Sunday, July 15, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings
1. Al Furqan / Hama: Martyr and defected soldier 'Mohammad Hanoush' who was shot by a bullet from Assad's battalion in Hama suburbs. His family received his body yesterday and they buried him.
2. Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: 'Mahmoud Mostafa', around 55 with 6 children, was martyred by a security bullet at a checkpoint stationed at Asia junction. The driver was wounded and the car drifted from the road and crashed, causing his martyrdom.
3. Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: 'Abdo Mostafa', [brother of Mahmoud Mostafa], around 56 with 8 children, was martyred by a security bullet at a checkpoint stationed at Asia junction. The driver was wounded and the car drifted from the road and crashed, causing his martyrdom.
4. Al Dallaleen / Deir Ezzor: Martyrdom of young defected soldier 'Mahmoud Ibd Ibrahim Ma'youf', known as 'Abu Murad al-Halabi' in Deir Ezzor this morning. His family have not received his body as of yet:http://youtu.be/jDqAoFM7teQ
5. Al-Akramiyeh / Idlib: Martyrdom of defected soldier 'Adullah Bastanee' in Idlib, who was killed by Assad's battalions.
6. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: Martyrdom of hero 'Mahmoud Hameed Al Sayyed Ali', known as 'Hajj 'Amouree', 42 years with 5 children, who was killed while defending the citizens of Azaaz. He is the third martyr from his family:http://youtu.be/ZE53FjwyOno
Father of the martyr announces the obituary of his son and bids goodbye:http://youtu.be/nqfZ7eIm7TY
A brave woman mourning her martyred sons:http://youtu.be/80Mxx1sEKlk
Praying for the martyr:http://youtu.be/iNmf_qHDxvo
7. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: Martyred child 'Mohammad Haj Kareem Ibn Sadiq', 12 years, who was killed with a bullet from Assad's battalion.
8. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: 'Ahmad Kazkaz', 23, martyred by shooting from Assad's battalions:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=449995948373759&set=a.242268182479871.64409.201246229915400&type=1&relevant_count=1
9. Rural Aleppo - Jarablos: 'Saleem Aldhan', martyred by a sniper bullet.
1. Injured and wounded:
1. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: Martydrom of a child and many wounded from Assad's gangs shooting on civilians near the circular roads.
2. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: One of the rockets that fell on the city:http://youtu.be/piZxSS4QYuQ
The conditions of the city: The situation is like that of other besieged cities: a cut-off of electricity, water and communications, a severe shortage of bread and a lack of pharmacies and food stores, alongside great destruction to houses and shops with continued rocket and artillery shelling on a daily and nightly basis.
3. Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: Impact of rocket and artillery shelling on the town.
The destruction of residential houses:http://youtu.be/h3paZqYdczs
4. Rural Aleppo - Jarablos: Large numbers of civilians flee in fear of any attempt for Assad's army to raid the city, following clashes in the region.
5. Salah Al Deen: Assad checkpoint present near Salah Al Deen roundabout, opposite As Sabagh coffee shop and they are stopping and searching every car.
Cases of open fire
1. Al Firdous: Sounds of heavy open fire in the district.
Places that were bombed/ shelled:
1. Rural Aleppo- Azaaz- Renewed shelling using helicopters onto the city of Azaaz, as well as a number of defections.
- Shelling was renewed at night as well from Mengh military airport and from the barriers stationed on the outskirts of the city.
- Midnight- Renewed heavy shelling of the city from Meng military airport and the barriers stationed on the outskirts of the city.
2. Rural Aleppo- Jarablos- Intensive flight of military helicopters and firing from machine guns onto civilian houses for more than an hour.
3. Rural Aleppo- Tal Rif’at- Cannons were heard firing towards the rural areas of Aleppo, many shells fell on Tal Rif’at and on other area.
- Renewed barbaric shelling of the city by Assad gangs, many rockets fell around 7pm.
4. Rural Aleppo- Maari’- Heavy bombardment by Assad gangs onto the city during the evening, the sounds of ‘Takbeers’ can be heard from all mosques in the city in response to the sound of bombs that are pouring down on the people.http://youtu.be/yH9a711uCMw
5. Rural Aleppo- Bayanoun- Intermittent shelling onto Bayanoun village by BRMD armoured vehicles.
6. Rural Aleppo- Kafar Halab- Violent shelling of the town, more than ten shells fell onto civilian homes, there is a state of panic and terror amongst citizens and the town witnessed a mass exodus from the 46th regiment.
7. Rural Aleppo- Tuqad- Shelling using artillery and rocket launchers on the village.
8. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- the return of bombing onto the city, video shows the moment the shell was fired from the 46th regiment onto the city.http://youtu.be/AooaSHxMQcc
Bombing of the city with six rockets on differing parts of the city, smoke columns rise above the city, all happening around midnight.
Rocket-propelled grenades that fell on the city after midnight today:http://youtu.be/BF2rPJ2Ewbo
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Saharra- Assad planes flying above the city sky in the morning.http://youtu.be/eausAaC2X08
2. Rural Aleppo- Jarablos- Intensive flight of military aviation and firing from their machine guns onto civilian homes for more than an hour.
