Monday, July 16, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 16/07/2012
1. Rural Aleppo - Jarablus: 'Fakhree Al Mahlee' was martyred by a sniper bullet from military security:http://youtu.be/ytR1TKdjcYI
2. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab / Jarablus: 'Mostafa Mahmoud Na'sanee', member of the Free Syria Army [of the Al Bab and east brigade], was martyred in Jarablus city during an operation. His funeral procession took place in Al Bab in a large demonstration.http://youtu.be/ZpoB7ciQifo
3. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab / Jarablus: Defected soldier 'Mohammad Saleem Khalloo', martyred during a battle taking place in Jarablus.
4. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab / Jarablus: 'Mohammad Radwan Najjar' of the Free Syria Army and part of the Al Bab brigade.
5. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab / Jarablus: 'Mahmoud 'Othman' of the Free Syria Army and part of the Al Bab brigade.
6. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab / Jarablus: 'Mohammad Ni'mah' of the Free Syria Army and part of the Al Bab brigade.
7. Rural Aleppo - Jarablus: 'Fawaz Salih Al Ibrahim', 55 years, married with 6 children, martyred drying a battle to free Jarablus at the military security.
8. Rural Aleppo - Jarablus: Young 'Jam'ah 'Adnan Barkal', from Qara village, martyred by a bullet from a helicopter in Jarablus.
9. Rural Aleppo - Jarablus: Hero soldier 'Ahmad 'Al'al Ibn Mohammad Wajmeleh', born in Hasya' in Homs, who was part of the state army until he defected and became part of the Free Syria Army, was martyred through an operation to free Jarablus.
10. Rural Aleppo - Baza'ah: 'Ibrahim Idrees Al Khateeb', 25 years, martyred during a battle to liberate Jarablus.
11. Rural Aleppo - Basrtoon: 'Mostafa Ibrahim Hamadah' martyred as a result of the shelling on the village.
12. Rural Aleppo - Basrtoon: 'Mahmoud Ali Abdullah' martyred as a result of the shelling on the village.
13. Rural Aleppo - Bashantarah: Female 'Asia Mohammad Sandayan', 13 years old, who was martyred as her family of 6 members was shot. She was martyred and members of her family suffered serious injuries (maimed). From the injured is a girl and a disabled child, as a result of the fall of many shells on the village.
1. Wounded and injured-
• Rural Aleppo- Bashantra village- Serious injuries as a result of shelling:
Serious injury of a disabled girl in her thigh and the bottom of her foot:http://youtu.be/_JGGlnhSH9o
A young females’ entire leg was cut off as a result of the indiscriminate shelling, as well as the serious injury in the foot of the young child that also appears in the video:http://youtu.be/HQzIscwEvw8
2. Rural Aleppo- Azaaz- Effects of destruction resulting from the continuous shelling on the city:
Effects of destruction on civilian homes:http://youtu.be/kwUlrQ9I_f0
Targeting of private property:http://youtu.be/owJD6cwUXKE
With the activist ‘Abu Zaid’ explaining the situation in the city:http://youtu.be/OZiO4FXZ8fU
3. Rural Aleppo- Bashantra village- In the western countryside of Aleppo, the effects of shelling on the home of a family of six people some of whom suffer disabilities, many family members were injured-http://youtu.be/QgE1WqwkCnw
4. Rural Aleppo- Injarah- Continued electricity cuts, shells are still being used against the town:http://youtu.be/2XMUieB4Q1E
5. Rural Aleppo- Al Abzimo- Effects of devastation and destruction on a civilian house resulting from yesterdays shelling:http://youtu.be/RDRA-VTofO4
6. Rural Aleppo- Tal Rif’at- Effects of devastation and destruction resulting from shelling on the city-http://youtu.be/6NZczLOquhY
7. Aleppo highway- Al Bab: Al Khdeeraat tribe [Al jheyshat], with the help of security forces, cut off Aleppo highway - Al Bab, and Old Aleppo way at the slaughterhouse and they are stopping and searching cars from Al Bab and there is news of some young men being detained.
8. Faculty of Literature and Arts- Assad thugs and Air Force Intelligence units stormed the faculty.
Cases of open fire
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Bab- Spread of snipers on Al Zira’iah school where fire was opened.
2. Southern rural Aleppo - The Gulf University branch: Clashes between the Free Syria Army and a security checkpoint in front of the private Gulf University near the headquarters of the ICARDA on the international highway between Aleppo and Damascus. The building was badly hit and is damaged.
3. Rural Aleppo - Al Atrab: A spread of snipers above Al Zira'ah school and open fire:http://youtu.be/kxj2LvgFT-A
-Clashes and heavy open fire from the 46th regiment.
Places that were bombed/ shelled:
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Hooteh- Violent artillery and rocket launcher attacks on the western rural villages of Injarah and Al Hooteh at dawn time by Assad gangs from the 46th regiment concentrated in Owrm town.
