 26/06/2012.
2. Al Sakhour- Martyrdom of the male ‘Bashir Marri’, 21 years old, third year Law student, died resulting from gunshot wounds in Salah Al Din, the day of the Friday massacre on 22/06/2012. His funeral procession will take off from Khalid Bin Waleed mosque in Al Sakhour after Maghreb prayers.
3. Rural Aleppo- Al Bab- Martyrdom of the military hero ‘Ammar Kamel Kamyan’ in a military operation on the road to Menbej-
Family and loved ones saying good bye to the martyr-http://youtu.be/dfQiXB3Yfrs
4. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- Martyr ‘Mohammad Musa Obeid’, martyred at the hands of Assad gangs yesterday.
5. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- Martyrdom of the hero ‘Khaled Abd AlQader Abyan’ yesterday.
6. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- Female martyr, wife of Ibrahim Hayed AlShlo, her name has not yet been confirmed. Martyred yesterday.
7. Rural Aleppo- Daaret Izzeh- Martyrdom of Bakour Ramadan Mohammad, and injury of four others.
8. Al Neirab- martyrdom of young male ‘Ziad Hamdo Khalaf’ 27 years old, by bullets of Assad thugs.
1. Wouded and injured-
Rural Aleppo- Daaret Izzeh- Injury of four people and the martyrdom of one after the Assad army opened fire onto them at the southern barrier of the city, whilst on their way to Aleppo.
2. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- Effects of massive devastation and destruction in all parts of the city-
The effects on missile strikes on children-http://youtu.be/xl-baD-QUI4
The effects of the devastation on people's homes-http://youtu.be/yVAMqCcESBU
In the courtyard of a house which was almost entirely destroyed-http://youtu.be/9EJrT9Jrykg
The effects of the destruction of schools-http://youtu.be/H91bfwrnKzA
The effects of the destruction in the city's streets and buildings-http://youtu.be/3trHfbWSELQ
3. Rural Aleppo- Qubtan Al Jabal- the effects of the rockets which were fired at one of the houses-http://youtu.be/0Ferb1ronCs
4. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- the spread of thugs and Assad soldiers on the roofs of government buildings-http://youtu.be/GUk09CTLofo
5. Rural Aleppo- A leaked video showing how Assad men deal with the body of one of the dead people.http://youtu.be/SHoJNjNB3S4
6. Rural Aleppo- Jarablos- At dawn time today, security patrol cars backed by thugs roam Jarablos and raid the house of an activist, he was not present in the house.
7. Security barriers and deployment of security units-
• Rural Aleppo- Hreitan- Security forces cut off the road leading to the city of Hreitan from Safinat Al Sahraa restaurant at the traffic signals where earth mounds were placed, in an effort to lay siege on the city, it has been reported that it will be used as the way for any military vehicles to enter the region.
• Salah Al Din- A barrier inspecting cars on the Albiseh (clothes) street.
• Al Nil street- The security barrier searched cars at Al Shihan roundabout near Golden City Hall.
• Al Nil street- Barrier at Al Tub al Arabi roundabout.
• Al Nil street- Temporary checkpoint placed at night in front Al Barakeh, which is next to Al Sheet pharmacy.
• Al Sakhour- Assad security cut apart the neighbourhood by spreading barriers all over the neighbourhood, with thorough inspections of all cars and people passing by along with exposure to different types of harassment.
• Al Athamieh- As in Al Sakhour, the neighbourhood was separated by security barriers which
carried out thorough searches of pedestrians and cars.
• Salah Al Din- Temporary checkpoint at Salah Al Din roundabout consisting of six security units carrying out thorough searches of people passing by and cars.
• Al Bab way- Barriers are still spread throughout the neighbourhood, along with heavy security presence in the neighbourhood.http://youtu.be/RetiZQ0re7o
• Al Ashrafieh- Barrier in the neighbourhood behind Tariq Bin Ziad park.