Demonstrations that had fire opened onto:
1. Salah al Deen- Assad forces open fire onto demonstrators in Al Shar’ia street.
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Aleppo suburbs, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all.
1. Trade Institute: Large demonstration:http://youtu.be/ZAWVtzdTsig
2. Faculty of Science: Large demonstration supporting detained hero 'Mohammad 'Arab' and chanting for martyr 'Ihsan Sadiq:http://youtu.be/7mOfctMvGDU
Revolutionary chants in the large protest:http://youtu.be/1X9pigtTbaw
For detailed Mohammad 'Arab:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=449741731725616&set=a.446465362053253.105759.445188832180906&type=1&theater
3. Al A'thamiyeh: An Aleppo university [the revolution university] sit-in turned into a demonstration near Bilal mosque:http://youtu.be/h-MfMoIKBkY
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Al Sakhoor, Suleiman Al Halabi
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to the city of Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute bashar and to show solidarity with the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution.
1. Menbej- Large demonstration from Al Jame’ AlKabeer http://youtu.be/9WBn-I8nPuQ
2. AlBab- Funeral procession of the martyr ‘Mohammad Sadeq Al Shehabi’http://youtu.be/P_BW6WNfldw
3. Dabiq- Evening demonstrationhttp://youtu.be/GR821eA3GJQ
4. Ibeen- Evening demonstrationhttp://youtu.be/quzmvgoL7aE
Reported daytime demonstrations with no video footage- Sreen, Al Hadra, AlSikarieh AlKbeireh, Maari’.
Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1. Al Sikaree- A campaign of changing school names to the names of marytyrs in the neighbourhood at dawn time today:
The school ‘Sameer Abu Harash’ was renamed to school of the martyr ‘Mohammad Qassab’
School of the revolution became school of the martyr ‘Ahmad Sitr’
Ziad AlAttar school was renamed to the school of the martyr ‘Bader Sadeq’http://youtu.be/Fc4S0SBFyKg
2. Al Shahba- New work by the graffiti man, the revolution flag was sprayed on the walls of building very near the Air Force Intelligence branch.http://youtu.be/HxhXDA3LQPE
3. Faculty of Dentistry- On the 40th day remembrance of the martyrdom of Mahmood Quryawi, his fellow students stood in silence as an act of solidarity and saluted him outside the college doors carrying pictures of him and a banner commemorating the most important parts of his life:http://youtu.be/oX0E3lpKaKY
4. Institute of Medicine: graffiti campaign within the Institute-http://youtu.be/jlrEXk-wsNU
5. Al Athamieh- Silent sit-in by students of the Revolutionary university in Al Athamieh, near Belal mosque demanding the release of detainees and to support the detainee that has been on a hunger strike since 02/07/2012, the doctor ‘Mohammad Arab’, the sit-in became a large demonstration in the neighbourhood, chanting to topple the murderous criminal and to support thw wounded area, rural Aleppo.http://youtu.be/NfSlGGxF0hw
6. Al Ashrafieh- Sit-in outside Zeid Bin Thabet mosque in Al Ashrafieh, which became an angry demonstration in support of Damascus and rural Aleppo.
1. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: 6 new defections from ranks of the Syrian army with all of their weapons.
1. Central prison: Security personnel took in sheikh Abu Karam for interrogating for creating discord among prisoners and making ill-wishing prayers against Bashar. Prisoners tried to break down the doors and civil disobedience and chants continued for more than 2 hours, until the authorities were forced to call the forces of the preservation of the regime, and they took Abu Karam back to his division after they paraded him around the prison cells, until people believed that he had gone back, and the civil disobedience has ended with the return of Abu Karam to his prison cell.
2. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: Clip of hero martyr 'Mahmoud Hameed 'Amouree' as he laments one of his martyred brothers who died 2 months ago after he was kidnapped by the army for 2 hours. He was returned to his family dead with his limbs torn. Now he is a martyr himself, emphasising how martyrs will continue until victory is achieved:http://youtu.be/y01ZmDxQio8
Delayed videos and news:
1. Al Zahra': Saturday morning desmonsration in front of Al Beyrouni school:http://youtu.be/AXA1fxWSuB8
2. Al Martini: Large demonstration from yesterday on Al Qusoor road: http://youtu.be/SkXyqppNewM
3. Al Sakhoor: Saturday evening demonstration:http://youtu.be/qLw9uM3qpp4
4. Masakin Hanano: Saturday evening demonstration:http://youtu.be/SWXVV_bbjYc
5. Salah Al Deen: New videos of a great Saturday evening protest with the participation of Al Ansaree and Al Mashhad:
Chanting for the Free Syria Army and Al Yarmouk camp:http://youtu.be/s1yo5umpXxI
Meeting with freedom-callers from Al Mashhad:http://youtu.be/KiLDjxoPh9w
A child from Hreitan sings and the arrival of freedom-callers from Al Ansaree to the crowds of protestors:http://youtu.be/MTvOi-ccCiE
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 10
Number of protests: 25 – 17 in the city, 8 in rural Aleppo
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 6
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 1
Number of cases of opening fire: 3
Number of shelled places: 9
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 2
Number of defections: 6