Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings
1. Rural Aleppo- Azaaz- Martyrdom of the young hero ‘Mohammad Kanjo Abu Hanan’ at the hands of Assad gangs while he was defending civilians in Anadan.
2. Al Sikaree- yesterday 18-06-2012: Another martyr in the neighbourhood, ‘Mustafa Lahmouni’, shot dead by Assad forces who had surrounded the martyrs house, to prevent people from approaching, reported news of another martyr, however, this has not yet been confirmed.
1. Wounded and injured:
• Rural Aleppo- Azaaz- A child was injured by Assad snipers in Azaaz, he suffered a very serious injury to the chest and is now between life and death:
• Rural Aleppo- Anadan- Assad brigades fired a rocket-propelled grenade at a car carrying 3 civilians on the Western road specifically for displaced people, injury of a;; those in the car, one of them having suffered a very serious injury.
2. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- Effects of massive ruin and destruction, regime tanks deployed in the city-
• Spread of snipers and thugs on the rooftops of high buildsings-
3. Rural Aleppo- Hayyan- For the last 10 days, Hayyan has been exposed to continuous, heavy shelling and fierce attacks using all kinds of heavy weapons from rockets, artillery, tanks and aviation, which has led to the displacement of approximately 98% of the citizens, in addition to the lack of basic life necessities such as bread, water, gas, medicine and still power remains fully cut off since the start of this vicious attack, which has caused food stored in fridges and freezers to rot. Destruction prevails more than 40% of homes and there is a full lack of oil materials (diesel - gasoline). The effects of indiscriminate shelling of homes:
The effects of devastation and destruction on the town:
The place where one of the shells fell:
4. Rural Aleppo- Bayanoun- electric power cuts since the past 10 days until now, a lack of water, stock and food rot:
5. Rural Aleppo- Hreitan- Burning of agricultural land due to the bombing:
The effects of the bombing:
Burning of agricultural land in conjunction with the bombing of the city of Anadan and Hreitan from Monday morning, knowing that the military campaign on Aleppo countryside is still going on:
Also during the evening:
6. Rural Aleppo- Anadan- Effects of bombing and destruction on the city-
Live broadcast of an attempted storm of the city of Anadan 18-06-2012:
7. Al Sakhour- security cars stormed the neighbourhood after an evening demonstration took off, fear of a campaign of raids and arrests might take place in the neighbourhood.
8. Salah Al Din- Heavy spread of security in the neighbourhood amid a power, fear of a campaign of raids and arrests.
Demonstrations that had fire opened onto:
1. Al Sikaree- Security and thugs fired bullets at demonstrators.
2. Al Hamdanieh/ Salah Al Din- very heavy shooting at demonstrators who took off from Salah Al Din and marched to Hamdanieh stadium, where heavy fire was opened onto them, but the freedom callers persisted to continue and tried to rally again:
3. Rural Aleppo- Menbej- Security and thugs opened fire to disperse demonstrators that took off in an evening demonstration in the city.
Places that were bombed/ shelled:
1. Rural Aleppo- Hayyan- Shelling still continues.
• Night: heavy shelling from the checkpoint using heavy machine guns onto the town and targeting anything and everything that moves.
2. Rural Aleppo- Anadan- Assad forces fired indiscriminately using machine guns on the city of Anadan, along with the renewal of artillery bombardment during the evening. Bombing from the Bayanoun barrier onto Anadan summer houses, snipers targeting all that moves in the region.
3. Rural Aleppo- Maaret Al Artiq- Heavy shelling onto Anadan and Maaret Al Artiq using missiles, artillery and fissiles.
4. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- continued bombardment of the city:
• Evening: Assad gangs bombed the center sustainably from the 46th regiment to destroy all that remains of houses in the city.
5. Rural Aleppo- Kafar Nouran- 6 shells fell from the 46th artillery regiment onto Kafar Nouran village, a state of fear and panic among civilians.
6. Rural Aleppo- Qubtan Al Jabal- Artillery shelling on the town at night.
7. Rural Aleppo- Ibeen- bombing and shooting to the town and neighbouring towns, the movement of exodus from the town of Ibeen resulting from the shelling that has targeted the town and neighbouring towns, power cuts caused due to the bombing.
8. Rural Aleppo- Batbo- heavy shelling on Batbo and Kafar Nouran from the 46th regiment, a state of panic among parents.
9. Rural Aleppo- Hreitan- Renewed indiscriminate shelling onto the city of Hreitan-
Cases of gunfire
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Baab- Assad gangs fired bullets heavily on the city, snipers targeting pedestrians and firing Dochka shells, creating a state of fear for children and families in the city and imposing a curfew.
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’
1. Rural Aleppo- Anadan- Flight of helicopters over Anadan city.
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Aleppo suburbs, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all.
1. Al Sikaree/ Al Firdous- the funeral procession of the hero martyr ‘Ahmad Waddah Sitr’ took off from outside his home in massive numbers:
Majestic views when filming from above:
Crowds of demonstrators, more joining on from other areas:
Revolution flag was raised:
At al Hajj bridge:
Revolution flag was raised:
Chanting for the martyr:
The grandfather of the martyr:
Chants for the father of the martyr:
Arrival of demonstrators to Al Kallaseh-
Arrival of demonstrators to Bostan al Qasr-
1. Al Marjeh- demonstration took off from Othman Bin Affan mosque.
2. Salah Al Din/ Al Hamdanieh- two deomnstrations
When they first gathered:
Salute the people of Anadan-
Filming from the beginning:
Demonstrators cut off the roads during the demonstration
3. Al Sikaree- Ouwais al Qarni mosque
Start to pray:
Al Fatiha for the soul of the martyr, amazing banners:
From the demonstration
4. Bostan Al Qasr/ Al Kallaseh:
Saluting Al Sikaree:
Saluting all the liberals of Aleppo:
Amazing chants, rows of demonstrators:
Chanting for Freedom and for Homs:
Reported evening demonstrations with no video footage- Salah Al Din, Al Sakhour, Al Mogambo, Al Miyassar, Al Shahiba, Al Sakhour, Al Shaar.
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to the city of Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute bashar and to show solidarity with the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution.
In the square:
2. Azaaz- Funeral procession of Mohammad Kanjo
Saluting the matyrs father and calling for freedom:
4. Shadra village: http://youtu.be/Ak6CjZ8dyQU
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Srin, Menbej. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------