• Hanano housing- Three security barriers in Al Alamieh neighbourhood in Hanano housing.
• Old Aleppo neighbourhood- a barrier of air intelligence at Al Jandoul roundabout.
• Al Mogambo- Barrier at Ishtar roundabout, opposite the university hospital.
• Al Mogambo- security presence and a car filled with armed security near Al Ittihad Club at the small roundabout.
Cases of gunfire
1. New Aleppo- Around sunrise this morning, the sound of clashes were heard in the neighbourhood near Al Salam roundabout.
2. Rural Aleppo- Daaret Izzeh- Injury of four people and martyrdom of one after the Syrian Army opened gunfire onto them from the southern barrier in the city, whilst on their way to Aleppo.
3. Al Sheikh Maqsood- Sporiadic shooting was heard at night in Al Sheikh Maqsood.
Places that were bombed/ shelled:
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- Shelling using rocket launchers and cannons of the 46th battalion special forces, at a rate of two shells every 5 minutes, targeting civilian homes in Al Atareb city.
2. Rural Aleppo- Injara- Violent shelling on the city using artillery and rockets, a state of displacement witnessed by the town, in conjunction with electricity and telecommunication cuts for the fourth consecutive day.
3. Rural Aleppo- Ouwaijal and AlHouta- heavy artillery shelling targeted villages of Ouwaijal and AlHouta countryside, west of the 46 special forces regiment.
4. Rural Aleppo- Bzaa- Bombing at night of summer houses on the way to Bzaa, no injuries were reported.
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’
1. Al Shifa roundabout- Preparation of equipment and military vehicles and tanks moving towards the countryside, about 20 tanks were seen.
1. Al Miyassar- Campaign of raids by Assad brigades and thugs to shops outside Souq Al Khudra (vegetable market), some people in the neighbourhood were arrested.
2. Rural Aleppo- Al Bab- Sunrise this morning, reports were received for the arrest of:
- Jihad Jumah Abu Maghara
- Hassan Abdo Abu Maghara
- Abdo Obeid
This occurred after they passed by the syriatel building on Monday afternoon.
3. Al Kura Al Ardieh roundabout- After the barriers which cut apart the city of Aleppo were placed, several displaced people were arrested in the city, after seeing their personal identity, three young originally from Anadan who had displaced to the city of Aleppo were arrested on a security barriers, at a Al Kura Al Ardieh roundabout in the city of Aleppo, yesterday evening at ten pm:
- Ahmad Ibrahim Bakhso
- Abd Allah Ghanaam
- Mahmood Jaalouk
4. Al Sakhour- Campaign of arrests at night, where by many young males were affected.
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Aleppo suburbs, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all.
1. Al Shahba- evening demonstration http://youtu.be/iXbvY9rATDA
2. Al Marjeh-
3. Salah al Din- http://youtu.be/z3EbiYJPBJU
Filming from above-http://youtu.be/czFcQU8KNfQ
4. Bostan al Qasr- http://youtu.be/1jHAVjuN4gE
Crowds of demonstrators in the freedom square-http://youtu.be/ZyM3R8RNy_Q
5. Al Bab way- http://youtu.be/RJ5TMQpshLw
6. Al Sheikh Fares- http://youtu.be/UpzvsHytNzY
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Al Heidarieh, Suleiman Al Halabi, Al shaar, Al Firdous, Hanano housing.
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to the city of Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute bashar and to show solidarity with the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution.
1. Menbej- http://youtu.be/CIrOpTQ54L0
2. Al Bab- http://youtu.be/2Y4pu9xCO0E
3. Al Atareb- http://youtu.be/NvDLRbOdvcQ
4. Dabiq- http://youtu.be/UxZ6OKMFKu4
5. Akhtarein- http://youtu.be/UfDEMYOApjo
6. Menbej- evening demonstration http://youtu.be/w4NHle6TAmA
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Al Salameh, Menbej.