2. Rural Aleppo- Azaaz- Shooting from heavy machine guns by Assad brigades onto houses in Azaaz, violent indiscriminate shelling by tanks and Assad vehicles onto the city of Azaaz.http://youtu.be/5XO9ZKD6X20
Smoke columns rising resulting from violent shelling- http://youtu.be/THfOB4PqEH8
Shelling by Assad warplanes, the moment when three rockets were fired-http://youtu.be/j-4TjJQEGt8
3. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- Renwed shelling by the 46th regiment onto the city-
The moment rocket shells fell and smoke columns formed:http://youtu.be/ZSkSqqgeYRk
4. Rural Aleppo- Injarah- The campaign on the western countryside remains ongoing, constant bombardment of the town caused bushes around the town to set alight.http://youtu.be/1eO1bMG-n24
-Renewed shelling at night in a bombing campaign on the western suburbs.
5. Rural Aleppo- Tal Rifa’t- Renewed shelling of the city, seven shells fell on the city at the same time.http://youtu.be/6NZczLOquhY
6. Rural Aleppo- Bayanoon- Shelling was renewed this morning from Aleppo city onto the town, until now five rockets fell and shelling continues.
The shelling continued until late hours in the night. The video shows smoke rising from burning houses:http://youtu.be/vF0WH3mq6Ec
7. Rural Aleppo- Bashantra- As a result of indiscriminate shelling onto Aleppo countryside, two mortar artillery shells onto a house in the village which led to the injury of a family consisting of six people, all suffered serious injuries.
8. Rural Aleppo- AlHajlieh- Heavy shelling on civilians in the village of AlHajlieh, Jarablos from the machine guns and rockets of helicopters, there is a military campaign consisting of fifteen cars and a bus heading towards Jarablos.
9. Rural Aleppo - Qabtan Al Jabal: Renewed heavy artillery and rocket shelling on the town. The source of the artillery shelling is from Al Sheikh Suleiman, the 46th regiment and Jam'iyet Al Zahra', in conjunction with a cut-off of water, electricity, communications and gas to the area.
10. Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: Heavy shelling on the town from the checkpoint stationed at the outskirts of the town, which has now started shelling with artillery from Jam'iyet Al Zahra', although the town has almost emptied of its population.
11. Rural Aleppo - Basrtoon: Artillery shelling on the village and the fall of shells on houses and dozens wounded.
12. Rural Aleppo - Bashqateen: Shelling targets the villages and towns of Qabtan Al Jabal, 'Anajareh, Bashqateen and Basrtoon at night.
13. Rural Aleppo - 'Anadan: The northern suburbs in all of 'Anadan, Hayyan and Bayanoon are being shelled and there are sounds of explosions and clashes:http://youtu.be/Mnzy3IzqVx4
* Rural Aleppo- Al Abzimo- Bombardment of the just before midnight, on Sunday night and the effects of the devastation caused:http://youtu.be/RDRA-VTofO4
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’
1. Rural Aleppo- Azaaz- Tanks and Assad vehicles were stationed outside the city from the northern side:http://youtu.be/MsWWUoFwSLc
At the entrance to the city-http://youtu.be/vlfRAiHCmzw
Helicopters flying above the city and their participation in bombing the city with rockets-http://youtu.be/j-4TjJQEGt8
2. Rural Aleppo- Jarablos- Warplanes flying above Jarablos to hide Assad gangs which arrived with a convoy of vehicles and reinforcements to the outskirts of the city:http://youtu.be/yx6thkmNhO4
3. Rural Aleppo- Tal Rifa’t- Warplanes flying above in conjunction with the bombing of the city:http://youtu.be/9djs2LEdY6k
Demonstrations that had fire opened onto:
1. Al Firdous: Evening demonstration dispersed by security with open fire on protestors.
1. Al Miyassar- The most violent campaign of arrest implemented by Assad gangs on the neighbourhood, the number of people detained from the neighbourhood until now exceeds 150 people.
2. Al Zibdiyeh district: Security forces and shabeeha [regime thugs] arrest a man and a woman near Al Zabadiyeh police station while people were queuing up for sugar, as the man and woman were protesting about the unfair distribution of sugar, where shabeeha and their families are given double the rations as norman citizens.
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Aleppo suburbs, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all.
