Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings
1. Rural Aleppo- Martyrdom of young male ‘Rami Mohammad Eid Abd AlRahman’ resulting from the brutal bombing of the town, many of his brothers were also injured after a shell fell on his home in Ibeen.
Prayer for the soul of the martyr:
2. Rural Aleppo- Martyrdom of the hero ‘Ismail Mansour Ouswo’ as a result of the wounds inflicted on him, orginially he is from Hayyan.
3. Martyr ‘Majed Boushi’ martyred when a shell fell on the western road to Anadan, next to Al Watania. The Martyr was one of the displaced people who fled because of the sustained artillery bombardment of the city.
Funeral procession of the martyr:
4. Martyr ‘Waleed Ibrahim Owani’Still the body of the martyr "Waleed Ibrahim Owani" lies on the western road between Anadan and Maaret Al Artiq, after it was targetted with machine guns, no-one can approach to attempt evacuate the body because of snipers targeting anyone approaching. The same incident led to the martyrdom of ‘Majid Boushi’.
1. Wounded and injured:
• Rural Aleppo- Ibeen:
Serious injuries among children due to the brutal, indiscriminate shelling by Assad forces:
One of the civilians with a serious injury:
• Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- Injury of the activist ‘Omar Izeddin’, his message to Assad and his gangs is:
• Serious innjury of a woman in Anadan on her way to Hayyan because they were attacked and had gunfire opened onto by units at the military checkpoint between Hayyan and Bayanoun.
2. Rural Aleppo- Anadan- Among Assad’s attacks on humans and stone structures on the edge of the steadfast Anadan, animals have also not been spared from their brutal attacks, where they confiscated a herd full of a farmer and slaughtered 10 sheep, as well as burning the crops and breaking olive tree branches in Anadan .
3. Al Firdous and Saif Al Dowleh- Security forces threaten the owners of shops in both neighbourhoods in an attempt at trying to force them to open their shops and threatening they will raid them if they don’t comply.
Heavy security presence in Saif Al Dowleh:
4. Al Jamilieh- Security and thugs try to break the strike:
Heavy security alert in Al Jamilieh, the strike is driving them mad:
Security give shop owners of closed shops ten minutes to open otherwise they threatened to shoot onto the closed shops.
5. Rural Aleppo- Batbo- Displacement of citizens due to indiscriminate shelling, with the help of the Free Syrian Army:
• A place where one of the Assad shells fell
• Despite the displacement of citizens, there is a crisis in the oven because there is a large number of people who have escapred the bombing of the oven in occupied Al Atareb by Assad gangs:
6. Rural Aleppo- Ibeen- Effects of bombing on the city:
In homes and trees of peoples gardens:
Effects of the bomb and some shrapnel fragments:
7. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- The effects of destruction because of the continued barbaric bombardment on the city.
The effects of destruction inside the big mosque.
The effects of the place where shells, rockets and shrapnels fell:
The effects of massive destruction in people's homes:
8. Rural Aleppo- Anadan- The effects of bombing and missiles that penetrate the walls of civilian houses.
Undirected rockets fired from c5 kp helicopters, caliber 57 mm, a range of 1800 meters, which was launched on the city:
9. Rural Aleppo- Hreitan- Impact of the destruction and devastation caused by the bombing and the war on Hreitan, dated 16/06/2012:
The effects of the bombing, the video is tour of Hreitan showing the effects on the infrastructure of the town, houses, shops, water tanks:
10. Rural Aleppo- Bayanoun: the effects of brutal shelling on the city:
Demonstrations that had fire opened onto:
1. Aleppo city- Al Sikaree- the usual evening demonstration of the freedom callers in the neighbourhood, attacked by security using bullets and tear gas bombs, but the freedom callers responded with stones, which led to some security running away.
Places that were bombed/ shelled:
1. Rural Aleppo- Babkeh- Hours before dawn today, civilian houses in the village were targeted using rocket launchers and cannons found in the 46th regiment in Orme Al Sughra and a state of panic and fear among the people and displacement from the village.
2. Rural Aleppo- Ibeen- Continuation of bombing at night until the early hours of sunrise on homes:
3. Rural Aleppo- Batbo- Assad occupation forces bombed the village at dawn today using rocket launchers, there is a state of panic and mass exodus of the civilian population.