1. University of the revolution - Faculty of Medicine/Science: Students demonstrate in large numbers. The protest reached near the Faculty of Pharmacy and the Faculty of Science:
At the faculty of medicine:http://youtu.be/cQ8WUNFkPd4
Revolution flag above the banner of the institute:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=266589793441790&set=a.196462573787846.32351.194711390629631&type=1&theater
Freedom-callers heading to the Faculty of Science:http://youtu.be/pXsYATcRLGI
At the door of the Faculty of Pharmacy, in the direction of the Faculty of Science:http://youtu.be/oZux0682_4o
At the square in the Faculty of Science:http://youtu.be/v_VzRMPhkds
2. Faculty of Arts: Large demonstration which was highjacked by air intelligence [mukhabarat] who stormed the faculty after the demonstration:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=266573106776792&set=a.196462573787846.32351.194711390629631&type=1&theater
3. Al Ashrafieh- Demo from Salah al Deen mosquehttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=406860689350883&set=a.263640197006267.54829.263596030344017&type=1&theater
4. Nile road: Large demonstration with the participation of women at Al Fatat Al Yatama park:http://youtu.be/y2PbG5JYcAU
5. Masaken Hanano- Evening demonstration from Havana clubhttp://youtu.be/72uDEcDePHg
Steadfastness of the demonstration-http://youtu.be/DuyVkCdh5zc
6. Al Qaterji neighbourhood- Evening demonstration for the first time from Abbad Bin Bisher mosquehttp://youtu.be/OyAlbAlaRQA
7. Al Rabe’ AlArabi- Evening demonstration after Isha’ prayers from Abd Allah Bin Mas’ood mosquehttp://youtu.be/Lm2P_tyCCvE
8. Al Sikaree- Demonstration from Ouwais al Qarni mosquehttp://youtu.be/rsbfwinusMU
Graffiti man at work during the demonstration-http://youtu.be/efiwkCCWRCQ
A child chanting ‘Come on, leave Bashar’ http://youtu.be/wlbnXP0aoss
A view expressing al Treimseh massacre-http://youtu.be/ROz8Uk4dW6w
9. Halab al Jadideh- Evening demonstration from outside Al Sheikh Omar mosque- http://youtu.be/CLt2zWF6tPs
10. Al Mashihad- Evening demonstration singing ‘Jannah Jannah’http://youtu.be/jPSBnQRyPXY
Lift the siege on Homs-http://youtu.be/z1cVmuQxS64
Burning the HezbAllah flag-http://youtu.be/WjHhM8tW4Rs
11. Al Sakhour- Evening demonstration in Al villaat streethttp://youtu.be/5YUpE71AwCI
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Saif Al Dowleh, Al Masakin Al Sha'biyeh (Al Maghayer), Al Ma'adee, Al Hillok, Salah al Deen, Al Kallaseh, Bostan al Qasr, Al Sheikh Fares, Al Miyassar, Al Firdous
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to the city of Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute bashar and to show solidarity with the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution.
1. Kobani- http://youtu.be/NBUvkuwWhso
2. Al Atareb- demonstration calling for the unity of Arabs and Kurds against enemies of Syria:http://youtu.be/_lioBilYHKU
3. Al Bab: Live broadcasting of the demonstration and funeral procession for martyr 'Mostafa Mahmoud Al Na'sanee':http://youtu.be/pjp5BuCqgjA
4. Daret 'Izeh: Live broadcasting of the demonstration:http://youtu.be/rQ7JMhoIrz4
5. Dabiq- Evening demonstrationhttp://youtu.be/jM4uVz-PR3k
6. Al Kobani- Large evening demonstrationhttp://youtu.be/RB5m9dl3LM4
7. Ihtimeelat- Evening demonstrationhttp://youtu.be/0Tb765GPKcA
8. Bza’a- Evening demonstration from outside the big mosquehttp://youtu.be/pc5iRHLFSOA
9. Menbej- Evening demonstration in Al karameh neighbourhoodhttp://youtu.be/K4GtiiE7MqQ
10. Batbo- Evening demonstrationhttp://youtu.be/FXBLQlXRugc
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Sreen, Qabaseen
Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1. Al Shahba' district: The graffiti artist is still in control of the walls in Al Shahba':http://youtu.be/vw9UWsdtFRM
2. College of Commercial Banking: Student does a revolutionary campaign of graffiti art:http://youtu.be/-KtUAS9eKoc
3. University of the revolution: Students fill the falls of the Faculty of Pharmacy with revolutionary slogans in graffiti: http://youtu.be/eeVfty0xafQ
4. Aleppo International Airport: Sit-in done by staff of the airport at 10am, demanding the release of engineer 'Mostafa Al Bakr', head of maintenance, who has been detained by the air intelligence [mukhabarat] for more than 2 months.
1. Southern rural Aleppo - Al 'Ees town: Kidnapping of doctor 'Mostafa Al'alee' this morning who is known for his work with human rights.
Delayed videos and news:
1. Rural Aleppo- Menbej- An evening demonstration took off in Al Serb neighbourhood Sunday night.http://youtu.be/8tVsU3K3-5E
2. Rural Aleppo- Sreen- A video of the demonstration on Sunday nighthttp://youtu.be/E7Z-dPw28ew
3. Rural Aleppo- Maari’- Evening demonstration in Maari’ Sunday night.http://youtu.be/8RNI8l_dOfA
4. Suleiman Al Halabi district- Evening demonstration marched past Karm AlJabal on Sunday night.http://youtu.be/92tVR6A5ijc
5. Al Marjeh- Evening demonstration on Sunday night.http://youtu.be/mSvijm8-Xds
6. Al Mashihad- Crowds of demonstrators in the neighbourhood, Salah al Deen and Al Ansari in Kafranbel freedom.http://youtu.be/JMacm1E2TBE
Number of arrests: 2 - a campaign of arrests in Al Miyassar district
Number of martyrs: 13
Number of protests: 34, 21 in the city, 13 in rural Aleppo
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 4
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 1
Number of cases of opening fire: 3
Number of shelled places: 13
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 3
Number of defections: 0