4. Rural Aleppo- Anadan- Renewed artillery bombardment on the city of Anadan, tanks stationed at the southern end of town fired with machine guns and BMB shells. The city remains cut-off from the world as landlines, cellular communications a, the Internet, in addition to complete electricity cut-off from the city, ((dates vary due to poor means of communication over the last few days)):
Bombing the only available way to displaced civilians:
• Night: renewed shelling of the city by military checkpoints.
• Arrival of a video from the shelling on 14-6-2012:
Anadan is shelled with heavy artillery in addition to the bombing of Hamza mosque, freedom callers hear the sound of shelling and wonder where shells will land:
5. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- Heavy fire from heavy machine guns, followed by the launch of three tank shells on the city which led to considerable material damage in the city.
• Average bombing of the city and its countryside, shells are dropped indiscriminately every five minutes from heavy artillery.
6. Rural Aleppo- Al Jeenih- Effects of bombardment on agricultural land and livestock, many injured animals:
7. Rural Aleppo- Maaret Al Artiq- Renewed shelling on Maaret Al Artiq by tanks stationed between Anadan and the city.
• Night: The tanks that surround the city and is included in the bombing of Maaret Al Artiq, leading to civilian casualties and displacements taking place.
Cases of gunfire
1. Rural Aleppo- Bayanoun- Sporadic gunfire on the town from the Assad barrier that is based between Hayyan and Bayanoun, which led to the injury of a woman.
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’
1. Rural Aleppo- Anadan- Heavy equipped security and thugs concentrated on the eastern side of the city in preparation to storm Anadan:
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Aleppo suburbs, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all.
1. Al Heidarieh- evening demonstration from Al Fatih mosque
2. Al Sikaree- evening demonstration from Ouwais Al Qarni mosque
3. Salah Al Din- evening demonstration
4. Bostan Al Qasr- evening demonstration from Badr mosque
Special salute to Anadan:
Special salute to Salah Al Din:
5. Baab Al Nasr- evening demonstration
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Al Miyassar, Al Marjeh, Al Salheen, Al Marjeh, .
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to the city of Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute bashar and to show solidarity with the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution.
1. Ibeen- Funeral procession/ demonstration of martyr ‘Rami Mohammad Eid Abd AlRahman’ accompanied by soldiers from the Free Syrian Army.
2. Kobani- http://youtu.be/ow18DQ29DEA
3. Menbej- Large demonstration from the Big mosque
4. +5. Menbej- Female demonstration after Asr prayers in Al Rabitah street and another evening demonstration in Al Sheikh Akil neighbourhood,
Al Sheikh Akil: http://youtu.be/TS6lI-2SCEk
6. Al Abzimo- evening demonstration took off despite the shelling and bombing
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Menbej.
Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1. Salah Al Din- General strike in Al Hatabi street
2. Al Sikaree- General strike around Duhr prayer time
3. Saif Al Dowleh- Partial strike:
4. Al Athamieh- 17% general strike
5. Al Hillok- General strike
6. Al Shaar- 50% general strike
- Partial strike in Noor Al Shuhada street:
-Karm Al Beik:
7. Al Jamilieh: General strike in Iskandaroun street
Partial strike in the neighbourhood:
8. Al Baab way- 75% general strike
At Al Halwanieh roundabout:
9. Sabi Bahraat: Most shops participating in the strike for dignity:
10. Al Furqan- Strike in express street
11. Jaadat Al Khunduq- Very high percentage of strike taking place:
12. Al Khaldieh- Almost complete strike for dignity in Al Khaldieh:
13. Al Heidarieh- general strike
14. Al Jdaydeh- Almost complete strike
15. Al Mashihad- 80% general strike
16. Al Souweiqa-
17. Souq Qastal Hijarein,
18. Souq Old Aleppo-
- Khan Al Harir: http://youtu.be/wj9ozipf2F0
19. Souq Al Qasab-
Strike with no video footage: Souq Al Zahrawi, Souq Al Niswan, Souq Bah Sita, Souq Al Baradi.
• strike in rural Aleppo-
1. Menbej- 100% general strike for dignity, which is amazing considering there is a population of 450,000 people and is one of the largest rural cities of Aleppo:
Strike in the market with revolutionary slogans:
Strike on Jarablos way-
Strike in the industrial city-
2. Al Safira- http://youtu.be/ZcdrA6EfOMw
3. Batbo- general strike because of the constant bombardment an in suppoer of the countryside: